A Shipping Supervisor leads the distribution staff at a shipping center. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for production flow, monitoring orders that will be shipped, motivate the team to make sure they meet the department’s goals, makes sure there is enough staff so that production does not fall behind, provide staff training, administer company policies, and perform routine audits.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Shipping Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Shipping Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Tracked product distribution to ensure on-time delivery for smooth customer service.
- Effectively managed the transfer of shipping products between shipments to ensure adherence to the shipping schedule.
- Provided training on the use of new computer systems that affect efficiency in shipping.
- Implemented systems that reduced overall costs, but maintained quality control measures.
- Recognized by peers for outstanding leadership skills during the transition period from old ways to new ways of workplace procedures.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Supervised 10 dockworkers at a privately owned company overseeing the shipment of chemicals from the North to the South.
- Managed staff by conducting daily meetings and training sessions while maintaining staff work schedules.
- Identified and resolved issues while communicating with customers, managers, and employees. Reported findings to appropriate personnel within 48 hours.
- Received salary increase for increased production attributable to safety suggestions that were implemented by employees while increasing their enjoyment in working on the dock.
- Provided outstanding customer satisfaction by ensuring timely delivery during inclement weather conditions.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Maintained a clean, orderly workplace and conducted all work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Selected the most rapid shipping method for shipments, based on customer orders.
- Created new shipping procedures by analyzing shipping requirements and creating new processes as necessary.
- Directed the shipment of critical materials for a major customer.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed required documentation records on time.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Effectively supervised two employees for daily activities including loading-trucks, packing freight, and completing paperwork.
- Increased material flow within the warehouse by 100%; recognized for saving time and money.
- Earned recognition as an exceptional member of the team by completing tasks ahead of schedule.
- Achieved award for maintaining a high level of accuracy in data entry, while effectively communicating with all employees to ensure that tasks were completed on time.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to freight bills.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Touched up critical orders to meet critical tight deadlines.
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure orders were completely filled and shipped on time. Created a log of supplies required to meet product requirements.
- Demanding customer service rep who felt comfortable handling the most cynical customers; was able to negotiate acceptable terms and conditions in restricted circumstances.
- Developed recommendations for purchasing and inventory control; negotiated supplier agreements; maintained daily reports and updated totals based on actuals, forecasts, and pricing.
- Supervised a large team of employees in an aggressive growth market; was able to motivate the team by providing vision, goals, incentives, and recognition programs.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Monitored for accuracy, condition of the merchandise and completed required documentation to ensure proper delivery.
- Resolved issues with shippers, carriers, and purchasing departments.
- Resolved issues with suppliers of raw materials and components.
- Coordinated with outside vendors for deliveries. Follow up documents on all shipments, including receiving dock manifests and receiving dock release forms.
- Received the Outstanding Service Award for a period of one year from a major supplier of raw materials.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Reduced shipping errors by 40% within four months of promotion to supervisor.
- Created process to ensure all shipments were ready for pick-up on time.
- Lead team in implementing new software system resulting in increased productivity of 20%.
- Streamlined order tracking system leading to $200,000 annual savings per location.
- Led team in bidding process resulting in winning the contract for shipping services valued at $1.7M annually.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised activities for pick-up, storage, and delivery of goods; contributed to the smooth completion of all shipments.
- Selected by the COO to lead a new process streamlining shipping costs associated with third-party vendors by 50%; earned recognition as a top performer for meritorious service.
- Expertly implemented new process, reducing costs related to WIP inventory by 12%; identified as an exemplar employee.
- Promoted to Head of Shipping after providing exemplary service; recognized as an invaluable asset to the organization by top executive leadership team.
- Enhanced processes that led to a reduction in error rates from 4% to 2.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Contributed to successful shipment of materials by minimizing the cost of failure and procuring top-quality materials at competitive prices.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in record-keeping for shipping materials by following established guidelines to ensure that all documents were correctly forwarded to the designated person; identified and rectified areas in which one could improve.
- Received acknowledgment from the Regional Manager for outstanding performance; effective utilization of equipment, resulting in increased productivity per hour, thus enabling the company to make more profit.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; effectively utilized the department’s resources.
- Received award for outstanding performance; efficiently and accurately used company computers to compile information.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Designed and implemented a workable inventory control system, improving on-time delivery rates of more than 50% by reducing the error rate from 5% to 0.2% within one month; assembled a 15-member team of dedicated and skilled warehouse and transportation workers.
- Assembled a 6-member team of entry-level workers, distributing duties to each to maintain the integrity of the workplace.
- Maintained 100% job attendance by all employees while training new workers in safe practices; also addressed concerns of employees regarding work hours, overtime, and insurance coverage.
- Achieved recognition for exceeding Business Twice Daily (BTD) objectives; repaired damaged machinery and ensured that orders were filled according to their due date.
- Streamlined assembly operations by implementing parallel assembly systems; redesigned numerous defective components, saving the company $1.85 million in revenue loss caused by by-products that could not be shipped on time.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Received employee of the quarter award; completed 30% increase in daily shipments while reducing handling and freight charges.
- Secured a strategic business relationship that increased revenues by 50%; recommended and implemented an appropriate fee structure that benefited both parties.
- Achieved a 20% cost reduction; streamlined operations and increased productivity.
- Trained employees on new software; improved customer service and profitability by 15%.
- An established new record for customer satisfaction; maintained high standards for quality assurance, cost reduction, and customer service.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Reorganized shipping department to create more efficient workflow; reduced annual costs for shipping materials.
- Identified an alternate method for recording shipment data; enabled tracking of packages nationwide in real-time.
- Streamlined staff procedures to decrease the time required to process invoices; saved the company $5,000 in postage costs.
- Enabled corporate clients to track their shipments online through the use of 6 codes printed on the packaging slip; efficiency gained by reducing inventory loss and customer complaints.
- Maintained 90% accuracy rate on shipment data entry; maintained processing deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
Shipping Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Received excellent ratings from customers for the quality of merchandise and packaging; recognized for excellence in shipping and receiving and in customer service.
- Resolved scheduling conflicts by asking customers what time they needed the selected items.
- Achieved outstanding performance status, based on customer surveys regarding inventory management, order accuracy, and parts availability; recognized in the Regional Manager’s annual evaluation.
- Accomplished award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from among customers who had applied for a loan.
- Accomplished award for outstanding growth shown in year-to-year growth percentages; effectively planned and executed the execution of fuel plan to reduce costs.
To become a Shipping Supervisor, you will need a high school diploma however a two-year degree is preferred. A good supervisor will have basic computer skills, excellent interpersonal skills, organized, pays attention to detail, has good time management skills, strong writing skills, and shows good leadership.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.