IT systems engineers are responsible for setting up and monitoring all computer systems in an organization. Their main duties include monitoring all installed computer systems, testing new systems, fixing computer systems issues, designing and integrating systems, ensuring optimal performance of systems and discussing system needs with the IT manager.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Systems Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Systems Engineer resumes for your reference.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Managed the technology support staff of a 100 person office to maintain five active servers supporting over 20 software applications.
- Designed and implemented a performance management system for mission critical systems, including tools and procedures for daily monitoring.
- Ensured availability of all e-mail servers by remotely managing power supply unit firmware upgrades on six racks containing 49 SMT2200R2 racks.
- Created a virtualized environment using VMware server to run approximately 25 virtual machines that work in conjunction with IBM xSeries Servers to provide internal infrastructure services.
- Facilitated team building events to promote healthy competition among development teams by creating an internal website content management system used to update interoffice news and announcements.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Projects included migrating core applications to the Windows platform, creating localized versions of websites for Spanish and French speaking markets, and web-based cross-sell advertising modules.
- Spearheaded the implementation of an enterprise wide security initiative by leading a team responsible for implementing new infrastructure and policies; recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on information security by management.
- Collaborate with Engineers, Program Managers and Partnership teams to design and develop new software solutions that meet business requirements; participate in documentation of technical specifications during all project phases and present/pitch in front of top executives.
- Received two letters of appreciation after creating an in-house Windows Network Load-Balancing implementation in order to improve network performance, reduce downtime, and increase redundancy.
- Achieved Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in 2003.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Developed an online training program that has trained over 100,000 users.
- Customer relations skill have improved the relationship with internal customers resulting in increased device support by corporate IT.
- Analyzed and resolved complex issues within web application software product line.
- Expertise in automated test tools can be applied to multiple projects concurrently. As a result, testing is completed more quickly which helps reduce project timelines.
- IT process management expertise resulted in greater efficiency of IT group, ultimately reducing overall departmental costs for corporation.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Upgraded company’s IT infrastructure to include Microsoft SQL Server 2008, VMware ESX 4.0, and Cisco 2960-12 switches with multi-protocol routing/switching support.
- Increased customer satisfaction by providing RMA services via remote access over the phone; assisted all customers in troubleshooting own hardware.
- Deployed 15 Windows 7 workstations within 12 hours after receiving request from users; recognized for quick turnaround times.
- Replaced all six faulty hard drives on file server, saving critical documents which would have been lost without prompt intervention; earned appreciation of manager and coworkers.
- Completed project ahead of schedule by 10% with no budget increase; presented business case for expansion of project with revised numbers.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Provided the IT department with the necessary skills to maintain and enhance all Microsoft servers, Exchange processes, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP services.
- Designed new functionality in custom-built web applications while following accepted development standards for security features and capacity planning.
- Trained on vendor products including IP phones and wireless routers; planned implementation of new equipment.
- Developed an automated system for tracking user login activity that helped identify unauthorized access, policy violations by users.
- Improved network performance through configuration management of core network devices; delivered reports to executive level staff within 24 hours of detection.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Supported the Software Development Group in planning, developing, testing, and implementing new or enhanced production software.
- Completed all formal training requirements to become a Certified Systems Engineer (CSE) in April 2013.
- Volunteered for tasks outside of job functions because it was needed; successfully completed all assigned projects on time with no errors.
- Reduced system downtime through proactive management of applications; predicted outages due to server failures before any problems occurred.
- Trained subordinates in IT operational procedures; led by example to meet company standards while maximizing productivity and profitability.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Identified, resolved and documented critical issues across local area network.
- Improved fault-reporting procedures for ITS Help Desk by 50% through the implementation of a Cisco VoIP phone system.
- Pioneered international GoTo Meeting training program; increased customer satisfaction rating to 99%.
- Wrote documentation that helped transition company from installation technicians to internal IT staff; eliminated need for outside consulting services—savings $300,000 annually.
- Gained full understanding and mastery of LAMP stack (Linux operating system, Apache web server, MySQL relational database management system, and PHP Hypertext Preprocessor scripting language); recognized as one of the top five in the country for aptitude by online salary database.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Supervised and contributed to the implementation of a new, international office infrastructure.
- Deployed various operating systems including Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2; Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010; SQL 2005/2008; IIS with ASP .NET 2.0 and AJAX technologies.
- Implemented Active Directory for 100+ users including administration of permissions, rights, policies and domain membership.
- Provided 24-7 onsite and remote technical support for over 20 users throughout North America and Asia Pacific regions via telephone, instant messaging or email platforms. Preventative maintenance was also provided as needed to ensure optimal performance of customer’s hardware and software.
- Recognized by management for developing an automated inventory system using .NET application, RFID hardware and SQL database.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Improved existing system performance by 50% through software optimization.
- Performed lead role in server management and configuration during a 4-month project for a large global company developing a new office automation product line, resulting in overall success of the program.
- Pioneered development of 2D CAD performance monitoring tools that saved an estimated $300,000/year in hardware costs and increased worker productivity by 20%.
- Developed integration platform to enable legacy business process applications to interface with SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems; recognized as “Most Valuable Player” on cross-functional team for this contribution.
- Supervised custom application development team; evaluated and selected appropriate tools and method methodologiesologies,, identified identified training training needs needs,, and and developed developed training training materials.
IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Maintain confidentiality of computer users’ personal information.
- Achieve an average customer satisfaction rating on surveys greater than 95%.
- Effectively developed and tested new computer systems, resulting in substantial cost savings to company after 24 months.
- Identified the root cause of new system failure through comprehensive testing process.
- Designed backup system that reduced backup window by 92%, reducing nightly server maintenance window from 12 hours to 30 minutes while satisfying RTO requirements.
To work as an IT systems engineer, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science and a certificate in Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP). IT systems engineer must demonstrate technical skills, analytical skills, good communication skills, excellent computer skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills and leadership skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Systems Engineer Resume Samples
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 1
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 2
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 3
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 4
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 5
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 6
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 7
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 8
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 9
- IT Systems Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up