A Director of Software Development manages the operation and development of software and web applications and services. Their responsibilities include hiring staff, training staff, monitoring staff, budgeting, creating data reports, and collaborating with senior management.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Software Development Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Software Development resumes for your reference.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 1
- Created and maintained requirements document for the project, which included design, coding, testing, integration and support of software applications.
- Directed the collection of data from multiple sources in order to develop business plans for new services.
- Designed infrastructure for extensive technical support to third parties during development lifecycle of software systems.
- Led development team to implement innovative solutions in high-performance computing environments while adhering to strict confidentiality policies.
- Met deadlines and provided outstanding quality of work on a monthly basis; updated documentation on a frequent basis while adhering to project schedule.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 2
- Managed a team of 9 software developers, successfully developing two new products in less than 18 months.
- Won Client of the Year award for managing a demo in four days that garnered a contract with a potential client for a $100,000 per month project.
- Earned respect and cooperation from peers, superiors, and subordinates through consistent availability, collaboration, and leadership.
- Assisted in redesigning the organizational structure of our software development group and implemented new time and expense tracking software to improve efficiency.
- Recommended by peers to be promoted to Senior Director of Software Development.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 3
- Introduced “Super-Compressing” for streaming files over the Internet. Received patent before the technology was stolen and used by a competitor.
- Increased revenue by 5% by focusing on business solutions to clients’ problems.
- Provided an affordable alternative to expensive hardware for small businesses using Virtual Server Technology. Received award from World Technology Council for outstanding new technology.
- Reduced downtime by implementing server load balancing solution on Microsoft’s Windows Server 2008 R2 platform; received appreciation letter from Chief Executive Officer of one of the largest retailers in the world.
- Resolved customers’ technical issues by providing accurate, detailed information over the phone. Earned appreciation letter from the Company’s Chief Technical Officer.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 4
- Led a team of five people to develop and maintain a database for customer inventory purposes.
- Assisted in creating and implementing an interface between customers and distributors; reduced costs related to inventory problems by providing a solution that solved customer problems.
- Developed a means for customers to ask questions online, which ultimately translated into the company saving $6 million in lost revenue.
- Increased customer satisfaction by creating a web-based application for customers to complete forms online, consequently reducing the need for customer assistance calls from 60 calls per day down to 10 calls per day.
- Learned how to code using Dynamic HTML, CSS, and XML.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in developing new technologies to improve overall profitability.
- Researched software tools that could be applied to company policies and procedures.
- Developed new business applications that have become a great asset to the company.
- Best in class; consistently exceeded personal and company goals.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 6
- Achieved superior product development, sales, and marketing results.
- Recognized by product management team for outstanding software development work.
- Recognized by the CEO for exceeding the goals established in the company’s Software Development Plan.
- Received company’s annual sales award for exceeding goals established in annual software development plan; received recognition for exceeding goals set in 2010; recognized by the project manager for over achieving in 2011.
- Received recognition from the CEO in 2012 for achieving goals established in the 2012 Software Development Plan; received recognition from project manager (who assigned this project) for over achievement in 2013.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 7
- Directed the software development of ‘X’ for government agencies, military contractors, and multiple industries. Analyzed software components and identified needed changes.
- Oversaw the technology department in the acquisition of technology upgrades. Acquired new software licenses/upgrades totaling $270,000 during the year; reallocated funds within budget to cover the cost.
- Increased revenue by 8% by acquiring two new clients; established new contracts with existing clients; reviewed customer complaints; identified areas of concern; worked to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Managed a team of software developers in the new product development of ‘X’. Directed a team to develop a simulation prototype for a new product line.
- Managed a staff of ten individuals responsible for the development of ‘X’.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 8
- Initiated a development project from conception to completion. Designed a system to manage production, manage inventory, and track costs.
- Trained new employees in project management techniques for a successful launch.
- Resolved employee relations issues through effective communication skills and constructive problem-solving.
- Initiated a successful marketing campaign for the company’s product line via television, radio, newspapers, and magazines. Launched products within budget.
- Effectively managed large groups of people to reach set goals for each quarter of the year; maintained positive relationships with Directors from other Departments as well as CEO and COO of the corporation.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 9
- Created a daily reports program to monitor the status of all network-wide software development projects.
- Supervised a team of ten developers and successfully completed a project in which field technicians were able to perform inventory analysis on their laptops.
- Received outstanding achievement award for developing a process that identified and remediated performance issues affecting the performance of several mission-critical applications.
- Achieved recognition for scheduling and monitoring software release activities, including coordination with the marketing team, test analysis, technical writing, and user training.
- Achieved top performer award by satisfying specific software development metrics established by the management team.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 10
- Delivered a fully functional application with a graphical interface that successfully integrated with existing software into an enterprise-level application with a two-month deadline.
- Developed a cross-platform, multi-device user interface with native code compilation.
- Designed and implemented a digitally signed, encrypted email system to facilitate secure, reliable electronic communications among multiple subsidiaries.
- Developed an algorithm enabling dynamic tracking of enterprise software license utilization and automatically generating custom reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Built an accounting system utilizing Microsoft SQL Server that enabled third-party partner accounting groups to consolidate financial data from multiple corporate divisions into one centralized database.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 11
- Developed and implemented a customer management system that is currently being utilized by 15,000+ customers worldwide.
- Launched a new product marketing program that has been enhancing the value of my company’s software product line.
- Managed a team of 35 developers to successfully launch a major upgrade to our flagship product which enhanced revenue opportunities for existing clients and attracted new clients.
- Negotiated a valuable partnership deal with another software company allowing my company to leverage valuable resources and resources for mutual benefit.
- Achieved an increase in software license revenue of over 43% year-over-year based on joint development efforts with partner noted above.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 12
- Led a team of five developers to develop new software for billing and other functions that were outdated.
- Directed the work of twenty other software developers to create an updated system that was better than other companies’ current programs.
- Oversaw the development of newly designed spreadsheets, databases, and productivity applications that were ahead of their time.
- Helped maintain long-term strategic partnerships with vendors by putting out fires, offering solid ideas for improving the company’s infrastructure.
- Established a treasury management program that was previously lacking.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 13
- Maintained product builds and implemented new features to keep the latest release on schedule.
- Effectively raised concerns for software development problems or bugs.
- Handled complex code changes to deal with minor bugs and suggested improvements.
- Participated in project review with outside consultants and developers to ensure robustness and functionality of new feature sets and application redesigns.
- Responded to customer and management issues that affected the deployment of new products.
Director of Software Development Resume Sample 14
- Launched a new online search engine; implemented technology designed to improve customer satisfaction.
- Established protocol for implementing security procedures; oversaw the design of password security features.
- Effectively handled programming teams to ensure projects met client service expectations.
- Designed a new system for the analysis of stock investments; recognized as an industry authority on software development.
- Chaired meetings between upper management and staff programmers to evaluate current output and set objectives for future results.
To become a Director of Software Development, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, in addition to years of experience. A Director of Software Development must be analytical, must be an expert with computers, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent leadership skills, must be detail-oriented, must keep current with technological trends, and must have excellent time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Director Of Software Development Resume Samples
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 1
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 2
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 3
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 4
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 5
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 6
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 7
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 8
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 9
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 10
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 11
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 12
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 13
- Director of Software Development Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up