A Shift Supervisor manages and directs employees during a specific shift. They also handle all-cash transactions, such as check cashing and operating the cash register. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, along with excellent customer service skills and previous supervisory experience.
The Best Shift Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Shift Supervisor resumes for your reference.
- Promoted after 18 months of consistent and superior performance.
- Managed three shifts and 60 employees to ensure optimum customer service while maximizing fast-food profits.
- Achieved top company ratings in accountability, attendance, counter speed, customer satisfaction, product quality, reliable delivery time frame, sanitation standards, store appearance/customer retention, teamwork/work ethics.
- Advocated for employees during the stressful demands of the highly regulated industry by promoting programs that emphasize education and personal development opportunities.
- Hired most productive employee through work identification program; praised for success by corporate supervisors.
- Managed over 50 employees in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Provided leadership and guidance to staff
- Empowered my team to make decisions during critical events by developing their problem-solving skills, leading them through training,
- Received employee of the month for my open communication style with both staff and management.
- Trained new hires quickly by being able to find creative solutions based on individual needs.
- Increased productivity by 22% via suggestions that were implemented into work operations resulting in saving the company $7000 monthly. Adjusted scheduling conflicts before they arose so each employee had equal opportunity for full-time hours.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership by overseeing the distribution and supervision of over fifty employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Recognized for developing and motivating staff members during peak periods by providing training seminars on effective management techniques, such as safety guidelines and customer service skills.
- Trained new staff to increase department’s productivity by 25%.
- Overcame obstacles to implement process changes that streamlined workflow to 5% increased efficiency.
- Acquired knowledge of inventory control procedures developed through hands-on experience across multiples divisions within the company.
- Effectively led our team to the highest sales ever in our history; recognized by Senior Vice President of Sales.
- Initiated a new process for communicating sales information, increasing customer service levels.
- Brought on-board, trained, and motivated three new employees resulting in improved profit margins.
- Coordinated training sessions with Corporate Office during important campaigns; delivered outstanding results.
- Nominated for Supervisor of the Year; maintained top-level quality performance for more than two years.
- Hired in 1998, promoted to Supervisor in 2003; held the position for five years.
- Oversaw cashier employees when cash reserves were less than $100. Kept track of daily transactions and cashed out-the-door count at the end of each shift. Took inventory of all supplies in the storage room and replenished as needed.
- Monitored that all food products were properly prepared, packaged, labeled, dated, and rotated according to organizational guidelines developed by USDA inspectors. Trained new employees on proper handwashing techniques before touching any food product.
- Recognized employee for years of service award after ten years with the company.
- Planned activities so all departments had equal coverage and were adequately staffed to keep up with customer demand.
- Anticipated customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
- Delivered legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Followed all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by the shift team.
- Performed regular foot patrols of the entire building looking for anything suspicious and made sure mechanical rooms did not have any fire hazards.
- Inspected building for security breaches, respond to emergencies, and monitored the closed circuit TV system.
- Respond to radio calls or alarms involving crimes and safety violations within the buildings.
- Prepared accurate and concise reports and ensuring reports are accurate and concise.
- Trained several associates to become cashiers, photo specialists, shift leaders, and assistants.
- Organized and improved report binders for inventory activity, loss prevention, the customer.
- Created the weekly schedule based on hourly budget, forecasted sales, and workflow.
- Conducted interviews and assisted in the Onboarding process.
- Addressed customer inquires resolved complaints to assure customer satisfaction.
- Cataloged and scheduled daily deliveries to anticipate customer sales.
- Perform custodial duties while using proper protective equipment.
- Certified trainer having trained 70 people since getting the certification in 2010 with a retention rate of 95% staying a minimum of 1 year.
- Manage the entire team back of the house to ensure high-quality food items are always delivered affecting.
- Provide accurately and effectively calculated production calls based on the flow of the day while providing.
- Shift Supervisor
- Handled inventory control, customer service, balance drawer, and place orders for inventory.
- Directed employee development and performance reviews; managed labor costs through scheduling.
- Increased sales with excellent customer service levels and developed good relationships with regular customers.
- Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vehicles, trucks, and visitors.
- Documented reports on property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, and unusual.
- To take the duties of the store manager when the store manager isn’t around.
- Interact with customers to ensure that they get the products they need and that their visit is a great one.
- Ensuring a safe work environment by complying with OSHA standards.
- Set daily goals for team members to reach in sales and customer interaction.
- Analyze and forecast sales. Attend weekly store conference call with the district manager.
- Help customers with merchandise selections, online services, and registration inquiries.
- Assign employees to specific duties, supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing services for customers.
- Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
- Average cashing 35 paychecks a day totaling about $27,000 cash flow.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
- Communicate information to the manager so that the team can respond as necessary.
- Assist with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Provide friendly and expedient customer service to customers in a high-volume environment.
- As a supervisor, provide redirecting and reinforcing feedback for employees.
- Craft espresso beverages promptly while assuring the quality of the drink.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.