A Housing Counselor helps people chose the right house or apartment to fit their budget and lifestyle. Their duties include explaining credit scores, setting up budgets, calculating mortgage payments, staying up-to-date with market trends, conducting counseling classes, providing one-on-one counseling, and conducting homebuyer training programs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Housing Counselor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Housing Counselor resumes for your reference.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 1
- Managed a book of business consisting of 100+ customers, including clients from all 50 states and Canada.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction levels through email marketing strategies, building online rapport through social media marketing efforts, and increasing sales by telephone communication management.
- Developed new sales techniques to help customers find affordable housing as well as maintain high standards for professionalism throughout telecommunication interactions.
- Promoted to Lead Counselor after six months; oversaw the retention of over 200 active customers with a contingent staff of 10 subordinates.
- Created original website design that increased search engine optimization capabilities and lead conversion rates by 300% for one year straight after launch date.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 2
- Assisted and encouraged clients to make informed decisions about home ownership; instructed presentation of financial, tax, and insurance information.
- Prepared appealing final documentation for contracts; interacted with loan officers, mortgage brokers, county recorder’s office, title companies, and realtors in order to complete transaction.
- Obtained outstanding appraisal value by evaluating property improvements; located business properties for sale through newspapers and phonebook advertisements.
- Honed interpersonal skills while maintaining professionalism when resolving conflicts between homeowners and renters in a rental complex.
- Provided peace-of-mind negotiation skills in a foreclosure prevention program for depressed homeowners.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 3
- Counseled and assisted homeless individuals, families, and disabled to find housing solutions in accordance with government assistance programs.
- Enhanced agency services by implementing innovative collection methods for delinquent rent, retrieving security deposits from former tenants, and maintaining occupancy rates above 90%.
- Advised low to moderate income applicants on affordable housing developments; maintained a waitlist of 140+ households.
- Partnered with the city council to amend the housing code to accommodate single parents who seek shelter or shared custody arrangements; increased funding resources by $9000 per year.
- Re-organized and implemented an interdepartmental Code Enforcement program; mobilized community volunteers to construct eight transitional homes in six months without any budget increase.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 4
- Successfully closed seven home loans within a period of one month.
- Informed clients on all rights, powers, and duties granted to them by the State of Arizona Housing Department.
- Recognized by management for excellent sales performance; attained several awards for exceeding sales quotas.
- Achieved award for improving housing counseling process; applied company work procedures more efficiently resulting in increased productivity.
- Presented various workshops to fellow employees on industry trends and developments; willing to cooperate with coworkers on solving any problems or issues they may face at work.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 5
- Advised families on maintaining the heating systems in the homes they purchased from my company.
- Answered a total of 147 phone calls and conducted 43 walk-through’s for prospective home buyers.
- Helped first time homebuyers understand how to budget their finances, reduce debt, and improve credit scores.
- Provided education regarding predatory lending practices and evictions during workshops sponsored by HUD and the city housing authority.
- Created a fun atmosphere for clients as they prepared to purchase new homes with positive energy therapy techniques.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 6
- Determined worth of residential homes for clients in a non-biased manner.
- Reflected the integrity and reliability in the real estate industry because I followed through with my commitments to all customers.
- Fulfilled requests from customers without waiver, including activities such as door-to-door sales calls during evenings and weekends, to personally ascertain information about residences.
- Secured contracts between Real Estate Agents and their clients by providing professional customer services.
- Managed express mail correspondence between Real Estate Agencies and their customers worldwide.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 7
- Assisted clients in applying for federal, state, and local housing assistance programs.
- Reestablished confidence during the home buying process by guiding through tough economic times; recognized by manager as an outstanding team player.
- Recruited prospective homeowners who would not have qualified for low-interest loans if they had not received assistance from the bank.
- Eased anxiety of first time home owners with comprehensive pre-purchase counseling; cultivated life-long customer service relationsh…ips. Recognized by company as one of its leaders in meeting monthly quotas for loan originations.
- Achieved highest numerical rating among bank counselors on annual performance review; used innovative methods to mentor counselors in organization-wide goals.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 8
- Assessed families’ needs, financial conditions, and abilities to successfully afford housing.
- Met with clients to discuss their credit scores, background checks, rental history, current debts, landlord references, child support payments, utility costs…
- Communicated negative findings in a positive manner; worked with them to create realistic budgets and repayment plans.
- Trained over 40 staff members on filing procedures and process of draft letters for screening purposes.
- Reviewed files for accuracy of information input before forwarding them to management for review.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 9
- Assisted applicants to fulfill qualification requirements for government-sponsored housing.
- Confirmed eligibility of applicants; ensured program regulations were followed during the application process.
- Covered an area located in a highly populated, inner city district; processed more than 200 applications annually.
- Trained applicant peer counselors to achieve equal or better results during annual achievement award ceremony; recognized by peers as role model and mentor with highest attendance at training sessions.
- Served as committee chairperson responsible for expediting processing of over 1000 applications into subsidized housing that year; recognized by peers as ultimate authority on local, state, and federal guidelines regarding low-income housing programs.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 10
- Provided unmatched customer service to the public, while remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Pioneered property preservation efforts for over 100 families fighting against foreclosure.
- Recovered $46,000 in past-due rent payments from individuals using various targeting methods.
- Worked as a liaison between local businesses, the community, and government organizations; garnered widespread support from private investors resulting in $500k mortgage loan package.
- Collaborated with numerous agencies during 300 home visits to maintain safety and security of low-income families and individuals.
Housing Counselor Resume Sample 11
- Counseled homeless families moving out of tent encampments and into their own homes.
- Provided low-income housing specialist training for case managers, helping them to support their clients in becoming financially sustainable.
- Advised landlords on property management techniques and laws regarding leasing requirements regarding disabled tenants.
- Developed a self-efficacy program for single mothers by teaching skills related to home buying and consumer rights and responsibilities.
- Trained participants in predatory lending practices and abusive foreclosure schemes in order to help them save their homes from harassment or repossession.
A housing counselor must have a minimum of a high school degree, but many employers require certification which requires a bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3 years of experience. A housing counselor must demonstrate these skills: excellent verbal and written communication, patience, computer proficiency, customer service, auditing, organization, management, and math skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.