Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Specialists are responsible for coordinating and performing inspections of various facilities for compliance with environmental health and safety regulations. Their duties include inspecting drinking water systems, landfills, underground storage tanks and hazardous materials transfer facilities, scheduling inspections, identifying problem areas, recommending solutions and communicating safety results to the workforce.
To work as an Environmental Health Specialist you’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree in safety engineering or a related field, and relevant experience. Environmental Health Specialists must demonstrate basic mathematics and computer skills, clear communication, responsibility, teamwork, leadership, problem-solving and in-depth knowledge of safety regulations to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best EHS Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real EHS Specialist resumes for your reference.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Researched, identified, and recommended environmental regulations to various facility departments in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conducted remediation of methane gas at landfills in accordance with OSHA, EPA, DNR regulations. Designed technical reports for management teams upon completion of projects.
- Improved safety procedures by developing environmental work permits governing activities involving hazardous materials; reduced health insurance costs by 18%.
- Created new program involving biological monitoring and medical examinations of workers exposed to solvents/chemicals; documented results on spreadsheets and in databases.
- Played a key role in responding immediately and effectively following the detection of six chemical emergencies (three fatalities) via alarm system and other sources.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Conducted 12 out of 23 assigned tests for 681 equipment types, 1,805 pieces of equipment, and 1,293 test plans in accordance with the QA plan.
- Streamlined quality assurance process by developing a software tool to import and export data related to site identification and information into the EHS Project database.
- Scanned over 300 files into an electronic filing system; established compliance with records management policy and prepared documentation for review.
- Assessed personal computer for EHS Office compliance; installed necessary software updates and patches. Developed procedures to ensure security measure were in place on mobile devices. Conducted initial meetings with new hires on best practices when using electronic media.
- Responded to over 250 customer requests; reached resolution within established timeframes. Reduced backlog of work orders by over 50% in one year. Maintained and updated QA plan accordingly.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Liaison between engineering, operations, and environmental health and safety.
- Coordinate activities to protect environment during construction projects.
- Developed training modules for green technology tools & resources, led the green team in waste reduction efforts by 75%, recycling 50% of total waste.
- Delivered customer satisfaction by maintaining open communication with customers through all phases of project life cycle.
- Identified potential revenue streams between new product development and asset management capabilities within the company’s EHS software packages.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Collaborated with team to develop the control strategy for the design, construction, and operational management of a $4 billion mining operation.
- Identified opportunities to successfully convert business requirements into EHS requirements during new software implementation project.
- Prevented an oil leak by developing an effective workflow process that significantly decreased the time required to analyze pipeline inspection data.
- Received three awards for exemplary customer service; effectively assisted customers in resolving issues within one day after receiving requests for support.
- Created new knowledge about program management by conducting research on the development of organizational learning practices at self-managed work teams (SMWTs).
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Designed a software application in C# to track and control hazardous material usage in an oil refinery.
- Developed multiple pieces of software, from the ground up, including database creation for tracking all hazardous material usage in a refinery.
- Managed EHS Guidebook project for four major refineries, resulting in standardization across 32 refineries worth $10 billion combined.
- Improved environmental training procedures at six refineries by developing online process safety management system .
- Jointly developed new equipment training program with operators, designed to give training on the safe startup and shutdown of new equipment without shutting down the entire refining process.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Provided leadership in all aspects of EMA operations to meet or exceed EMA compliance requirements.
- Initiated the hazardous waste (RCRA) permit process for two new facilities including site characterization, release notification, RCRA container manifesting, and follow-up inspections until issuance of the final permits.
- Introduced several waste reduction initiatives resulting in reduced hazardous waste quantities, less off-site shipments, increased recycling, reduced chemical inventory levels (CILs), and decreased cost per pound of hazardous wastes disposed.
- Was instrumental in the development and successful implementation of an employee training program for Hazardous Materials Handling Practices; resulted in comprehensive hazard communication program to comply with WPS/TDG Regulations.
- Identified a key hazard and omission in the facility’s health, safety, and environmental management system; brought to EHS management attention, which was instrumental in the company’s ISO 14001 registration.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Collected, analyzed and presented safety information to management and employees during several plant inspections.
- Wrote EHS training modules for new hires to increase workplace readiness and safety records.
- Led an emergency preparedness team that supported the company’s environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Utilized GE Epiphany software suite this year to coordinate compliance reporting from around the world in a short timeframe.
- Received a “Spotlight Award” for utilizing all of the company’s processes including risk management, fire protection program management, chemical inventory management within one week of becoming a temporary supervisor after a high-level manager was injured on the job
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Implemented new EHS policy ensuring compliance with OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Oversaw and conducted Health Hazard Evaluations (HHE) and Environmental Site Assessments (ESA).
- Designed and implemented a new software system to manage environment, health, safety, and hazardous waste. Documented performance criteria in the form of standard operating procedures for use by other team members.
- Prepared an audit report for Leadership that identified areas where documentation and communication were needed to improve operations.
- Provided leadership with support in resolving issues related to compliance standards such as CQI, EMSC, GHS/GDP implementation, record keeping requirements & storage.
EHS Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Analyzed electronic media from multiple sources for EHS compliance including a single document with 1.2 million pages consisting of Texas Department of Transportation reports and manuals, along with hundreds of online forums.
- Revise database to handle new formats under automated EHS system deployment within the department.
- Developed content management workflow to track changes, revisions, and updates for over 100 documents in multiple languages; effectively collaborated across departments during process.
- Edited and proofread public safety inspection reports following National Incident Management System (NIMS) guidelines; earned certification as FEMA level 3 inspector in NIMS terminology and documentation.
- Managed revision control structure utilizing Microsoft Visual Source Safe in accordance with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Process Improvement Framework.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best EHS Specialist Resume Samples
- Wrap Up