Art Assistants provide a range of support to the artist they are helping. Depending on the artist, assistants’ work may include managing on-time production, tidying the work space, working with a team to create and collect project art, setting up equipment in the artist’s studio, managing inventory, and running errands.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Art Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Art Assistant resumes for your reference.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Aided in the completion of over 40 exhibitions with documentation, installation, and inventory.
- Helped organize, maintain, and protect art collections through record keeping and storage methods. Supervised special projects for classes such as “Tourism in Banana-Cultivating Regions.”
- Articulated specific ideas related to paintings by applying color to small squares on paper under the instruction of a master artist.
- Assisted international newspaper editor and art critic with publishing articles about the Spanish Master – Pablo Picasso during eight months spent at his historic home/studio.
- Authored newsletter articles for an online arts organization; created custom clip art images which were published monthly via email blasts.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Displayed talent through creative leanings towards painting, drawing, and sketching.
- Dictated orders to artists; took action regarding paper stock (inkjet or bond), layout (centered or off-center) and color (solid or metallic).
- Teamed with designers on projects; created logo designs for clientele company’s package designs, display ads, invitations, business cards, and letterheads. Increased sales by 10% as a result of my design work.
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; expedited orders with efficiency making up for others’ lack of organization.
- Managed day-today activities of the art department; improved workflow and raised productivity while maintaining high standards.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Art directed background and foreground artwork for a children’s book
- Assisted an animator in the preparation of models and other materials for computer animation rendering
- Developed drawings and concept art to promote the sale of original paintings to collectors
- Collaborated with production designer on set-decorating, lighting, and wardrobe choices to capture the look and feel established by storyboard and scripting
- Conceptualized new methodologies and techniques that allowed artists to work faster while still maintaining high quality standards.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Participated in the preparation, display, and promotion of space at art galleries for artists.
- Created 3D designs that captured the essence of ideas for installation projects with full use of resources.
- Partnered with curators to gather necessary supplies and materials for installations; facilitated work efforts between staff members during exhibitions.
- Instigated creative dialogue among museum patrons by creating invitations to participate in gallery programming; inspired continued interest in both artwork and theme months.
- Introduced new initiatives to exhibit artworks on loan after producing documentation needed for insurance purposes. Contributed to exhibition design through development of floor plans and drawings used as guides during installation process.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Assisted artists in all aspects of their work, including installation and de-installation of art shows.
- Created artwork inspired by new technologies such as digital cameras, Photoshop, and 3D animation programs.
- Managed and organized artist’s studio for four months, increasing productivity and organization level by 25%.
- Ordered supplies for artists using online catalog systems to efficiently track budgets and purchases.
- Posted designs on the company website garnering over 10 million hits within 14 days; received a congratulatory letter from the CEO for marketing efforts.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Aided in the execution of large-scale public art projects on a municipal, national, and international scale through the use of advanced technology.
- Collaborated with creative teams to provide high quality art by crafting molded foam sheets into complex shapes, designed for casting concrete.
- Devised strategies to overcome obstacles while coordinating installation of site-specific artwork by overseeing coordination with City officials and contractors.
- Envisioned new possibilities for public art installations through concept development, compelling design strategies, financial feasibility models, and physical models that communicated potentials to public audiences.
- Pioneered new frontiers for artistic expression using innovative fabrication techniques coupled with digital media applications.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Prepared exhibits and spearheaded events for the Museum of Art’s 22nd Annual International Photography Show.
- Collaborated to create a short film featuring six local painters and sculptors by interviewing and filming them during their creative processes.
- Promoted and monitored the activities of three online social networking sites to attract new artist members, subscribers, and users.
- Assisted art historian in researching, writing, proofreading, designing brochures, websites, fliers, catalogs; preparing presentations to promote exhibitions as well as accompanying curator as representative at international conferences.
- Introduced two online video tutorials regarding digital artwork; increased views by 300%.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Assisted in planning art gallery exhibits for local, state, and national venues.
- Provided administrative support to the President of the Art Association by maintaining records, preparing reports, managing membership data base, answering correspondence.
- Developed inventory system for paper stock with six color separations in-house at print shop; contributed to the efficient tracking of the materials. Worked with customers on their needs and researched possible solutions using GIS & Google Earth.
- Wrote promotional material including press releases, feature articles about exhibitions in local newspapers, postcards for exhibiting artists.
- Created extensive collection of works documenting performance art pieces throughout five years’ time period; recorded videos of the performances, wrote reviews for online blog publication.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Art directed, designed, and managed the publication of a 200-page children’s book with elaborate ads.
- Collaborated on presentations for gallery openings at national fine art shows.
- Developed original marketing materials for special events including invitations, posters, programs, coupons, maps/directions, banners, etc.
- Ordered art supplies and maintained inventory records. Serviced ads placed in national publication for an online auction site.
- Wrote press releases to enhance public relations effort. Contributed to blog posts that contributed to an increase in bidder registrations by 10%. Improved online daily sales revenue by 500%.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assisted president and CEO with creative problem solving including layout, design, and art preparation for articles.
- Collaborated on detailed information system creation to drive business performance; responsible for online presence of all company products.
- Designed award-winning large-scale artwork for installation in churches; creates public awareness promoting Christian values using the power of arts.
- Developed an interior concept plan representing creativity, charm, warmth, and comfort for four major restaurants.
- Planned and coordinated events before opening day that led to smooth startup operations upon first day of operation including seating arrangements, product placement, decorating, etc.
Art Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Assisted in organization of art events that drew in over 4000 guests per year.
- Oversaw publishing contracts with artists, writers, and designers; fostered business relationships with clients.
- Communicated effectively to ensure all deadlines were met; served as the liaison between clients and management.
- Evaluated potentials for new artwork while scouting on-location for unique pieces.
- Led efforts to recuperate costs at gallery showings by developing pricing plans for sold artwork. Received credit from director of operations for outstanding performance in increasing revenue by 80%.
To be an Art Assistant, you must have a portfolio and a few years’ experience and may need a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design. You may need to have appropriate terminology and art history, organization, teamwork, self-motivation, attention to detail, adaptability to a fast-paced environment, skill with various fine arts or woodworking equipment, and fluency with Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Gmail Suite.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Art Assistant Resume Samples
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Art Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up