Financial Analysts are responsible for maintaining financial records. Duties include monitoring current market trends, preparing monthly forecasts on potential risks and returns, creating reports for management, and recommending investments. The top skills for this position are finance, accounting, business analysis, problem-solving, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), and reading comprehension. A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration is required for this position, but some employers prefer candidates with experience.
The Best Financial Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Provided financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports.
- Analyzed financial documents, statistical data, historical data and presented and interprets for management.
- Created pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources, modified pivot tables, sorted items, and group data.
- Developed quarterly reports on the major competitors in the industry and current industry trends.
- Recognized by management for exceptional performance and outstanding customer service.
- Prepared and analyzed P&Ls to help drive business decisions with both brick and mortar and e-commerce retail partners.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify opportunities with B2C and B2B businesses, performed hindsight analysis to track the success of initiatives, and measured results vs. expectations.
- Performed COGS/Inventory analysis to identify low velocity (excess/obsolete) inventory, collaborated with Sales/Marketing on an inventory liquidation strategy to reduce inventory value on ledger significantly and improve inventory turnover.
- Developed financial models and tools using Excel to better analyze sales trends and improve internal financial reporting.
- Accomplished and presented results of detailed analysis of the financial status of an organization.
- Identifies problem accounts with payers; investigates and corrects errors, follows up on missing account information, and gathers useful & necessary data to resolves past-due accounts.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Answer inquiries by phone regarding past-due accounts and insurance guidelines; research incorrect addresses for past-due accounts.
- Participated in a project team that determined the level of risk for a potential financial crisis at the organization.
- Recognized by management for outstanding performance and results; participated in a group meeting which led to an order increase.
- Power-user in excel using pivot tables and functions such as Lookups, Match, Index, Search, and Conditional Functions such as Sumifs, Counties, etc.
- Responsible for financial data analysis, forecasting, sales, and financial reporting.
- Responsible for delivering accurate weekly and monthly business metrics to senior executives.
- Cross-regional and cross-functional collaboration with sales, finance, accounting, operations, IT, marketing, and analytics.
- Recognized by management for exceptional performance; participated in quarterly and annual budget presentations to upper management.
- Performing analysis and developing processes that help teams deliver impact marketing forecasts and high-quality customer support.
- Focusing on Trust, Real Estate, Life Insurance, Health Insurance products, introducing international clients to a broad range of investment management opportunities in the US.
- Developing key business insights, performing analyst in Industrial Investment, taking charge of business planning and marketing research, and synthesizing findings to develop concrete recommendations and go-forward plans.
- Performed analysis for top-tier investment firms and presented recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Collaborated with other departments, and exceeded goals with respect to monthly sales, bank account balances, and profit forecasts.
- Perform financial modeling and analysis for various fund projects in New Orleans including a 250Million hospital bond and a firefighter pension fund, prepare presentation material to clients and rating agencies.
- Analyze tech companies in VR, AR, and Robotic Police areas, performed financial valuations, and assisted senior bankers with research on potential acquisitions and fundraising processes.
- Conduct market research on macroeconomics changes in China’s market and its impact on tech companies in the United States.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced financial functions like ratios, discounted cash flow, asset valuations, and valuing intangible assets.
- Implemented staff training techniques that helped their department surpass multiple goals in less than six months after implementation.
- Developed financial processes for the newly commenced scientific research-based project.
- Worked with the project director in preparing a year-to-year budget for the 5-year project.
- Developed and executed the procurement process for the purchase of research equipment.
- Developed a collaborative work environment by empowering employees and encouraging personal growth in line with organizational objectives.
- Interpreting and analyzing investment options for retirement, college education, and short-term/long-term cash flow needs.
- Improved fleet and network planning efficiency by 15% and effectiveness by constructing a key financial model that incorporated industry fleet, hanger plans, labor forecasting with annual expenses over $3.5B; delivered presentations to directors and executives of FP&A.
- Won internal FP&A intern case competition by recommending new policies on the pricing structure of bag fees and shipping boxes to increase both revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Improved forecast accuracy via financial analysis of key drivers of expense.
- Led fact-finding project to identify linkages in capital expenditures to improve operational efficiency.
- Secured, detailed, and documented all data captured in financial reports and spreadsheets.
- Selected to participate with a team of 5 in an offsite corporate research project.
- Used financial databases such as Capital IQ, Bloomberg, and Compustat to analyze stock buyback, debt buyback, and dividend trends of Russell 2000 companies, in order to identify potential investment opportunities on small companies.
- Prepared and presented summary finding report for senior-level corporate finance professionals at Cozad.
- Designed new systems to handle growth in function data.
- Collaborated with the Senior Analyst to ensure accurate information was compiled in wide-ranging databases.
- Engaged in a wide variety of activities relating to all aspects of the General Ledger function, accounting processes, and staff initial contact for general inquiries.
- Manage month-end closing cycle, perform GL consolidation processes, intercompany eliminations, and analysis.
- Leverage broad knowledge and expertise to review and analyze 500+ accounts to ensure completeness, accuracy, and proper balance sheet and income statement presentation; sign off on certification of assigned accounts.
- Present investigative findings (orally and in writing) to management, and other constituents in an organized, concise, and timely fashion.
- Worked closely together with a team of interns and assistants to ensure proper completion of all requests.
- Analyze financial activities using Excel modeling (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Oracle Essbase, etc) including the monthly close process, balance sheet account valuations, and expense forecasting to 8 divisions nationally.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic budget allocation plan for the Brand Marketing department to effectively manage an annual operating fund of $13,500,000.
- Create a flowchart guideline to illustrate the interactions between multiple internal Enterprise Resource Planning systems (Ariba, JD Edwards, etc), streamlining the integration process of the company amidst one of the biggest telecommunication mergers in history.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports to corporate sales, operations, and finance management.
- Excelled in identifying and developing the best possible solutions for clients’ specific needs.
- Predicted the company’s growth rate by preparing monthly financial forecasts used in annual budgeting.
- Provided transactional support on senior managed transactions with compliance, underwriting, and clients.
- Developed a 3-step verification process for verification thereby reducing daily wrongful posting by 60%.
- Reconciled payments and performed payment verification using a spreadsheet, reducing wrongful payments by 15%.
- Uniquely turned a concept into a profitable business by formulating, implementing, and maintaining client relationships.
How to Become a Successful Financial Analyst?
Most businesses will require some form of a financial degree, particularly in a finance field or business, especially in administration or accounting, though a degree in mathematics may work as well depending on the employer.
If a degree is not possible, you can also pursue an internship or try to find an entry-level position that is willing to hire without one, or perhaps see if certificate programs will offer the desired skills for you to be hired.
Immediately upon being hired you will typically be put on a team of other entry-level employers and you will report to a senior employee who will train you and to whom you will report and take your tasks from.
After gaining enough experience of your own, you will typically be placed in a manager role and be in charge of incoming hires. From this role, you can work on your leadership skills to assist you with further advancement.
With the experience you gain from working over the years you can specialize in certain types of products or businesses, and you will be in charge of more people as you ride in the ranks so keeping your leadership skills growing is a must.
A corporate financial analyst tracks trends in a company’s purchases and expenses as compared to their profits to try and predict what may happen in the future. With their data, managers can make more educated decisions about the company and worry less that they are timing their decision wrong or risking losing money.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.