Wedding Consultants assist the bride and groom to plan every detail of a wedding. Their duties include negotiating vendor contracts, ensuring that wedding-day activities run smoothly, ensuring wedding programs and place cards are printed on time, scheduling meetings with clients, conducting initial consultations with clients, arranging for necessary wedding supplies, and conferring with clients to discuss wedding details.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Wedding Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Wedding Consultant resumes for your reference.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Built a reputation for excellence as an in-home wedding consultant by coordinating and planning out of state weddings for each year’s season.
- Negotiated with over 250 local vendors and suppliers to establish mutually beneficial relationships.
- Trained top wedding coordinators, including those who at times were not aware of how to accomplish tasks related to wedding planning due to lack of education.
- Planned and directed unique weddings in exotic locations such as Pacific Ocean, beaches, lakes, local parks, and internationally-known multi-cultural countries.
- Was known as a go-to person by brides who relied on her recommendations prior to their search for a wedding coordinator.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Respected a popular Mid-Atlantic wedding planner’s work and improved it by assisting in the preparation of new wedding layouts, response to client feedback, and recommendations for future clients.
- Produced over 100 wedding programs for high-end, custom made invitations.
- Facilitated the smooth flow of important business and personal affairs among bridesmaids, groomsmen, and family members during pre-wedding planning.
- Employed 20 years of expertise in live entertainment venues; created one-of-a-kind events such as bachelorette parties, cocktail parties, and celebrity appearances.
- Extensively developed and utilized referrals; increased the number of clients, weddings, and profits by 10%.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Observed strong leadership potential; allocated and directed resources in a dynamic manner.
- Collaborated with a seasoned vendor to create special beauty packages for brides.
- Forged relationships with international vendors by leveraging my artistic skills and knowledge of color palettes and op-art designs.
- Planned, coordinated, and executed the event of a lifetime; produced an unprecedented wedding experience featuring elements of surprise, artistry, elegance, and rustic simplicity.
- Recognized as the “Most Talented Wedding Consultant” at The Luxury Awards. Received scholarship for $10,000 toward college education.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Strategically paired, designed, and orchestrated wedding gowns, flowers, and décor with emphasis on the bride’s personal style.
- Founded bridal boutique to provide custom-designed and winter clearance wedding gowns at an affordable price.
- Designed Bridal Wear College educational courses to instruct others in operating a profitable business.
- Trained employees, created marketing plans to effectively promote products available at the shop and online.
- Recognized for being innovative, creative, tactical thinker who always meets deadlines and exceeds expectations.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Organized and directed newlyweds in their first look, first try dress selection.
- Facilitated bridal parties and observers in selecting appropriate jewelry, accessories, makeup; provided tips for choosing wedding attire.
- Oversaw event budget ($5,000) to guarantee program completion within time frame.
- Homemade wedding cake (red velvet) baked by bride and groom; designated to serve as another wedding centerpiece with rose petals.
- Satisfied couple with their final wedding choice on a day they felt the most beautiful of their lives.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Compiled extensive experience, knowledge, and recommendations from thousands of events to help clients create, plan, and execute flawless wedding ceremonies.
- Made over 700 wedding gowns for over 600 brides in a five-year period, with an 80% success rate.
- Created custom made floral arrangements for nearly 300 weddings.
- Helped brides select their gowns and tuxedos on multiple occasions; ensured brides were happy with their accessories during wedding parties.
- Built successful relationships with a number of prominent New York’s best dress designers to secure dresses and accessories valued in the thousands of dollars.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Suggested bridal gown designs to meet the desires of over 100 brides.
- Coordinated over 1000 appointments and solved over 300 customer problems while working with a group of 6 staff members in an 18-month period.
- Composed, edited, printed, and mailed 300 Bridal Show fliers in one evening to successfully meet deadlines for the Spring Bridal Show.
- Attained the highest commission with a $0.97 average sale while assisting users with the purchase of wedding apparel and accessories during 3 years as Guest Services Representative at a large department store.
- Performed as the main coordinator of a $50,000 wedding merchandise collection.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Helping to organize an intimate and family oriented event with over 100 guests was a daunting task, but my “professional” staff provided the required assistance.
- Promoted and directed the placement of fashion and beauty professionals to integrate into the wedding day-of schedule of events.
- Assisted in planning bridal trousseau, dress search, invitation design, seating charts, reception dinner and table selection, photo shoot locations, party music selection, and favors.
- Estimated budget in order to determine appropriate and needed wedding flowers, favors, cake, and decorations.
- Created copy that integrated all of the clothing, beauty, and flower details in order to create a wedding package to be delivered to the client.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Gave advice and suggestions on an occasion that was positively portrayed in major national magazines, press releases, and wedding websites.
- Handed over the reins as Head Technical Designer to sub-contractors, craftsmen, and suppliers to achieve a high standard of excellence.
- Received national recognition for designing and planning more than 200 weddings across 25 states.
- Established a network of suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials for over 200 bridesmaid dresses, bridesmaid gowns, flower girls’ dresses, mother of the bride dresses, tuxedos, accessories and prom dresses.
- Supported several social, health and educational causes through donations, auctions, and raffle prizes.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Designed and personalized wedding plans for every couple.
- Certified hair stylists, makeup artists, and manicures on a regular basis. Extended the services of reliable beauty professionals to each client to ensure effective results.
- Performed full bridal inspections with clients so they could make informed decisions.
- Provided a fun and entertaining atmosphere with music, games, and interactive displays at weddings.
- Gave first-rate service from the initial call to the final dance-on-the-dance-floor reception planned within budget and time constraints.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Spent 6 years in Bridalwear Sales and calculated, organized, and maintained sales figures.
- Planed, directed, and coordinated a multi-million dollar bridal show that closed in under 12 hours.
- Researched suppliers, locations, and required infrastructure to produce the best possible event.
- Listened carefully to customer needs and directed bridal trends in the industry with consultation through strategies of design for customers.
- Executed live show traffic flow, venue layout, lighting and sound design with precision timing to ensure smooth running of the event.
Wedding Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Exhibited a flair for the artistic, acting as a consultant to over 100 brides planning beach or country weddings while maintaining high sales volume.
- Planned and carried out over 25 weddings; managed projects including flower arrangements, wedding cake design, wine tasting tours and receptions.
- Kept services budget at a moderate minimum by offering bundled deals on fresh flowers and décor; followed-up with clients after the event to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Fostered interpersonal relationships; advised couples on gift registry etiquette for out of town guests.
- Successfully planned and executed weddings; introduced couples to each other, their families, and friends after the event.
To work as a Wedding Consultant you must complete a diploma program in wedding planning or complete a Certified Wedding Planner from AACWP. Wedding Consultants must demonstrate calm, budgeting, negotiating, communication, organization, resourceful, and knowledgeable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.