The head waiter is a restaurant’s dining room supervisor. Aside from performing regular server duties, head waiters manage other servers, train new servers, assign servers to tables, guide customers to open tables, place orders, and prep the restaurant for opening and closing.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Head Waiter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Head Waiter resumes for your reference.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 1
- No Complaints Received: For the month of May, received an average score of ten out of ten on customer satisfaction surveys regarding the quality of service rendered and food preparation.
- Attributed to a reduction in labor costs associated with bad checks and credit card charge-backs; saved the company $100 per month by decreasing loss in revenue.
- Ranked highest in customer satisfaction for waiters; ranked number one three months in a row for receiving compliments for excellent service and food.
- From July until September, only had two minor complaints from customers that were satisfied by offering a complementary meal or beverage.
- Decided to take a month off to attend and teach cooking classes, where I received an average score of twelve out of twelve on customer satisfaction surveys.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 2
- Handled customer service and cash transactions accurately and efficiently; never had an error.
- Achieved 5% increase in sales during my first month, due to effective customer relations.
- Displayed extraordinary compassion while working long hours during a medical emergency; made the patient and family feel welcome, calm, and relaxed.
- Maintained composure at all times when angry customers caused me to become discouraged; remained professional with all responses.
- Recognized by upper management for inspiring a high level of guest satisfaction and restaurant sales; contribute the success to my leadership and motivational skills.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 3
- Enriched the dining experience for patrons by attending to every detail of a patron’s meal; in doing so, established a reputation for superior service.
- Performed multiple duties as head waiter, including assisting with cooking, cleaning and maintenance, and room service.
- Engaged buxom waitresses as personal companions and kissed them good-bye each night.
- Polished wine glasses while searching out the best wines on the market.
- Gained acumen from experience as a dishwasher and in training students in customer service.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 4
- Met and provided service to over 10,000 patrons at the company’s premier restaurant.
- Managed a staff of 30+ employees to ensure that service and quality were gracefully met.
- Selected as a staff member of the year by peers and managers because of professional attitude, leadership, and ability to implement new ideas.
- Implemented new procedures that resulted in more efficient food preparation while reducing staff turnover, thus increasing revenue.
- Identified ways to educate waiters on proper food handling procedures that reduced occurrences of food-borne illnesses by 20%.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 5
- Recognized by peers and management for exceptionally fast, accurate service of food and beverage orders.
- Consistently recognized by management for exceptional service, resulting in a promotion from Porter to Waiter.
- Named Head Waiter at the Golden Eagle Restaurant after consistent recognition for excellent customer service.
- Consistently ranked among the top five Head Waiters in performance scores for the cost-effectiveness of labor allocation; organized servers to close tables quickly and efficiently.
- Achieved recognition as a Fayetteville legend for memorizing more than 40 menu items; has served more than 25,000 guests from across the nation.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 6
- Enthusiastic spirit, maintained a high level of quality and discretion in accommodating the needs of customers.
- Initiated daily communication with all server team members to ensure that guests received immediate assistance; earned name recognition among preferred guests.
- Greeted over 400 VIPs, celebrities, and dignitaries on a first-name basis; ability to read body language for discreet service protocols.
- Exceeded sales goals five consecutive years (average of 15% increase annually); top seller in the company according to quarterly metrics.
- Developed extensive knowledge of alternative medicine through extensive research in self-help books and the Internet.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 7
- Recognized by peers and management as a talented, energetic team player. Accomplished positive attitude, reliability, punctuality, and exceptional service in all areas of departmental responsibility.
- Hired, trained and developed three new head waiters.
- Motivated staff to reach daily sales goals; selections were consistently identified as the “best in the city” by patrons.
- Achieved highest sales per server in the restaurant’s history with only a 40% turnover within a seven-month period.
- Received loyal patronage for completed commitment to hostess assistance with an exceptionally high return rate of repeat customers.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 8
- Fostered two young men to join up as first-time managers.
- Educated, managed, and focused on the professional growth of other staff members; one became a manager with an excellent track record.
- Planned, organized, and led a summer-long 30-person restaurant management organization.
- Supervised the daily operations of four full-time cooks and five part-time employees alongside a full-time General Manager.
- Maintained service standards of the industry standard for both wait staff and chefs by setting goals for each in their fields of expertise.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 9
- Performed many roles in a fast-paced atmosphere, including serving lunch to kids, managing a staff welcoming customers, and communicating with management.
- Provided professional and personal advice to our customers; described in writing the special techniques of wine pairings.
- Empathy and understanding were shown to customers after critical incidents.
- Developed creative ideas for promoting business.
- Received recognition from management for accepting personal responsibility in the loss of business due to his own error; demonstrated proficiency of leadership through active problem solving and project management skills in initiating improvements that saved company money.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 10
- Adhered to proper etiquette and protocol for leading customer service in a restaurant of ninety-two patrons on a daily basis.
- Recommendations for the applicant included frequent customer visits, quality customer service, excellent recommendation ability, positive attitude, and follow-up procedures.
- Learned and documented guests’ preferences and selections in an efficient manner.
- Worked as part of a team to ensure food preparation was completed timely; tables were prepared by the appointed time with orders taken on time as well; patrons were sat on time.
- Ensured the quality of food presentation for each meal by balancing meals, dual-eyeing hot plates upon delivery, and addressing customer concerns in a timely manner.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 11
- Proactively and flexibly analyzed, helped resolve, and resolve issues of all kinds with an upbeat and professional demeanor; avoided health code violations in the foodservice industry.
- Successfully managed a six-week training program for the replacement of the current dining staff.
- Created new menus for a wide variety of ethnic foods including French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian and American cuisine.
- Received praise as the most efficient waiter in the entire restaurant; recognized quarterly by customers as having exceptional service skills that positively impacted their visit to our restaurant.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by delivering outstanding services while strengthening teamwork among other coworkers.
Head Waiter Resume Sample 12
- Restored the guest experience to its original level of excellence after re-opening the restaurant following a three-month renovation.
- Increased sales by 45% by addressing patron relationship issues.
- Publicized new menu items and proved them popular during months of trial and error.
- Launched sales of a new line of wines in white, red, and dessert varietals, which outsold the competitor’s offerings.
- Conducted wine tastings utilizing internet sales, direct mailings, and fliers at local clubs while developing mutually beneficial relationships with community leaders.
There isn’t much in the way of education requirements, other than a high school diploma and on-the-job training. The ability to work in a fast paced environment, great customer service skills, good leadership skills, excellent communication skills, good memory for memorizing people’s orders, conflict resolution and the ability to train staff are crucial for the job.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.