The Library manager is responsible for the general operation of departments and other functions of the library. Their duties include employee scheduling, evaluations, and training, the library budget, policies, and plans regarding library functions, composing, and publishing literature about the library.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Library Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Library Manager resumes for your reference.
Library Manager Resume Sample 1
- Effectively managed staff, customer service, and loan processing. Analyzed data to issue customer satisfaction surveys.
- Introduced new books and magazines to customers; provided pleasant customer service in dealing with loan applications and referrals.
- Awarded recognition for outstanding record keeping; identified trends in reading habits and developed recommendations for increasing circulation of new materials.
- Achieved award as a branch manager; identified new skills and demonstrated success through ongoing training.
- Gathered information from public record sources in providing quality service to the community; mentored younger employees by providing leadership examples through professional development opportunities including workshops and seminars with other professionals in the field of library science.
Library Manager Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw installation of an advanced computerized card catalog system, upgrading the library’s card catalog from an outdated manual system to a computerized system.
- Elevated the library’s collections by adding a number of reference works and local publications, including the award-winning novel “Life on a Small Planet” by noted author Richard Chenault.
- Expanded circulation and reference services through outreach programs with local schools and organizations.
- Provided leadership by overseeing volunteers that contributed more than 500 hours each month to the operation of the library.
- Received a “Great Job” award from the Mayor of St. Ignace.
Library Manager Resume Sample 3
- Frequently used library resources to conduct research and develop materials for students, staff, and community users. Organized and conducted library orientation program before new employees.
- Administered a list of required reading for students; assisted with campus events, projects, and activities.
- Adhered to the rules of professional behavior. Applied the policies and procedures of the library in accordance with job requirements.
- Capable of solving complex problems; shown initiative in handling assignments on time, within budget guidelines, given minimal information by supervisors or other deputized persons.
- Trained and supervised student workers. Approved requests for library materials through the circulation desk.
Library Manager Resume Sample 4
- Awarded for outstanding performance as a Departmental Secretary; promoted to Supervisory Library Assistant.
- Awarded for writing the best paper on a subject on which I had written three papers. (Conducted in-depth analyses of the micro and macro economies, specifically addressing the causes and effects of inflation).
- Received appreciation from my boss regarding ensuring customer satisfaction when fulfilling customer orders. (Helped ensure customers received books within three weeks instead of five).
- Awarded an award for my participation at an American Library Association conference; attended four courses and two meetings with administrators regarding best practices in library management.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in a timed management exercise. (Awarded – Met deadlines, received positive performance reviews, implemented changes).
Library Manager Resume Sample 5
- Maintained a high standard of work during the implementation of new management systems and procedures, while working with staff members to successfully meet customer needs.
- Ensured that electronic resources were efficiently updated and maintained to support an ever-expanding collection.
- Implemented a successful email notification system for ordering library materials; increased circulation by 20% within the first year of implementation.
- Earned library certification for excellence in customer service and performance; recognized for providing efficient service to patrons.
- Trained staff members on new technologies and information systems; skills improved technology use across the entire library.
Library Manager Resume Sample 6
- Accomplished multi-tasker established new records for processing interlibrary loans. Effectively administered and secured the collection.
- Managed twenty (20) employees while developing new services and increasing circulation, acquisition, interlibrary loan, reference, and technical services; recognized as the “Outstanding Library Manager” by the District Manager.
- Edited current publications based on customer reviews; compiled references from current publications for customers seeking work at major corporations.
- Processed reference requests within 24 hours of receipt; reviewed literature for companies seeking to locate possible investment opportunities.
- Accomplished top-quality performance review and received various forms of recognition including gift cards and dinner certificates.
Library Manager Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated superior skills while conducting a research project to enhance the business development program in my department.
- While identifying problems, created several innovative solutions, one which became the foundation for more efficient and faster operations.
- Recommended changes in corporate policies and procedures; contributed to the successful implementation of several improvement projects.
- Presented a new plan for operating more efficiently during a company audit conducted by high-ranking officials.
- Compiled objective data that resulted in increased productivity while decreasing costs; acted on behalf of management during employee meetings.
Library Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed the Billings Public Library’s circulation of more than 500,000 books, CDs, videos and DVDs.
- Actively participated in Friends of the Billings Public Library fundraising efforts.
- Oversaw a professionally trained staff of eight employees.
- Assisted city government by developing a business plan for library operations which included multi-year financial projections and strategies for funding; created an action plan to increase financial support from government agencies and private foundations.
- Recruited and trained several college interns.
Library Manager Resume Sample 9
- Established contact with new library companies, established rapport with the research staff, coordinated budgets, and determined which resources were needed by the library staff.
- Created a newsletter that is sent to the library’s patrons.
- Responsible for selection of resource books and completing annual requests for information.
- Supported the development of new programs to promote reading; assembled lesson plans; managed workshops on style and marketing.
- Founded a book club in partnership with community members that flourished under my leadership due to inspired program personnel, above-average finances, and community support.
Library Manager Resume Sample 10
- Organized and managed an extensive research database of employee work-related publications and various other information systems.
- Created a newsletter that highlighted the importance of reading, books, and libraries in our society.
- Participated in the selection of library books for adult and children’s collections including materials for students, students’ reference materials, fiction, nonfiction, biographies, works for children and youth.
- Provided guidance to student employees on how to operate library equipment.
- Established a formal student employment program; approved written job applications for new positions based on student interest.
Library Manager Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw routine maintenance of the library’s online and print collections; ensured that all library material was properly cataloged, stored, and labeled.
- Met with vendors and suppliers to ensure that the library was fully stocked with materials.
- Planned activities for the facility’s summer reading club and supervised children who attended.
- Tracked statistics concerning usage of the facility; coupled with this data, proposed changes in staffing in order to handle increased attendance at the library.
- Discovered important historical documents in attic space during a renovation project; used these records to create a three-dimensional display of local history.
Library Manager Resume Sample 12
- Developed and executed a monthly publicity campaign to increase branch attendance and collection usage.
- Evaluated library needs and resources in light of public trends and gathered public input to formulate plans for development.
- Achieved a collection utilization rate of over 98% by implementing an automated materials cataloging system; earned nomination for Library Administrator of the Year.
- Increased circulation by 5,000 items per year by developing and marketing a new interlibrary loan program.
- Developed a community outreach program to improve library services for economically disadvantaged families.
Library Manager Resume Sample 13
- Effectively monitored library resources and relocated items as needed.
- Scored near perfect on the annual summer reading program.
- Maintained all the major sections of the department’s materials, including periodicals and reference books.
- Helped organizes and locate materials for classes, projects, and presentations; effectively compiled monetary allowances for various departments.
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of budgeting procedures in preparing financial reports as well as handling the allocation of funds among various entities.
Library Manager Resume Sample 14
- Admitted international students so they could receive a library card.
- Worked in the GIS department and performed research on the area’s land use, assessors’ data, and historical maps.
- Conducted business research; right-sorted newspapers according to date of publication and sorted according to the county of publication.
- Recognized as a “Star Research Specialist” in Research for outstanding research, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Received award for excellent performance in the Reviewer category; contributed to departmental rankings in terms of overall scholarly output, review quality, review content, and journal impact factor.
To work as a Library Manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in Library Science or an information-related field. The Library Manager must have the ability to multi-task while focusing on one project, the ability to work with various computer packages, flexibility, work well under pressure, great communication skills, leadership skills, speak more than one language.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.