A Head Hostess in Hospitality is responsible in overseeing small teams of hosts and hostesses and ensure customer satisfaction. Their Daily duties are ensuring smooth flow of guest arrival and departures, escorting customers to tables, managing reservations and schedules, graciously meeting guests, manage efficiency and timely seating of guests and inspect tables for proper presentation.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Head Hostess Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Head Hostess resumes for your reference.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 1
- Proactively and tactically coordinated the successful completion of opening night with an initiative that highlighted service, food quality and presentation, as well as front, back, and kitchen staff’s performance.
- Processed a daily volume of 250 restaurant patrons with a professional attitude maintaining excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Managed a peak dining period to ensure the timely seating of 25 patrons while maintaining the banquette system, providing excellent service, and meeting all applicable federal, state, local laws and guidelines.
- Found innovative solutions through identifying challenges which resulted in increased sales.
- Ordered and maintained inventory for a 24-hour restaurant.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 2
- Actively inspired and motivated assistant hostesses to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Monitored the floor performance of servers; quickly guiding them to provide quality service.
- Motivated individuals to achieve promotions or transfers through hard work, positive attitude, and focused determination.
- Became active member of the Social Committee organizing activities for fellow employees.
- Received recognition from Human Resources for recruiting new employees; established an ongoing pipeline for increased talent retention.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 3
- Dedicated to the continual increase of positive customer relationships.
- Directed an efficient staff and catered to guest needs with a smile.
- Envisioned guest satisfaction and was focused on individual needs.
- Became a vessel for good thoughts and deeds by sharing hospitality, good will, and friendship with guests of the hotel.
- Developed conflict management skills through compassionate communication techniques in dealing with issues yielded from past experiences.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 4
- Served as an integral part of the success of multiple businesses’ events featuring live music, dance, and other entertainment.
- Fostered long-term client relationships with event planners, venue managers, and other hospitality industry professionals.
- Recognized for being a positive influence on staff and personal relationships through creative problem solving and the ability to encourage others to focus on positive goals.
- Proven to be a motivational speaker through participation in school programs, corporate meetings, professional conferences, personal seminars.
- Received award for outstanding character during one year working in customer service when dealing with persons from diverse backgrounds with various cultural backgrounds and disparate social beliefs.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 5
- Hosted fifty events per month; accommodated and interacted with guests, prepared event menus, and directed staff accordingly.
- Assisted in the changeover of table settings for banquets of fifteen to one thousand attendees.
- Attracted and welcomed attendees to company-sponsored events through greeting them in a warm and professional manner while promoting the company brand.
- Developed professionally as a persuasive speaker after delivering presentations on finance, health, and beauty topics to local businesses; taught lessons on company services.
- Accomplished promotions of the company’s brand after establishing highly successful relationships with business affiliates.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 6
- Responsible for making dining room environment comfortable and relaxing.
- Discussed daily specials with guests and attended to special seating requests.
- Assisted servers in fulfilling guest requests, such as food allergy accommodations or small addition orders, while keeping tables balanced.
- Scheduled wait staff to ensure variety in timeliness and quality of service.
- Aided lounge staff in preparing dessert orders and seating guests.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 7
- Fostered teamwork and inspired respect among departmental staff to promote mutual trust and a sense of community.
- Provided guests with excellent service, which ultimately translated into positive business transactions.
- Handled financial functions through intricate accounting procedures, which benefited the business.
- Organized parties for departmental staff to introduce them to community resources and enhance their professional relations with each other.
- Spent year-round working in the restaurant industry at various positions to create a reputation for excellence and professionalism while excelling in customer service.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 8
- Crafted a variety of menus to clients’ tastes and dietary preferences.
- Met with clients to discuss menu options.
- Resolved any special requests or concerns.
- Organized and lead kitchen staff for timely execution of event needs.
- Assisted in the presentation of appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, salads, desserts, beverages, and service ware.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 9
- Maintained a ‘hostess-like’ attitude in the ever-growing, busy restaurant.
- Learned from the mistakes of others to prepare for the future.
- Documented, categorized and archived all receipts.
- Cared for guests by facilitating their dining experience with prompt and accurate service. Attended to all guest’s preferences and desires.
- Assumed responsibility for bringing positive changes to organizational culture by championing cultural awareness and diversity initiatives.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 10
- Became a role model to junior staff by providing support and leadership when supervising a staff of ten.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for treating guests with courtesy and professionalism regardless of their status in life.
- Oversaw the training, hiring, and supervising of new personnel for large parties up to 1,200 people and served as liaison between catering offices, manager, and staff in the execution of catered events such as weddings, corporate functions/gatherings, family reunions/parties.
- Managed budget by controlling overhead expenses; oversaw inventory by monitoring food cost percentage paid back to the food service department for replenishing inventory.
- Coordinated and executed major events such as Weddings, Anniversaries, etc.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 11
- Organized and supervised first floor, multiple staff, and diverse clientele during opening hours.
- Maintained efficient functions of all areas by following set policies and procedures in addition to diligent preparation of a smooth running operation.
- Fostered a professional atmosphere for all members of the team through goal setting, training, and execution of established daily tasks.
- Adeptly prepared cocktails, wine, and beer for customers in an accurate, pleasant manner.
- Able to identify clientele’s needs by developing insight into their desires through consistent interviewing techniques using observation and customer feedback.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 12
- Optimized team members’ skills and abilities to maximize their potentials.
- Ensured that every guest was satisfied with the company’s performance; effectively promoted event logistics and coordinate venue with client.
- Oversaw aggressive pricing plan into effect that allowed the company to grow profitably in a very competitive market sector.
- Fined for five consecutive years in A-level for the highest table occupancy for the agency’s overnight party business and was recognized as a consistent favorite of clients.
- Established new subsidiaries by merging two established firms; contracted and supervised ground staff during peak seasonality when our hotel chain was nearly full capacity from building expansion projects.
Head Hostess Resume Sample 13
- Maintained a clean, professional environment with strong attention to detail.
- Analyzed and predicted needs of guests through extensive interviewing, observation, and feedback by customers.
- Achieved award for service excellence; recognized personally by the CEO for outstanding customer service.
- Optimized wait staff time and balanced guest interests to ensure satisfaction throughout the night.
- Achieved recognition as a team player; recognized for organizational effectiveness by peers.
To work as Head Hostess a High School Diploma or training in hotel management. A head hostess must showcase incredible hospitality, co-operative and collaborative ability, management skills, good communication skills, high energy and restaurant knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Head Hostess Resume Samples
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 1
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 2
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 3
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 4
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 5
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 6
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 7
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 8
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 9
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 10
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 11
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 12
- Head Hostess Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up