Audio-video installers provide the operation of sound and video equipment in a variety of industries, from corporations to broadcasting. Their duties include setting up audio, video and recording equipment, sound and video recording, synchronizing visuals and audio, maintaining footage, operating equipment for indoor and outdoor events, and editing and converting recordings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Audio Video Installer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Audio Video Installer resumes for your reference.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 1
- Installed and configured Apple and Microsoft operating systems; assembled, maintained, and repaired personal computers; configured and managed the flow of data and applications.
- Used Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert scanned files into portable document format (pdf) files, which were stored on a network server for distribution.
- Encoded digital video using Sony Vegas Movie Studio to create video presentations.
- Worked as part of a team to design, develop, and install computer graphic programs with user interfaces for image editing and animation with the goal of improving the company’s system efficiency.
- Assisted in the development of a software program that tracked employee attendance, deducted for absences, and made recommendations to management.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 2
- Installed new pieces of home entertainment technology.
- Installed television, sound, and security system.
- Withheld personal information used by customer to purchase home security system.
- Installed apartment complex’s interactive network.
- Through his exceptional work ethic, the lead installer on the team was promoted to management role on the project following release of an initial product of over $10,000 owed to the chief engineer’s company.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 3
- Installed computers, printers, tape drives, and other peripherals.
- Colorized videos for commercial projects.
- Installed voice equipment for board meetings.
- Worked to develop new business solutions by joining sales groups to encourage sales growth.
- Launched automated workstation by providing training and support.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 4
- Troubleshot for over 30 hours, with support engineers, to fix an OS/2 system that had difficulty automatically rebooting; saved company $4,000 in OS/2 OS upgrades.
- Installed OS/2 OS on two machines; updated OS/2 OS; successfully connected LAN; successfully connected to Novell NetWare Client using LAN Server.
- Recycled all unnecessary files and folders in over 500 megabytes of disk space in the Development Operating System (DOS); greatly improved speed of system.
- Troubleshot for 15 hours with two IT specialists to remove an unwanted screen saver during development of Java programming language for customer’s POS software.
- Installed Java programming language on two computers; completed Java language programming for customer’s POS software.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw software testing, installation, and corrections as an expert contractor.
- Identified and corrected problems in software as a developer.
- Reliably completed tasks to code standards and specifications; finished all assigned projects on target.
- Worked with remote teams; communicated effectively through instant or telephonic communication software tools and programs.
- Took over development project on completion of first two levels of programming; learned new programming languages and techniques during project.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 6
- Successfully installed audio and video equipment in 4 homes under a schedule that accommodated customers, families, and children.
- Became a master of the latest technology to build a home-theater for an enthusiast client. Built master control box, custom cabinets, and a 100-disc storage tower.
- Assembled demo units for product presentation at 2 trade shows; won recognition as the top floor display team.
- Lead installation crew in setting up company equipment displays at 3 national conferences; demonstrated the latest products to over 10,000 attendees.
- Was selected to participate in a limited field test of a new product; created and submitted a report for the product review.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 7
- Configured and installed top-of-the-line audio visual components for usage in teaching, learning, and entertainment; worked effectively with engineers and executives to ensure compatibility and reliability.
- Effectively managed live sound for four wowsome hours of music per round at the Music Hall Auditorium; developed optimal audience rapport with strong work ethic.
- Installed VCR’s, stereos, televisions round the clock at eight different service centers without encountering service discrepancies or customer complaints.
- Delivered quality installation of IBM software across three large corporate clients.
- Replaced faulty components on computers after diagnosing problems by following technical manuals; zero customer complaints.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 8
- Installed, wired, and configured equipment for video projection and audio systems in multiple venues including concert halls, theaters, casinos, and racetracks.
- Designed system interface to accommodate requirement for both projectionist and automated control of projectors; devised technology to permit display of subtitles in certain settings.
- Divided responsibilities to accurately distribute workload among team members according to respective skill sets; designed layout for integration of all system components.
- Performed troubleshooting and maintenance duties in private homes and businesses.
- Conceived idea for product improvements based on observation of user behaviors during beta tests; implemented changes in time for product release.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 9
- Employed all installation techniques for audio/visual equipment, bar codes, and remote controls.
- Setup equipment with minimal interruption to the client’s workflow.
- Installed equipment with minimal downtime to clients.
- Aimed to install system in the shortest time possible, thereby achieving maximum productivity.
- Rebuilt entire office sound system at client request; quickly performed repairs, adjustments, and wiring of speakers and ceiling mounts without error or bother.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 10
- Recruited, trained, and supervised over 50 employees.
- Essentially designed, developed, and tested custom video/audio systems for small offices at local establishments.
- Effectively communicated with customers through sales calls and satisfied all their needs.
- Provided high level consulting expertise at medical clinics, arcades, recording studios, and production companies.
- Analyzed customer needs in order to produce video productions that reflected the intentions of the client.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 11
- Installed over 200 personal computers, servers, and workstations, both hardware and software.
- Expertly installed a multi-million dollar audio video system for a state-of-the-art recording facility under budget and ahead of schedule.
- Expertly installed a new server environment that was instrumental in improving customer service at a call center in 3 key areas: speed, quality, and cost.
- Met deadlines for entering data in a timely manner while maintaining strict adherence to the highest performance standards within the company.
- Collaborated with international colleagues from six different countries to create user guides for customers seeking support from overseas personnel.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 12
- Performed Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of audio and video equipment for residential and commercial clients.
- Troubleshot complex programming problems with security system panel to correct inadequacy with robotic apparatus.
- Consulted with homeowner associations on video surveillance system specifications for quality of life enhancement in the residence area.
- Opened a franchise business of open-air digital signage network in Afghanistan, where high schools are being constructed to educate children against terrorism.
- Performed installation on an intercontinental air transport for sound monitoring equipment, microphone arrays, and speakers in cabin rest areas to ensure superior sound quality.
Audio Video Installer Resume Sample 13
- Provided audio-visual component installation services to meet client’s needs.
- Demonstrated control over all audio/video equipment installed; maintained equipment during construction, construction enforcement, and construction certification processes.
- Performed task load analysis of client’s requests for services; provided recommendations on improving the productivity of technical staff while maintaining quality control.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality in audio-visual equipment installation by trade show judge.
- Received praise from the Regional Manager for innovative solutions to problem solving situations, position on task allocation board, and performance of duties.
To work as an audio-video installer you need associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in broadcast technology, communications, or related field. Audio-video installers must demonstrate ability with sound and image and knowledge of quality, manual abilities, problem-solving skills, communication skills, mastery of sound and recording mixers, computer skills, setting up, breaking down, and maintaining equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.