A Transportation Operations Manager oversees shipping and receiving of equipment. Their duties are to ensure clear communication between stake holders and manage the paperwork that follows, negotiate the cost of transportation from extraction sites, operating lifting and movement of equipment, schedule daily work for service, monitor scheduling, update schedules and submit requests to various agencies for facility locating.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Transportation Operations Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Transportation Operations Manager resumes for your reference.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained consistent high service quality by tracking and maintaining accurate records of customers’ complaints, compliments, and repeat business.
- Reduced customer complaints by over 50% during the past two years.
- Recognized for consistently excellent customer service by staff members and management; improved productivity by 15% through monitoring work hours and processes.
- Met customer service expectations by greeting customers with a smile, name, and warm handshake.
- Recognized by management for improvement of operations through monitoring of operations and proactive management of resources.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed vehicle fleet operations; reported weekly and monthly to the Transportation Department Head; promoted driver safety, operational efficiency, and environmental sustainability.
- Managed fleet of 35 vans, 15 minivans, and 6 vans in a fleet of 120 vehicles.
- Created and implemented incentive programs to increase vehicle productivity and reduce vehicle downtime.
- Led vehicle dispatch to ensure efficient, cost-effective, and safe routing of fleets.
- Maintained accurate vehicle fleet inventory.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Was awarded as the “Best Driver” by the Chief of Police for a five-year period for my safe driving record.
- Led, trained, and organized a team of drivers for safe and reliable transportation.
- Maintained vehicles, insurance, and records of services for company clients.
- Reduced daily commuting times and expenses to more than 90 minutes.
- Won a “safe driver” award at the annual company picnic for my “safe driving record.”
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Operated a high-speed, state-of-the-art, and automated system of transportation to move over 70,000 passengers per day.
- Managed a fleet of 13,000 trucks and 40,000 trailers to transport over 5 million tons of freight per year.
- Resolved over $200 million in accidents and incidents that could have caused fatal or catastrophic results for our clients.
- Developed a plan for alternative fuel vehicles that would reduce transportation costs by 30% and environmental emissions by over 50%.
- Improved the standard of excellence for truck drivers by establishing training and safety programs that were second to none.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Built a comprehensive, centralized, and high-performance transportation operations system to support transportation operations, training, safety, and maintenance.
- Designed and established training materials for transportation operations and maintenance personnel.
- Integrated systems, including satellite and web-based technologies, to increase overall effectiveness.
- Developed and implemented quality assurance programs to improve the efficiency of transportation operations.
- Built a customer-focused transportation operations team that exceeded service standards.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Oversee, implement, and supervise operations of the district transportation service, including drivers, dispatchers, fleet management, traffic operations, maintenance, and operations support.
- Completed regular training in the new field of driver training; developed driver and vehicle safety policies; implemented driver evaluations; and trained new drivers and existing drivers.
- Developed the infrastructure for drivers to receive training, take certification exams, and receive formal driver and vehicle safety training.
- Recognized and provided leadership in training and certifying drivers to be able to perform complex and difficult driving duties in a safe manner.
- Organized training and certification programs for driver training to provide ongoing education for all drivers.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Scheduled transportation routes and transit time in order to maximize utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Coordinated transportation routes and equipment for a military base relocation project.
- Created a policy and schedule for regular maintenance and inspections of transportation vehicles.
- Facilitated transportation of federal employees, citizens, and dignitaries for government and corporate events.
- Developed and implemented contingency plans for transportation emergencies.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed and maintained the vehicle fleet, by maintaining vehicles, scheduling inspections, and overseeing repairs.
- Maintained equipment, by scheduling inspections and performing maintenance on all equipment.
- Assigned maintenance personnel and equipment for special projects.
- Created a weekly schedule of inspections and maintenance of the vehicles and equipment.
- Recognized for leadership and exceptional service; named “Employee of the Month”.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Created new programs to increase safety, customer service, and revenue for train operators.
- Recommended that a contract be awarded to a company for airport ground handling services.
- Coordinated and monitored transportation for an overseas customer.
- Made recommendations for new products and services that would increase customer service and increase revenue.
- Increased revenue by a minimum of 20% for all transportation routes, as well as for various routes for the company.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 10
- Implemented a new safety policy that reduced the number of minor accidents by 15% and increased the number of major accidents by 25% during the past year.
- Initiated the new policy that increased the safety rating of the company from a C to a B.
- Monitored all maintenance programs for vehicles and aircraft to ensure that all were in good working order and the highest safety standards were maintained.
- Increased overall customer satisfaction and safety by increasing the level of customer service to the highest level, which is the level that most customers expect.
- Accomplished five consecutive weeks of no accidents and all problems were corrected within the first 24 hours.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 11
- Generated economic value of $1.2 million for the Port of New Orleans through airport marketing and advertising.
- Established a more reliable and efficient freight system that eliminated unnecessary handling of freight by improving services and processes.
- Developed a streamlined and improved check-in process for all airlines by developing and implementing a pilot project that saved airlines $1.2 million.
- Reduced staff by 17%, and increased airport efficiency by 20%.
- Increased employee morale and customer satisfaction by 17%.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 12
- Optimized travel operations, maintenance, and cost control. Created efficient and effective logistics processes that resulted in reduced vehicle utilization, time-consuming tracking, and delays.
- Managed multiple vehicles, drivers, and employees to ensure timely delivery of customer requests.
- Completed 100-mile non-stop deliveries within 12 hours, demonstrating my ability to quickly learn and implement new technology and procedures.
- Overseen the transportation of freight from all over the United States to the regional distribution center in Chicago.
- Achieved award for having a positive impact on safety and the quality of service in the transportation industry by helping reduce motor vehicle accidents and employee injuries.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 13
- Kept customer satisfaction high by following up on problems and responding to their requests.
- Received commendations for implementing a new, fast and accurate ticketing system.
- Recognized as an exemplary manager for setting up and operating a new fast food store.
- Assigned new drivers to aid in the transportation of the most important people, such as politicians and CEOs.
- Achieved a 100% on-time record for the transportation of corporate clients.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 14
- Successfully supervised and trained all of the departments in the company’s fleet maintenance program.
- Created an excellent training environment for the company’s mechanics.
- Faced many obstacles and persevered through personal tragedies in order to maintain high standards and quality in the company’s fleet maintenance program.
- Reduced employee absences and increased productivity of maintenance employees by 15%.
- Presented a company-wide presentation of company policies and procedures to improve employee knowledge and satisfaction.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 15
- Used proven best practices to improve service, delivery, and utilization of public transportation systems.
- Improved quality of service, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- Reduced maintenance costs and travel times.
- Improved the safety of transit riders.
- Improved the safety of drivers.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 16
- Delivered an innovative, market-leading system that enabled quick and efficient collection of meter data and enhanced the user experience.
- Achieved monthly revenue goals, exceeded traffic goals, and increased monthly profit by 40%.
- Created and launched a state-of-the-art tracking and monitoring system for delivery trucks and drivers.
- Overcame technical difficulties and added new features to the fleet management system to provide additional operational and business benefits.
- Achieved annual goal of at least 20% reduction in non-value added time and significantly improved employee morale.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 17
- Implemented business strategy to improve the transportation efficiency of employees. Improved the overall delivery process by revising vehicle routes, delegating responsibilities, and utilizing new transportation services.
- Assisted the company’s vice president in identifying and developing a strategy for streamlining the transportation operations.
- Led the development of a service-level agreement for transportation services, and secured vendor contracts for new transportation services.
- Negotiated a reduced employee commute fee to save company money.
- Coordinated transportation for the President’s State Visit to Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Transportation Operations Manager Resume Sample 18
- Improved the company’s transportation system with new technology, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction and a 40% decrease in accidents and claims.
- Resolved most of the problems in the transportation system, resulting in a significant reduction in freight and claims.
- Eliminated or reduced the number of idle trucks, resulting in increased profitability and lower costs.
- Introduced the new automated computer system that provides customers with the most updated inventory information, allowing for increased accuracy in shipment tracking.
- Improved the overall quality of customer service, resulting in an increase in customer satisfaction from 85% to 95%.
Qualification for this job type include a high school diploma. A transportation operation manager should display proficient Microsoft program knowledge, ability to work alone and in a collaborative space, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, excellent organizational skills, good communication skills, problem-solving capability and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.