A technology director oversees all technology operations of a company as well as their IT systems and policies. The job responsibilities include overseeing the infrastructure of technical operations, managing a team of IT employees, eliminating security risks and increase user satisfaction, maintaining and establishing IT systems and operations, and analyzing business requirements of departments to determine their technology needs.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technology Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technology Director resumes for your reference.
Technology Director Resume Sample 1
- Spearheaded the move to a paperless office by developing, implementing, and maintaining an intranet document management system that provided employees access to files over the internet.
- Managed software licensing fees for more than 70 staff members accessing Microsoft BackOffice products. Recouped thousands of dollars through negotiated contracts with MS.
- Streamlined work-flow by designing and programming multi-user application using MS Visual Basic for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, project management, program documentation, email communications.
- Awarded project of the year after managing DMS implementation for moving from DOS & Mac operational environments to Windows 3.1/95/NT platform; resulted in $350k savings in upgrade costs.
- Achieved company goal of reducing storage requirements after developing file compression scheme for IT department; saved $20k by eliminating need for storage upgrades.
Technology Director Resume Sample 2
- Provided vision and leadership to the technology department that enabled our organization to be recognized as an industry leader.
- Effectively applied strategic planning process, resource allocation, change management techniques, and project management procedures.
- Recognized for performing duties in a superior manner while developing quality software products with focus on customer service.
- Changed company culture from one of fear and mistrust to one of empowerment through succession planning strategies revealed during a year-long interview process.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with high profile customers resulting in recurring revenue stream which will provide us with sustainability beyond my tenure at company.
Technology Director Resume Sample 3
- Coordinated the installation of over $4 million worth of hardware and software, including routers, switches, fiber optic cable plant, servers, firewalls, load balancers.
- Redesigned existing 13-server infrastructure to function as a virtualized environment with eight dedicated servers running more than 50 virtual machines.
- Oversaw the upgrade of an end-user system that included server hardware replacements; created training manuals for users while also providing onsite support.
- Managed 10 geographically dispersed employees responsible for network design and security; additionally provided 24/7 support services to business partners in various time zones.
- Simultaneously monitored 2 data centers while tracking 3 different projects; proactively communicated issues to stakeholders.
Technology Director Resume Sample 4
- Developed, implemented, and managed the installation of five online databases to provide 24/7 access for patrons.
- Oversaw upgrades to automate library systems through new technology; developed proposals which were approved by the board.
- During my three-year tenure as Technology Director, I increased customer satisfaction scores by 10% while reducing costs by $30,000 per year.
- Spearheaded a project that increased cataloguing accuracy from 80% to 95%. As a result, we received an award for Cataloging Accuracy Excellence (CAA).
- Maintained system security against outside attacks; edited website content for aesthetics and compliance with web standards; standard practices for staff members.
Technology Director Resume Sample 5
- Pioneered both small and enterprise-wide IT initiatives for a state agency.
- Managed tech support teams to ensure all requests were handled in a timely manner, while simultaneously guiding team members to improve support processes.
- Assisted management with tech decision-making while upholding the company’s overall direction for future projects.
- Developed numerous internal tools that streamlined several departmental business processes.
- Created documentation of all standard procedures currently used by tech support employees, to be implemented as official policy should jobs be outsourced in future.
Technology Director Resume Sample 6
- Provided leadership and oversight of technical solutions, services, contracts, and delivery for state government.
- Orchestrated implementation of multi-million dollar revenue generating project that significantly reduced costs while improving technology accessibility to citizens.
- Spearheaded process improvement program resulting in significant reduction in operating expenses, improved customer service by over 100%.
- Increased strategic partnership with corporate community through initiatives resulting in $80 million paid in wages.
- Successfully implemented unpopular decisions effectively promoting change management practices within IT department resulting in implementation success rates of 96% or higher.
Technology Director Resume Sample 7
- Designed and developed the information security project that resulted in identification of more than $500K in cost savings by leveraging an existing investment with vendor partner.
- Directed and managed a team of developers to implement web-based support portal solution for customers.
- Engaged as technical lead on cross-enterprise collaboration initiative between IT, business process owners, and legal department staff members.
- Serves as technical subject matter expert for regional architecture review board; identified space/power saving opportunities after conducting site survey at customer locations.
- Provided guidance during the integration effort following company’s acquisition by a multinational firm; recognized for exceptional communication skills during stressful circumstances.
Technology Director Resume Sample 8
- Presented at the Annual Technology Conference; prepared and presented an extensive presentation to more than 1,200 information professionals.
- Assisted in developing a strategic plan for the organization; managed 68 people, $8 Million budget, and implemented integration of multiple data centers.
- Spearheaded innovative ideas through active leadership style; designed successful program to #1 ranking position including work with State Leadership Team.
- Managed the technology budget exceeding $20 million; reduced costs by over $100k through management support staff reduction efforts.
- Planned weekly technology committee meetings aimed towards greater communication between IT departments across campus university system.
Technology Director Resume Sample 9
- Secured new contracts for local government BOE that increased revenue by $200,000 per year.
- Spearheaded the efforts of the team to develop a high level strategic blueprint for continuing excellence in technology planning and implementation.
- Implemented a custom-developed MIS system, which reduced the time required to perform recurring tasks from 15 minutes per task input to 1 minute or less per task input.
- Achieved award for exceptional service after implementing new systems architecture and single sign on access to all applications via a security token service.
- Received award for distinguished performance after successfully introducing over 50 major technological enhancements within 5 years while improving quality of services provided at no additional costs to the organization.
Technology Director Resume Sample 10
- Second to none in coding one of the most demanding applications for a Fortune 500 firm.
- Directed teams of programmers, analysts, and senior managers during the course of an IPO from pre-marketing through trading.
- Designed a web business intelligence app incorporating regression testing and ETL data management system to meet company’s needs.
- Responded with quick thinking when networks failed while managing staff members who were committed to resolving problems associated with faulty software codes due to market conditions.
- Took charge of developing a dynamic enterprise resource planning project aimed at increasing productivity by integrating back office computer systems.
The ideal technology director will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field, with a Master’s being a plus, and experience managing employees within an IT environment. This job requires excellent communication and organization skills, proven leadership ability, a technical knowledge of computer systems and networks, financial and business skills such as budgeting, and experience with the analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.