Assistant preschool teachers help lead teachers in caring for and nurturing children under the age of five. Duties of an assistant preschool teacher include collaborating in making lesson plans, supervising children, changing children, feeding children, communicating issues to the lead teacher, and keeping the classroom clean.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Preschool Teacher resumes for your reference.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Provided children with an educational, safe, and healthy environment conducive to learning.
- Improved communication skills among staff members; implemented new programs for academic advancement of the children.
- Emphasized art activities within curriculum offering children opportunities to be creative and expand their imagination, self-esteem, and knowledge of the world around them.
- Promoted positive mental health development by leading several games in music class; improved social interaction through fun songs.
- Prevailed against adversity when fire destroyed school building; organized employees’ temporary relocation until new facility was ready for occupancy.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the development and implementation of a “Daily Development Profile” for each child.
- Provided personalized attention and increased language skills through one-on-one instruction, as well as large group activities such as circle time and story time.
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Month” due to my student’s superior performance on state assessments.
- Introduced an innovative reading program that integrated literature into all major subject areas, including math, science, and social studies, improving literacy achievement levels by over 10%.
- Achieved high standards in class management by enforcing rules with care and understanding; instilled confidence in children by allowing them to make choices within boundaries.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 3
- A personal favorite to children as “Miss Kelly”; enabled exploration and self-discovery within the preschool by facilitating activities that promote cognitive, social, creative, and physical development.
- Earned appreciation from parents for designing a personalized curriculum around return to school fears of one particularly shy child.
- Recognized for setting a fine example during volunteer time by guiding children in making positive choices.
- Promoted responsibility through employment as chief kitchen assistant; performed light cleaning duties including washing dishes and tables after meals, nap times, and outdoor recesses.
- Demonstrated organizational skills by independently completing supply purchasing orders to maintain inventory supplies based on monthly usage statistics.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Taught preschoolers to share, care, and develop positive relationships.
- Conceived a unique theatre project for students that involved teaching them to sing, dance, and perform skits.
- Encouraged children to learn how to take responsibility for their actions by reporting consequences of misbehavior.
- Achieved award as “Best Teacher”; trained children in self-defense techniques and helped manage classroom behaviors.
- Raised fund for playground equipment through bake sale; collected donations from parents, faculty members, students at various community centers.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Prepared learning environment for children by alphabetizing toys, sorting resources for color, shape, and size recognition games.
- Assisted teachers in setting up recreation areas full of interactive puzzles designed to develop problem solving skills.
- Helped toddlers recognize colors of rainbow through sensory play; face painted at each session with multi-colored butterfly wings on each cheek.
- Distributed age appropriate snacks after lunch period; discussed nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetable consumption during snack time.
- Replaced missing pieces to puzzles by recognizing similarities between old pieces that had been previously discarded or lost through play activities.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Promoted positive attitudes in young children toward learning and life.
- Assisted in an educational setting that taught children about responsibility, through daily chores and contributions.
- Gave guidance regarding division of tasks throughout the class to ensure a smooth running day for all staff members and students.
- Made recommendations to Director concerning curriculum changes based on classroom observations.
- Earned appreciation from families who praised patience with preschoolers during planned special events.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Greeted children at the classroom door, led them in songs and games, and read aloud stories.
- Organized and supervised children in daily activities, prepared materials for crafts and art projects, cleaned up after playtime.
- Followed guidelines of the National Association of Education Preschools to create a safe environment for children.
- Monitored each child’s physical health; applied first aid when necessary.
- Provided nutritious snacks at regular times throughout the day. Maintained appropriate standards of cleanliness in the classroom.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Supervised group of 18 children ranging in age from one to four years old for two hours per day.
- Assisted with instruction, writing activities for groups of three-year olds learning how to write letters and numbers.
- Recognized by administration as contributor to positive classroom environment; presented with appreciation certificate during monthly staff meeting.
- Earned Silver Award for contributing ideas that helped resolve two conflicts between student’s parents and school staff. Successfully mediated issues through open communication, trained patience, and diplomacy skills integral to personal character traits.
- Recommended by administration for promotion; planning training session relating to outdoor playtime coordination methods with assistant preschool teacher who is pregnant until she returns after her maternity leave.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Provided a structured, secure environment where all children could play and learn.
- Mentored young children to use their natural talents in the development of creative thinking and problem solving.
- Read, sang, and played with children daily; helping them to learn the love of reading, singing, and playing together in their community.
- Collaborated with parents on weekly basis regarding child’s progress during story time gatherings.
- Guided and encouraged children during daily circle time activities for exploring, learning, and reflecting.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Created a safe and nurturing environment in the classroom where children felt comfortable to ask questions, express ideas, and share their feelings.
- Helped students learn to use correct grammar when forming sentences in order to communicate effectively with peers and adults.
- Founded a monthly after school social group for preschoolers so that they may become familiar with other children while having fun together.
- Provided encouragement and support for parents who occasionally needed advice on how to deal with childcare issues such as behavioral problems or potty training accidents.
- Worked well with families during field trips; contacted parents via phone calls and email before and after excursions so that we could give notice of delays orations.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Provided the best care possible for infants, toddlers, and children in my classroom.
- Designed lessons that were playful to meet the needs of all types of learners within the classroom setting.
- Administered standardized tests that required me to measure language development until each student mastered basic phonemic awareness skills.
- Supervised preschoolers during lunch time for over three years; made sure everyone was safe and well fed.
- Prepared referrals by gathering reports from families regarding their child’s home life; compiled data for district’s special education plan file.
Assistant Preschool Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Promoted positive social behavior in children ages 3-5 by maintaining safety awareness and promoting proper behavior.
- Ensured that classroom was clean, organized, and safe; led efforts to commit over $65 in supplies to protect children’s health.
- Implemented effective lesson plans using various center activities with an emphasis of building language skills of pre-schoolers.
- Developed interpersonal relations between parents of students by providing assistance during open house events.
- Guided students through creative arts projects including clay, paint, glue, markers, construction paper crafts.
To work as an assistant preschool teacher, you must have at minimum a high school diploma, certification in early education, and pass state requirements to work in a preschool. Assistant preschool teachers must demonstrate skills in communication, patience, friendliness, cooperation, dependability, flexibility, and collaboration.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.