A pharmacy clerk provides operational and customer support for pharmacies. Duties include customer service, operating a cash register, stocking merchandise, communicating prescription information to pharmacists, maintains a safe working and shopping environment, and following government regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pharmacy Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pharmacy Clerk resumes for your reference.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Tendered and fulfilled Medicare Part B paperwork according to the guidelines of the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.
- Utilized the Pharmacy Practice and Procedures Handbook (PPPH).
- Reviewed pharmacy complaints and cases; instructed customers on resolving issues when prescriptions were not in order; administered medication to patients at the pharmacy counter and ensured that they were properly placed on forms which were later taken back to the physician.
- Maintained a logbook for all services provided; ensured verification of services provided and properly documented patient information for each prescription.
- Recommended that prescriptions be assembled at the distribution center for increased efficiency.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Planned special events for the hospital, such as blood drives and health screening days.
- As a team member, held workshops to help hospital patients and staff buffer stress levels and obtain a more positive outlook on life.
- Won the employee of the month award for being an outstanding leader in promoting patient satisfaction, positive attitude, and team cohesiveness.
- Recognized by pharmacy supervisor for quickly addressing customer complaints regarding prescription mistakes of minor errors.
- Earned certificate of excellence in customer service; effectively handled an irate customer complaint about a delayed delivery of medication by actually going to the customer’s house to resolve the situation in person (to show extra effort).
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Accurate entries of prescriptions; timely filing of patient data in the day-planning program.
- Responsible for maintaining medications and supplies in a clean, orderly manner.
- Ensure that all medication vials are protected during transit and if any medication is lost during transit, the individual should notify their supervisor as soon as possible so an adjustment can be made on the next scheduled pickup date.
- Ensure all medications are accounted for on inventory sheets; drugs stored in accordance with DEA regulations; ensure that drug inventory sheets are accurate and up to date in accordance with DEA regulations.
- Report any discrepancies on drug inventory sheets.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding bench award for completing compounding and labeling of prescription medications; demonstrated knowledge of all laws regulating medications.
- Received Award for Outstanding Performance for obtaining a 99% delivery accuracy rating; achieved an average of 5% over the industry standard.
- Received Outstanding Customer Service award from customers who praised my ability to answer questions regarding their prescriptions and deliveries.
- Achieved Award for Outstanding Quality after compiling data on pharmacy inventory during internal audits.
- Received outstanding quality award; worked at the direction of supervision to compile quarterly data regarding sales.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Assisted customers by providing a wide range of medical products, including drugs and medical equipment; ordered and received inventory.
- Established professional relationships with patients, co-workers, and physicians through exceptional customer service.
- Achieved recognition for professionalism; performed duties under pressure in a calm manner while maintaining an excellent attitude.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in customer service; received numerous awards from patients, doctors, and directors as well as a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Recognized as a technician of the month; provided outstanding patient care when the pharmacy was understaffed during flu season, answering phones, stocking shelves, and completing the daily tasks of multiple pharmacists.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Specializes in compounding, dispensing, and labeling prescriptions.
- Performs professional duties in a variety of areas within a pharmacy to include; pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, toiletries, household, and industrial chemicals.
- Worked with the pharmacist to monitor inventory levels and implement positive solutions to maintain stock levels.
- Compiled data from insurance companies regarding covered medications and filled mail orders from major drug companies.
- Monitored expiration dates of medications and ordered new ones for filling.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Handled the flow of patients and phone calls in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Supervised pharmacy technicians in preparing prescriptions for patient care; provided assistance to customers in locating hard-to-find medications, if necessary.
- Met response time goals by answering phones, gathering information, filling prescriptions by obtaining authorization from physicians, making referrals as needed.
- Prepared files efficiently by finding medical records, entering data into the computer accurately and promptly.
- Provided information regarding patient billing; worked closely with collections department to resolve accounts in question.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Implemented an effective time and attendance system, accurately calculating hours for employees.
- Received outstanding quality award for following internal procedures.
- Recognized by the Supervisor for outstanding performance; effectively justified his position and the necessity of the position to finance department personnel.
- Achieved award for consistent punctuality; effectively completed all reports on time, including paperwork for HOPE Club projects and contributions to a charity organization’s fund-raising drive.
- Received excellent performance rating from SAE sponsor who chose him as one of three people to receive a car loan during his first six months working at this branch.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Provided outstanding customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and assisting customers in locating items.
- Developed procedures regarding cash handling; trained new hires to implement procedures.
- Positively impacted store sales by taking calls, processing orders for customers, and assisting the pharmacy in the health and beauty aisles.
- Monitored all merchandise for security purposes; reported all missing items immediately.
- Assisted in product inventory of all items on the shelves and received an award for superior work performance.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Worked on an award-winning processing shift; performed all tasks to a high level of proficiency.
- Inventoried drugs, inventory logs, and other items as required.
- Promptly responded to work-related issues that arise.
- Maintained quality standards in the drug store while adhering to the policies set forth by management.
- Responsible for identifying errors in the computer system.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for being a model employee; effectively assisted customers while handling name and drug records.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for initiating recognition program; praised by the Manager for suggesting this new initiative.
- Attained recognition as a skillful team player; repeatedly offered suggestions to improve workflow efficiency.
- Awarded store credit for achieving high levels of customer service; commendation from the Regional Manager for assisting customers with prescription refills.
- Received recognition from supervisors using the Amazing Service Award system; praised by supervisors for completing new registration cards according to company guidelines regarding record keeping of patient information.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Served as a dedicated Team Member and was a standout in the Retail Pharmacy’s team. Worked with the Pharmacy Manager for extra hours during peak demand periods.
- Was responsible for maintaining stock and stocking shelves; maintained inventory and organized equipment.
- Partnered with the Pharmacy Manager by organizing the Pharmacy’s courier service (FedEx, UPS, USPS). Maintained up-to-date information on packages that were being delivered to all areas of the retail store based on delivery date and location.
- Participated in the Pharmacy Manager’s weekly meetings and performed regular drug reviews.
- Served as a key member of the Team; assisted the Pharmacy Manager by monitoring pharmacy inventory, maintaining inventory in detail, maintenance of all inventories, and other tasks.
Pharmacy Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Provided exceptional customer service by maintaining a clean, organized, and attractive environment; enjoyed repeat business.
- Received an award for outstanding performance and behavior; maintained compliance with all health, safety, and security regulations.
- Achieved award for excellent customer service; maintained accurate records of prescriptions and medications filled in accordance with company policies.
- Earned praise as a model employee; effectively solved customer problems while maintaining compliance with company guidelines and regulations.
- Received award for outstanding quality; efficiently maintained inventory and ensured consumer safety.
Education requirements include a High School Diploma or equivalent, ability to perform basic math, reading, and writing. Skill requirements include the ability to follow verbal or written instructions, customer service, accurate money handling, accurate record-keeping, safe lifting of objects over 40 pounds, and the ability to work in a face-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.