Pet Sitters primarily need to love animals and be comfortable caring for them. The top skills required in this position include customer service, active listening skills, pet care knowledge, animal handling abilities, and cleanliness. No minimum educational requirement is necessary for this type of job.
The Best Pet Sitter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pet Sitter resumes for your reference.
- Administered oral and topical medications, as well as gave insulin injections.
- Provided house sitting duties: collected mail, newspaper, and packages; watered plants; put garbage/recycling bins out on designated days.
- Conducted new client meetings, which consisted of meeting clients and pets, gathering pet information, answering questions, offering advice, and picking up keys.
- Went on a walk twice a week to give the pup exercise and companionship. Provided general pet care duties as required, including feeding, watering, changing the litter box, and administering medication prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Provided care for pets of families away from home. Supervised children as they played with animals. Participated actively in a certified dog training program for basic obedience and advanced courses.
- Responsible for entering people’s homes and ensuring the proper care of their pets.
- Trusted with providing animals the proper medication for their individual needs.
- Ensure that pets are safe and given adequate attention when their owners are away from home.
- These assignments can range from date nights etc., to full-time set hours for daily care.
- Worked as a housekeeper for said families, doing things from light to deep cleaning inside and outside the home.
- Pets are not a problem; one family has seven ducks, two cats, three dogs, five rabbits, and several fish.
- Coordinate with pet owners and managerial staff, and update managers/owners concerning pet behavior.
- Alert owners and managers concerning the health and living conditions of pets.
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings for new clients.
- Exercising, feeding, administering medication, and lavishing attention on clients’ pets.
- Caring for clients’ pets and homes while staying overnight in clients’ homes for vacation care.
- Utilized positive training techniques and educate clients about pet behavior and care.
- Frequent communication with supervisor and other walkers to promote uniformity in caregiving techniques and ensure high service standards.
Office Manager/Pet Sitter
- Market services to prospective clients, meet with clients to assess needs, schedule visits, and obtain necessary emergency and contact information for pets.
- Manage business office, including managing in-take of current clients, setting current client interviews, invoicing services, and arranging visits and sitter schedules.
- Provide care and companionship to animals in their home, including feeding, medicating, walking, and miscellaneous house-sitting services.
- Provide superior pet services such as in-home pet daycare, overnight pet sitting, dog walks, active play, and pet transportation.
- Care for pets in emergency situations by providing first aid and medication administration.
- Develop and implement service offerings, marketing strategies, and customer service policies.
- Examine and observe animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.
- Exercise animals to maintain their physical and mental health.
- Collect and record animal information such as physical condition, treatments received, medications are given, and food intake.
- Interact with clients to communicate concerns regarding their pets.
- Responsibilities include daily walks, boarding, overnight care, and administering medication.
- Conduct new client meetings, including meeting clients and their pets, gathering information, answering questions, and offering advice; pick up keys.
- Discuss each dog’s nature and individual needs with the owner and record any special instruction or limitations.
- Takedown instructions for walking, feeding, and exercise programs; ensured that they were being followed appropriately.
- Pick up dogs from their homes; engage in friendly play to make them comfortable.
- Assure client satisfaction and maintain safety and compliance at all times.
- Provide daily care for pets while their owners are on vacation.
- I am responsible for all primary animal care while their clients are on vacation or traveling for business.
- Routine duties are feeding, putting out fresh water, brushing pets, taking dogs on walks, cleaning litter boxes, animal behavior, sometimes asking to stay overnight with an animal, companionship, along with comfort for the pet.
- Additional services may include vacuuming pet hair in the house, collecting the client’s mail or newspaper, bathing, and grooming.
- Handled over 30 dog and cat pet sitting clients using my own home for boarding, grooming, playtime, and exercise.
- As a pet sitter through this website, I provide many services.
- They include in-home daytime, evening, and overnight pet care, dog walking, feeding, caring for sanitary conditions, and playtime.
- My tasks may also include house sitting duties such as mail retrieval, trash disposal, or anything upon the client’s requests.
- Trained adopted pets to use a litter box and walk on a leash.
- Groomed dog breeds such as Boxer, Poodle, and Schnauzer.
- Played with kittens during feed times; monitored cats’ medical treatment while sick.
- Daily cared for dogs and cats, assisted in the grooming of dogs and cats, and walked dogs and cats.
- Rehabilitated people’s pets by caring for their health needs such as grooming, routine vet visits, and medications.
- Handled all types of animals with expertise; successfully communicated with customers.
- Attended pet exhibitions and pet expositions in the community and in the country to promote neighborhood community service programs.
- Published six books on animal care; certified in dog training courses.
- Housed, trained, and comforted various animals to relieve their stress.
- Learned how to “read” the minds of animals, so they could understand what they wanted.
- Delivered animals to designated locations in a timely manner.
- Developed new-found relationships with the animals due to compassion, perseverance, and patience.
- Realized that pets require special love and care that is not meant for everyone. Pets should be reserved only for those who understand their lives’ true meaning.
- Educated clients about the importance of proper pet care, feeding, and exercise.
- Instructed families in training their pets to be obedient and to recognize safety consciousness behavior.
- Trained family pets to recognize demonstrations of safety consciousness behavior so they would not react when placed in a dangerous place.
- Performed over 200 medication administration tasks for a variety of animals including cats, dogs, fish, birds, reptiles and rabbits.
- Adapted instructions from veterinary instructions regarding geriatric care for animals.
- Overseen and oversaw the care and feeding of approximately 50 animals for 40 hours per week.
- Trained, took care of, groomed, and provided medical care to several exotic birds, reptiles, lizards, and cats.
- Adopted a kitten from the Humane Society, with whom she shared her home for several months.
- Was responsible for caring for animals during daily routines at her aunt’s boarding house; helped ease her aunt’s financial burdens by giving the animals unlimited access to their yard and garden areas.
- Trained kittens to become good pets; all kittens were adopted after their training.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make an excellent first impression, it is essential that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
I hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.