These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Diesel Mechanic resumes for your reference.
- Maintained all safety standards, and implicated them onto others before making a decision.
- Repaired or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspected, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Inspected drives, motors, belts, fluid levels, filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Responsible for performing all vehicle maintenance, component replacement and major and minor repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance, and use shop management systems and other electronic systems available to diagnose major and minor mechanical and electronic problems.
- Interact with drivers to to properly determine nature of complains.
- Work with fleet manager to determine all repairs and parts needed.
- Operated equipment such as compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Conducted routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups.
- Communicated effectively with customers on future problems and repairs that might need to be addressed.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Performed routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts.
- Diagnostics procedures utilizing Adequate software including; Insight, Cummins Engine, JPro for all other engines.
- Facilitated and trained new hires and shop crew in current company procedures.
- Diesel Mechanic with a trucking company performing preventive maintenance and repair on tractor and trailers.
- Perform repairs on trailer including tires, brakes, doors, lighting and roofs.
- Repair defects on tractors including, suspension, brakes, tires, electrical system, radiator, water pumps and air compressor.
- Getting clear information from the driver/Operator about the problem before sending a team of mechanics in terms of a break down.
- Assess whether the problem can be sorted out at the breakdown scene or bring the broken down equipment in the workshop.
- To rectify problems that arise on machines and trucks at break downs and compile job cards for each work done.
- Performed routine maintenance on diesel engine vehicles including trucks such as, changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts.
- Inspected brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines and other parts of vehicles.
- Repaired tractor trailers, trucks, and all other vehicles with a diesel engine by replacing malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Conduced repairs and hydraulic troubleshooting of all vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Advanced troubleshooting and overhaul of major diesel components to include vehicles; MTVR 7 Ton, HMMWV, MAT-V, MRAP, LVSR.
- Performed quality assurance checks and preventative maintenance, towing, starting, refueling, and cleaning, while deployed overseas and aboard US Naval Ships.
- Crossed trained Thailand military personnel in diesel operations equipment to include; Mercedes-Benz diesel systems and IETMs technical equipment publication programs.
- Test drive company vehicles, including but not limited to, trucks, buses, ambulances and other emergency vehicles, in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Provide the preventative maintenance of the company’s fleet of both, diesel and gasoline vehicles.
- Assist in the rehabilitation of vehicles that were previously disabled for long terms.
- Acquired hand-on experience in diesel engine and/or heavy vehicle maintenance, diagnosis and repair.
- Diagnosed mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable.
- Tested of simple air systems and conducted safety checks on vehicles.
- Inspected, troubleshoot and repaired a variety of heavy and light-duty truck suspension systems.
- Carries out preventative maintenance on various heavy duty trucks, including oil changes, filter replacements, greasing, inspection of breaks, and lights.
- Conducts diagnostic checks, programming, updates, and actuations using diagnostic programs such as DX 2, IDSS, Tech Tool, Xentry, and Mitsubishi.
- Performs maintenance on burner systems, including replacing spark plugs, atomizers, flame temperature sensors, fuel water separators, and the replacement of diesel particulate filters.