A fundraiser organizes fundraising activities, soliciting and gathering monetary donations for an organization. Duties include designing promotional materials, marketing, recruiting donors, promoting the organization’s mission, use multiple platforms to solicit donations, train volunteers, and maintain compliance with government requirements and regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fundraiser Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fundraiser resumes for your reference.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 1
- Conceived funding ideas for under-funded programs; achieved funding goals by approaching major donors.
- Initiated successful online fundraising campaign; increased donations by 41% within one year.
- Oversaw 110 volunteers, conducting hours of training, resulting in an outstanding performance at high-profile events.
- Assisted with planning and implementation of annual events, increasing attendance by 12%.
- Recognized for outstanding achievement as Outstanding Club Volunteer; coach of the season.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 2
- Produced outstanding results at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event; raised $2,500 during the two-day event.
- A chaired committee that designed, created, and executed a project in coordination with another organization that led to an increase in attendance at the annual fundraiser.
- Helped Children’s Hospice raise funds by developing volunteer programs that trained participants to raise funds through bake sales, car washes, 50/50 drawings, etc.
- Identified numerous opportunities to expand operations throughout the state; proposed expansion plan to Board of Directors led to doubling operation size within six months.
- Coordinated all operational procedures and activities, creatively brainstormed new concepts for events, and created a viable business plan to successfully fund the lottery for a non-profit organization.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 3
- Developed individual fundraising plans for three different non-profit organizations.
- Planned, organized, and coordinated fundraising efforts for two other non-profit organizations.
- Negotiated an arrangement with ESPN for a youth baseball tournament benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Increased the number of people attending the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Fashion Show by over 600% over last year.
- Scored full-page ad in Baseball Digest magazine, sponsored by Major League Baseball Network; raised $10,000 to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 4
- Sensed volunteer program needs of volunteer board members of organizations.
- Achieved award for being an outstanding fundraiser; effectively collected donations, spearheaded fundraising committee to ensure donations are collected on time and handled all correspondence with donors.
- Organised 2 large-scale charity events.
- Adjudicated disputes internally and clearly provided direction to volunteers involved with the event.
- Earned recognition for exceptional performance based on donation totals.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 5
- Public Relations: Designed campaigns to increase donations by 30 percent resulting in a sizable increase in funds for shelter, client services, and the development of programs.
- Fundraising Campaigns: Trained volunteers to raise one million dollars for clients’ security deposits.
- Community Relationships: Formed alliances with various businesses to develop funding opportunities.
- Annual Events Fundraising Planning and Execution: Coordinated staff members’ efforts to produce an annual event that raised over $1 million in one day.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Campaigns Planner & Executor which increased volunteer participation by 50 percent resulting in staff being able to retire early.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 6
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to donation requests.
- Organized and managed special events for 5 non-profit organizations.
- Supervised a team of volunteers during a service project at a local women’s shelter.
- Created a comprehensive database for tracking donor information, event schedules, and the impact of specific events.
- Designed a comprehensive communication plan publicizing special events and donor information on the organization’s website.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 7
- Raised over $300,000 for the organization, including 10K charity walks and other annual golf tournaments.
- Recognized as Fundraiser of the Quarter; developed a new “delegate” program that has substantially increased participation in fundraising events.
- Managed all aspects of a capital campaign: proposal development, the proposal review process, and solicitation letters and phone outreach to donors and prospects who had committed to large contributions or pledges.
- Organized all aspects of events to include marketing materials and registration for the major event; created brochure that resulted in a 200% increase in attendees at the conference.
- Rejected a percentage of applications due to a lack of fundraising ability by new recruits.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 8
- Developed a successful capital campaign by obtaining over $50,000 in new contributions and pledges for the year.
- Directed $5,000 donation from Senior Executive Director for the development of a New York City outreach program to aid those affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Mobilized existing volunteers to provide needed services during a time of crisis despite the lack of funds.
- Recognized as volunteer of the year by retail customers who appreciated my dedication and contribution to customers during a time when their lives were disrupted.
- Thanked for my valued service through an anonymous donation made in my name.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 9
- Overcame challenges to raise over $60,000 in donations for the March of Dimes while adhering to current IRS regulations regarding solicitation methods.
- Exceeded policy goal for unit size while also accommodating donors who were restricted by contract from meeting with volunteers.
- Received award for being proficient in multiple fundraising events; ability to fundraise without conflict of interest was instrumental in achieving greater support for the organization.
- Became proficient in using spreadsheet programs so that I could effectively monitor unit size while also maintaining records on over 4,000 donors.
- Accepted additional duties as a volunteer to assist other fundraising staff with preparing and filing their schedule C for tax purposes.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 10
- Able to organize, schedule, and host annual charity cocktail events.
- Raised the most money in the annual charity golf tournament for 5 years running.
- Streamlined donations process by implementing an online contribution form.
- Maintained donor database while enhancing the relationship with donors.
- Achieved award for exceeding fundraising goals by 6% annually; surpassing all other fundraisers in 6 states.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 11
- Directed organizations to generate necessary funds for fundraising events.
- Inducted members into various leadership positions within the organization.
- Adhering to proper non-profit solicitation guidelines, selected new clients each year, including establishing new fundraising campaigns.
- Achieved award of excellence for the campaign of the year for a highly successful campaign that generated new relationships and increased revenue.
- Organized two annual events; compiled data on revenue; observed all aspects of event preparation; coordinated volunteers; monitored correspondence; secured donations in excess of $75,000 (over 200 volunteers).
Fundraiser Resume Sample 12
- Accomplished goals as a member of the board of directors.
- Organized and executed 30 events for various organizations which included: fundraising, fundraising, sponsorship, and service events.
- Organized and implemented financial planning for several nonprofits working closely with advisors and managing director.
- Effectively planned and executed fundraising events including the annual golf tournament, golf outings, auctions with proceeds going to charity, etc.
- Achieved award as event organizer due to exceptional performance and participation in duties.
Fundraiser Resume Sample 13
- Raised over $80,000 in donations in six months at an annual fundraiser event for the college scholarship fund.
- Volunteered in two out of five weekends at a homeless shelter.
- Organized special events for summer campers in conjunction with allied organizations.
- Developed and coordinated youth-oriented arts and craft program at children’s hospital.
- Maintained a job shadowing program with middle, high school and college students; portrayed various professional roles such as doctor, nurse, scientist and pharmacist.
Education requirements vary, a bachelor’s degree in public relations, business, journalism, or communications is often preferred. Preferred skills include strong communication skills, computer literacy, knowledge of legal requirements, ability to schedule, ability to work efficiently, and the ability to plan successful fund-raising campaigns.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.