A Vice President of Human Resources is an executive-level position responsible for the operation of a company’s HR department. Duties include supervising management, developing strategic staffing plans, develop and deliver briefings, oversee recruitment, plan payroll, benefit, health, and safety programs, update systems, improve performance evaluations, and implement human resource software.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best VP Of Human Resources Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real VP Of Human Resources resumes for your reference.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 1
- Directed a team of twelve HR specialists in creating and delivering a best-in-class training program for new employees.
- Spearheaded development of an all-encompassing performance management plan that grew the company’s talent pool while saving costs by retaining more high performers.
- Invented line of products for human capital management, increasing revenue twentyfold in three years.
- Negotiated strategic partnership with Fortune 500 company to provide training and develop top-performing teams through continuous learning.
- Created a balanced scorecard approach to measuring employee engagement and satisfaction while setting the course for future growth by sharpening the focus on key drivers of business success.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 2
- Gained a deep understanding of the business through daily contact with members of the staff and management.
- Expanded membership from 10 to more than 20 companies in less than 7 months by recruiting highly experienced individuals in Human Resources.
- Implemented new hiring practices for Human Resource Department, resulting in staffing needs being met during busy season without delays or additional costs to company.
- Increased member benefits, including high deductible insurance plans, dental coverage, and a matching 401k program.
- Thwarted potential labor shortages during contract negotiations by establishing a formal referral system that included an employee-of-the-month incentive program.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 3
- Pioneered new recruitment and retention programs for a 400% increase in employee population.
- By being promoted to VP of human resources, solidified the companies first ever diversity policy that enhanced a positive company image as a people friendly business.
- Proven track record for leading high-tech firm into an international corporation by managing all aspects of corporate expansion from warehouses to purchasing departments across four states.
- Promoted five levels through progressive human resource management positions to establish expertise in organizational development and change management leadership.
- Championed cost-effective strategies reducing attrition rates an average of 23% within 3 years; received award from the regional vice president for best business decision of the year.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 4
- Hire, train, and develop a team of 800 employees in a global company.
- Led an expansion plan that resulted in $6 million increase in revenue within 12 months.
- Recruited and hired 40 executive level employees with over 100 years of combined industry experience.
- Improved the top line performance by 28% while achieving efficient cost savings through attrition and natural turnover.
- Oversee all areas of human resources to include compensation, benefits, safety/wellness, employee relations, employment processing and EEO compliance for 1 billion dollars in sales.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 5
- Strategically rationalized company’s human resources position.
- Successfully brought outside expertise and executive-level experience in HR management to achieve an increase in staff efficiency and improvement of revenue growth.
- Managed entire recruitment process; hired several entry level positions, supervisors, management personnel, and executives.
- Successfully implemented employee recognition program including incentives such as cash prizes and gift cards awarded after conducting annual self-evaluations.
- Promoted the acquisition of international franchise through developing infrastructure systems to guide organization towards future prosperity.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 6
- Consolidated 30 layoffs into three groups of ten through Committee on Reduction in Force.
- Reduced organizational turnover rate by 69% within the first 18 months.
- Assessed feasibility of conducting an internal vacancy audit to streamline hiring procedures, saving the company over $70,000 annually.
- Pioneered local Human Resource Management Association’s Employee Advisory Council-a volunteer organization committed to increasing communication within the HR department and among employees while reducing communication costs for the company.
- Increased revenue by more than 15% for five consecutive quarters through effective recruiting strategies that targeted specific occupational groups that responded well to direct mail marketing campaigns.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 7
- Directed all aspects of human resources management for a Fortune 500 company.
- Trained employees in sales techniques and oversaw a 15% increase in sales in the first year, including a new product launch.
- Managed relations with current and former employees during litigation against employer, earning recognition from executives for professional conduct and attention to detail.
- Pioneered innovative processes for hiring qualified applicants at low cost that increased ROI by 10%. Achieved 100% success rate on initial hire selections within 3 weeks.
- Oversaw security company merger process from negotiation to implementation stages; recognized by senior managers for effective communication skills, business acumen, organizational abilities, teamwork, and problem solving.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 8
- HUD Secretary and White House Fellow; first tenured female and youngest to serve as an Executive in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of General Counsel.
- Developed policies that positively impacted government employees, members of Congress, clients, contractors, visitors, etc. within the sub-agencies under HUD’s administrative jurisdiction.
- Implemented human resources management practices to reduce reported grievances by 3% each year through proactive efforts with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), etc.; recognized by OSHA for outstanding performance using their “Rapid Response” system before any complaint was filed against the agency for alleged violations.
- Increased diversity within agency after guiding cross-functional teams to elevate recruitment and retention programs that resulted in the hiring of seven female managers, 39% visible minority hires, and 24% disabled Americans.
- Energized organizational effectiveness by 3% each year through training initiatives; recognized as the benchmark for other federal agencies regarding training and development practices.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 9
- Efficiently managed the entire HR function of a Multinational company operating in over 50 countries.
- Acted as a liaison between management and employees on an array of issues including discipline, performance evaluations, compensation decisions, training programs, inclusion initiatives for diversity/inclusion groups, and health & welfare plans.
- Pioneered global human resource solutions by overseeing development of standard policies & procedures across all locations worldwide.
- Achieved top-level performance from staff through coaching & counseling resulting in improved productivity rates of 85%.
- Reviewed legal mandates during negotiations that resulted in increased image with customers and compliance with federal regulations under Sarbanes-Oxley.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 10
- Spearheaded innovative marketing campaign to incorporate company training with clients’ sales initiatives by implementing the “Train to Gain” program.
- Orchestrated design and launch of new hiring methodology; implemented streamlined processes, enhanced workflow dynamics, and increased overall success rate for new employee matching.
- Reached a 98% retention rate by transferring values of respect, accountability, commitment to excellence, and ownership through regular correspondence and interaction with departmental staff members.
- Established a performance management system that enabled a 30% increase in revenue by developing high-quality customer service standards across all relevant departments.
- Elevated HR’s visibility as an essential part of senior management team during leadership transition from former CEO to new company ownership by integrating essential elements of HR, financial, and operational goals into the new strategic plan.
VP Of Human Resources Resume Sample 11
- Trained employees, managers, and executives in effective selection, development, and performance management techniques to maximize individual and company performance.
- Developed executive recruiting program to recruit senior level human resources leaders; recognized by National Human Resources Management Association for outstanding achievement.
- Assisted business unit president with planning and implementing the first corporate-wide compensation plan; position included supervising a staff of ten individuals.
- Provided employee assistance program leadership that increased productivity by 15% while reducing turnover by 42% over three years period.
- Guided enterprise resource planning project through final stages of design, specification, prototyping to full implementation within 12 months time frame.
A master’s degree in human resources or business administration along with previous experience working as an HR Director is required. Skills to succeed as a VP of HR includes in-depth knowledge about human resource processes, knowledge of legal regulations, experience with employer branding, knowledge of all aspects of HR management, strong critical thinking skills, strong time-management skills, supervisory experience, SPHR certification, and excellent communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.