An Extruder Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining machines that draw out thermoplastic or metal materials into hoses, bars, tubes, rods, wires, or structures. Duties include reading and interpreting blueprints or drawings, setting dials and controls to ensure correct dimensions, measuring and testing the product to meets expectations, activating and adjusting extruding machines, and maintaining equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Extruder Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Extruder Operator resumes for your reference.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 1
- Trained to run and operate a wide range of extrusion equipment.
- Identified opportunities for improvement in manufacturing processes, resulting in decreased defect rates and increased efficiency.
- Implemented safety programs that resulted in an overall company safety record four times better than the industry average.
- Recognized as a team leader for contributions toward improved material flow throughout plant operations.
- Completed training courses for Hazardous Materials Handling (HazMat), OSHA Prone Position, Forklift Operator (LO), and Confined Space Entry.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 2
- Extruded and inspected welded pipe for structural applications.
- Identified equipment malfunctions; loaded, adjusted, and monitored the extrusion of the different material types such as PVC, ABS, and high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Provided proper documentation using specific nonconformance forms per company guidelines; identified corrective action results to minimize product inconsistencies.
- Met all production rates; contributed to less than 1% scrap material on total cost of operation.
- Achieved goal of no re-work on out-of-specification products after implementing a new QC procedure.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw production of printing equipment components with a team of five employees.
- Recognized by supervisor for ability to identify and implement operational improvements, resulting in reduced cost per unit.
- Trained first replacement successfully, including introduction to all co-workers, safety procedures, logistics, and departmental workflow.
- Part of a team that made final presentation for company’s promotion as one of the top 10% suppliers to GMAC Auto Parts worldwide.
- Earned certification from the Plant Safety Committee as comprehensive solution provider for process gas systems throughout plant after completing extensive training on design, operation, testing and equipment maintenance.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 4
- Regulated extrusion system to the desired temperature to ensure optimum output of material.
- Identified die openings that needed to be cleaned and made necessary repairs, sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Held responsibility for operating entire shift; made all necessary decisions regarding equipment repair, production changes, and work scheduling.
- Detected malfunctions in extruders by monitoring temperature levels; recognized as an expert on die maintenance.
- Participated in the development of new processing techniques using existing equipment; successfully completed a 30% increase in annual output.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 5
- Received second highest production rate among the extruders.
- Recognized for sustained performance as a top-three extruder operator after achieving bonus three times during one year.
- Contributed to cost reduction of materials by implementing new ideas which helped lower scrap rates and product loss.
- Achieved improvement in quality measurements through increased product testing, reducing defects, and increasing first pass yield.
- Wrote and executed an effective project plan to reduce manufacturing cycle time using Lean Manufacturing; recognized by Plant manager.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 6
- Developed and implemented a new loading system that reduced material loss by 20% and increased extrusion line output by 10%.
- Reduced the energy costs for running an extrusion machine by 15% using a new loading method.
- Transformed an inefficient, manual operation into an efficient process resulting in peak production levels.
- Led a group of 5 employees through direct training to make sure all equipment was up and running smoothly during peak demand periods.
- Recognized as one of our top performers; consistently demonstrated the ability to make professional decisions and suggestions, identify problems and opportunities, while strengthening company results.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 7
- Increased production to record levels by following standard operating procedures and adjusting equipment as necessary.
- Reduced scrap rate from 22% to less than 1% by identifying and solving material handling problems.
- Developed an innovative process for effective removal of insulation without causing damage that was subsequently adopted company-wide.
- Improved morale among employees after assuming the role of acting supervisor during a critical time and communicating employee needs to management.
- Enabled plant recovery from disaster by installing temporary equipment, rebuilding damaged components, and training operators within one month of reopening.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 8
- Setup extruder for molding of clay; responsible for implementation of all standards and procedures to ensure quality.
- Maintained constant speed of extrusion on 12-hour rotating night shift; reduced downtime by 50% by replacing worn out parts with available spares, improvising repairs according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Performed preventative maintenance procedures daily; estimated time for machine repair accurately and reported potential problems to supervisor to create an action plan.
- Ensured that production goals were met by monitoring machines, running samples through testing equipment, and repairing any deviations beyond acceptable limits.
- Facilitated exchange of technology between Germany and the United States after working closely with engineers from both countries, resulting in new automated line installation at customer site.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw the production of 10,000 lbs. of recycled plastic per shift for use in high-quality tricycles with low environmental impact.
- Developed a new extruder screw design to increase output by 10%. Enabled extra production contract work through increased capacity.
- Evaluated product specifications and developed raw material mixes to produce the best possible recyclable products.
- Tested polymer samples at plant laboratory to determine resin compound properties before proceeding with further cell operation.
- Reduced usage of hydrochloric acid by increasing pH balance through waste water treatment for increased process efficiency and product quality.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 10
- Planned, directed, and supervised all aspects of personnel training for effective workforce management.
- Identified opportunities for improvement in the extrusion system by developing and implementing new tooling to increase production rates by 20%.
- Provided excellent customer service when dealing with upset customers on the phone.
- Elevated departmental safety compliance scores by creating, organizing, and conducting rigorous safety training sessions for all employees.
- Achieved perfect score on final machine operator performance evaluation; recognized by corporate management and peers alike as a dedicated and dependable team player.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 11
- Operated extruder to ensure that products meet specifications; monitored production equipment, including plasticizers, screw heaters, metering pumps, and hydraulic presses.
- Provided technical assistance for customers’ questions about product sizing and application.
- Reviewed records of material usage to determine reasons for deviations in color or concentration levels; made recommendations to improve processes.
- Maintained clean factory environment by removing scrap materials following procedures to limit exposure to dusts and fumes.
- Reduced employee turnover rate by conducting job training so employees could increase knowledge an skills through increasing their pay rates upon exceeding company standards.
Extruder Operator Resume Sample 12
- Excelled in the use of robotics to process plastic pellets into finished goods.
- Oversaw automation of new extrusion lines with CAD/CAM systems.
- Played key role in implementing Total Quality Management principles.
- Pioneered more efficient methods for cleaning and maintaining equipment, while reducing lost time accidents by 50%.
- Collaborated on design of a continuous-flow reactor for more efficient production of customized polymer blends.
A high school diploma or GED are common, but no formal experience is required, and on-the-job training usually lasts about a year. Extruder Operators must be detail-oriented, physically fit, work independently and with a team, have analytical, mathematic, adaptability, and trouble-shooting skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.