An Automotive Service Advisor is the liaison between management, service technicians, and customers. Their duties include overseeing the dealership’s schedule and operation, greeting customers and answers service questions, verifying vehicle insurance and warranties, assisting service technicians with determining repair timelines and cost estimates, scheduling service appointments and prepares repair orders, and maintaining strong customer relationships.
To work as an Automotive Service Advisor, you need a high school diploma or equivalent with a preference for an Associate’s degree in Mechanics and experience in the automotive field or a service advisor role. Automotive Service Advisors should demonstrate excellent customer service and organization, knowledge of automotive technology and service procedures, an aptitude for mathematics and research reporting, knowledge of equipment maintenance and safety management, and proficiency with industry-specific software.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Automotive Service Advisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Automotive Service Advisor resumes for your reference.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 1
- Opportunities to learn and develop in a fast-paced, growing service business.
- Provided technical advice on repairs to all makes and models of vehicles, including special interest cars.
- Worked closely with technicians and other shop personnel to maintain proper inventory levels of parts used for repairs.
- Acted as liaison between managers and customers; helped resolve complaints by taking the necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Developed knowledge of new vehicle systems during training sessions on state-of-the art technology for fuel injection and engine management systems.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 2
- Introduced innovative ideas for improving customer experience and overall satisfaction in the automotive service industry.
- Exposed to all aspects of dealership, including parts department, finance department, and sales department.
- Recognized by management team as top performer four consecutive months; recognized by General Manager for excellence in customer service skills.
- Received award for demonstrating exceptional courtesy toward customers; recognized by peers at 6 month anniversary celebration banquet.
- Invited to become Vice President role model representative for local chapter of chamber-sponsored Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBEC).
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 3
- Formulated vehicle trouble resolution procedures resulting in reduced customer wait times of over 40%.
- Championed the development of an OEM (original equipment manufacturing) parts importing program.
- Promoted to automotive service supervisor through exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail, ensuring adherence to dealership standards which resulted in significant increases in sales ($10,000 /day).
- Implemented a customer retention clinic, causing increased damage business ($15K/month) with existing customers.
- Identified three opportunities for departmental improvement by using available data analysis tools. Updated staff about results which led to streamlined functions, reduced costs ($45K/quarter), and superior performance reviews.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 4
- Achieved number one ranking in company for closing 4-year customer retention.
- Managed group of ten employees, including ordering parts and supplies; reviewing vehicle documentation; authorizing warranty repairs; scheduling appointments; processing payments; verifying work performed.
- Introduced new state-of-the-art inventory control methods that improved inventory turnover rate by 25%.
- Solved problem with persistent stalling in the service bay after thorough testing of engine components, wiring harnesses, and sensors.
- Recruited to join logistics consulting firm based on excellence in quality assurance and outstanding ability to execute processes.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 5
- Measured service quality with a 98% success rate, leading to repeat business from new car dealerships.
- Promoted in 2010 to Service Advisor based on proven leadership and customer service skills.
- Conducted seminars at high schools in the community promoting career opportunities in automotive related fields; recognized by Ford Dealer Association for exemplary participation.
- Established rapport with various dealership management teams, developing strong relationships that increase both sales and referrals.
- Spearheaded efforts to create new parts purchasing program between supplier and dealership; led negotiation team consisting of top level dealership managers during acquisition of over $650,000 worth of parts inventory.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 6
- Advised over 80,000 customers on necessary auto repairs and maintenance.
- Provided environment for 75 technicians to complete duties in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of workmanship.
- Achieved the highest customer satisfaction ratings by resolving issues quickly through effective problem solving techniques.
- Developed solid business partnerships with neighboring garages and dealerships which allowed for increased sales and referrals.
- Identified and resolved parts and service issues by creating efficient relationships with vendors, developing strong communication skills, and researching industry trends.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 7
- Consistently met and exceeded the departmental production goals by 25%; recognized by shop management as a top performer.
- Assisted in managing over $250,000 per month in wholesale parts and accessory accounts; recommended corrective actions and ongoing reports to improve processes.
- Innovated software interface with dealer network to increase parts availability, decrease costs, and reduce labor time; successfully completed testing phases.
- Revised current process of ordering along with the development of new process for use throughout entire dealership utilizing Microsoft software tools.
- Effectively maintained good rapport with customers, dealerships, suppliers, vendors & managers on all levels.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 8
- Provide customers with technical information, sales literature, and access to the parts counter.
- Sell new vehicles while providing customers with financial options.
- Repair current vehicle stock by assessing mechanical damage, diagnosing problems by examining under-hood components, and communicating recommendations for repairs.
- Handle minor booking of repairs. Properly document work performed in an electronic database upon completion of all repairs.
- Manage inventory through customer requests, incoming shipments, and outgoing orders; ensure availability of most requested items in stock at all times. Execute shipment coordination using most cost effective shipping methods available within parameters set by business process or organization standards.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 9
- Exceeded expectations in all metrics by achieving high customer satisfaction ratings and exemplary performance in cost-per-vehicle metric.
- Introduced an innovative warranty tracking system that expedited the processing of warranties and improved dealer relations.
- Planned and executed a successful cross-functional team training session on Tire Warranties, reinforcing quality and teamwork among employees.
- Familiar with DOT regulations and collaborated with management to ensure compliance; devised new procedures for managing the installation process to ensure accuracy.
- Reinforced corporate values by restructuring policies related to delivery of parts inventory orders for maximum efficiency, increasing parts revenue by 12%.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 10
- Efficiently and effectively coordinate all customer contacts with the dealership to ensure a smooth process.
- Present highly accurate figures on vehicle inventory levels, sales projections, financial status, and rate of sale.
- Supervised a group of technicians in a constantly paced work environment by setting clear goals that increased efficiency.
- Provided quality service for customers who had been stranded from various car breakdowns throughout the city.
- Increased profits by offering upgraded services such as tire rotation, oil change/tire balance/alignment inspection without increasing cost to the company’s clients.
Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 11
- Promoted to the highest proficiency level as a result of completing dealership’s training program and achieving high scores on dealer satisfaction surveys.
- Handled all aspects of vehicle preparation for customer pick-up; researched needed part information, inventoried parts, and performed thorough inspections and adjustments.
- Provided accurate pricing and repair estimates by researching required repairs, tracking down parts prices, and processing warranty claims.
- Demonstrated affinity to learn new systems quickly; mastered inventory procedures within three months; recommended changes to improve productivity.
- Personalized service center for local community – hosted holiday parties (Christmas) that included food, beverages, games for children,/dancing with Santa Claus.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Automotive Service Advisor Resume Samples
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 1
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 2
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 3
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 4
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 5
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 6
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 7
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 8
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 9
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 10
- Automotive Service Advisor Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up