Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) design engineers are responsible for developing and designing complex Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Their duties include ensuring designs meet product performance requirements, designing test methodologies, assigning responsibilities to other engineers, preparing work progress reports, adhering to organizational regulations and training junior engineers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best ASIC Design Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real ASIC Design Engineer resumes for your reference.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Developed computer models to understand the atomic structure of silicon; used those models to analyze materials at different temperatures and pressures.
- Performed research and analysis of computer models to evaluate the performance and reliability of various types of electronic components, such as memory modules.
- Suggested modifications to a previously developed computer model that would improve statistical analysis.
- Discovered a defect in a batch of computers that was eliminated by further research and development efforts.
- Received outstanding quality award for ensuring that all product design specifications were met prior to mass production.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Successfully designed the ASIC circuit using the Xcell platform; worked with a team of four engineers and two technicians.
- Received recognition for outstanding performance and commitment to customer service; managed calls and emails from customers regarding problems encountered with the company’s latest product line.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; performed tests on latest product line; thoroughly tested new design to ensure it provided optimum user experience.
- Met customer satisfaction guidelines by effectively addressing customer concerns and responding to requests within three working days after receiving the requests.
- Recognized as an integral member of my team because I consistently perform beyond standards by exceeding expectations.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Developed a concept to address the failure of a device, where the device failure caused the device to short circuit and explode. The concept also addressed the initial concept as well as potential improvements.
- Completed design for an electrical hand tool with integrated circuit and battery attached, which enables users to perform various mechanical tasks such as cutting cloth or fabric.
- Designed power supply for multiple devices and their handheld control systems and successfully passed power supply testing, including burn-in testing and final certification before delivery .
- Mastered electronic circuitry design with emphasis on industry standard specifications such as SPARKM.
- Collaborated with the Texas Instruments team to develop a simulation product for embedded systems and passed initial testing and final certification, and delivered product on time and within budget.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Reduced manufacturing costs by designing ASICs for routers, servers, and other devices to decrease the number of chips needed.
- Designed an ASIC that allowed IBM to reduce power consumption by 80 percent; gained corporate recognition for outstanding performance.
- Completed 10 major projects in less than 6 months; recognized for saving corporation $24 million through design improvements.
- Launched into orbit 300 commercial satellites that were 10 times more efficient than previous models; received award for reducing the overall cost of launching satellites.
- Received award for developing innovative new type of interconnect technology; received patent for interconnect technology improvements to reduce cost and improve overall quality of products manufactured.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Performed routine routine tasks as a result of a design software error that affected a circuit breaker. Was praised for solving the problem and received a helpful suggestion from an engineering team lead.
- Successfully supported the preliminary design team for their project from an engineering perspective; prevented potential errors from occurring which could have been costly to the client. Was praised for making good engineering decision at client’s request based on my knowledge of architecture required for this project. Also, was praised by the client because I solved their problem quickly and accurately without further communication with them.
- Received award for outstanding communication skills; fully addressed client concerns in full sentences within 24 hours of receiving communication.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; designed and built circuit breaker with less than 1% failure rate in this project. Maintained a consistent code of excellence and professionalism in this and other projects.
- Successfully supported the final design team for their project from an engineering perspective; prevented potential errors from occurring which could have been costly to the client. Was praised for making good engineering decision at client’s request based on my knowledge of architecture required for this project.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Developed a small device to extract moisture from the air. The device used a small vacuum, fan, and heating element to extract moisture from the air that was then passed through a gas to extract the moisture from the air.
- Developed a temperature controller for a temperature monitor based off one created by Dr. Fujimoto of Stanford University for his research on climate change. This temperature monitor used a microcontroller, LCD screen with an alarm LED, and temperature sensor. The microcontroller controlled the LCD screen and allowed for the monitoring of temperature over a period of time. When the set point was reached, it would trigger an alarm to notify the user of such.
- Developed a technique using a small amount of current to measure humidity; it worked with an LED and two resistors. The current passing through the LED would decrease with increasing humidity and vice versa. I used this tool to measure my saltwater tank and learned that my aquarium needed moister added to it.
- Developed a method of measuring rainfall for a solar calculator. The device used a small fan to measure the velocity of air generated by passing raindrops over an “E” shaped piece of wood. This generated a voltage that was then calibrated using some basic math and some measurements I had made on the speed of air generated over some water droplets as part of my science fair project in school. The device was able to detect rain and also detect large amounts of rain. The device was eventually donated to my Science Professor.
- Developed a method of removing moisture from the air using a small amount of energy from a solar cell installed on a roof. The solar cell converted the heat energy emitted from the sun directly into electricity and was used to power a fan. This fan would pull in moist air and pass it over a salt solution which would reduce the moisture to leave only dry air behind.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Integrated multiple sensor systems for a multimillion dollar application to provide real time information of train performance and safety.
- Designed custom ASICs and FPGAs for a multimillion dollar safety product line used to provide video analysis of behavior, health, and human interaction that integrated with Video Management Systems from Video Solutions.
- Designed custom board-level products to interface audio/video solutions from Video Solutions, Inc. with PCs from IBM to provide audio/video solutions in a PC-based platform.
- Performed R&D on Video Solutions’ future product lines including designing and integrating analog and digital PICs into the “Pico-Projector”.
- Descriptions of specific duties are too numerous to mention.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Reduced number of ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) functional error rates from 63% to 16% through effective management of design, development, and manufacture teams.
- Successfully introduced new 32-bit processing module; streamlined manufacturing process; reduced time-to-market by three months.
- Led team responsible for reducing manufacturing costs by 40% and lowering total product cost by 5%.
- Developed leading edge programmable logic device; achieved highest performance levels in early release quantities.
- Modernized product line with industry leading products; increased year over year growth by 25%.
ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Performed internal and external technical evaluation for electrical and mechanical design projects to provide solutions to issues.
- Developed and designed electronic circuits to meet high standards of performance for power electronics, input/output interfaces, and diagnostics.
- Served as the project manager for the development of an energy management system (EMS) and a distributed control system (DCS) to improve energy efficiency of a large steel mill plant.
- Designed systems for surveillance, security, and lighting control in power plants; implemented concepts in prototypes across the country.
- Developed project management skills for systems integration projects by successfully completing confidential business proposals while providing assistance with future projects.
To work as an ASIC design engineer, you require a bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or its equivalent and a Professional Engineer (PE) license. ASIC design engineers must demonstrate problem-solving skills, analytical skills, communication skills, technical skills, creativity, organizational skills and critical thinking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best ASIC Design Engineer Resume Samples
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 1
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 2
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 3
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 4
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 5
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 6
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 7
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 8
- ASIC Design Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Wrap Up