The Insurance Adviser provides financial advice for clients on retirement planning, investing and protecting against risks. Their duties include completing financial needs analysis, creating and explaining customized plans, offering special financial guidance, meeting with clients, assessing financial photos, analyzing clients’ risks, and encouraging clients to invest in the future.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Advisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Advisor resumes for your reference.
Advisor Resume Sample 1
- Streamlined processes by standardizing the workflow of customers, resulting in a 25% increase in productivity. Worked with multiple departments to ensure that work procedures were executed efficiently, increasing customer retention rates.
- Provided excellent customer service by handling 700+ customer issues using existing systems and programs through email, telephone calls, and online chat assistance. Resolved complex issues within department guidelines following company policies and procedures.
- Performed data entry for claims documents via various computer applications; resolved system errors that occurred during data entry process.
- Reviewed claim files for adherence to policy requirements; made recommendations to adjust file or revise information to ensure compliance with company requirements. Identified areas of concern not previously noted by supervisor and brought issues to the attention of management.
- Monitored and maintained technology systems by researching new software solutions; provided recommendations for changes in the system.
Advisor Resume Sample 2
- Prepared presentations for clients, highlighting the benefits of choosing our company to provide medical and dental insurance.
- Identified issues with billing that did not match customer statements and researched records and requirements to resolve discrepancies. Identified and resolved potential problems through effective communication. Resolved more complicated issues with supervisor assistance.
- Provided support in all aspects of claims investigation, verification, and processing; updated customers on claim status by telephone or email; gathered necessary information from other departments such as legal or quality control depending on circumstances.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of product lines offered by the company to ensure thorough understanding of coverage options available to our customers; educated prospective customers about new products and services offered by the company.
- Provided guidance to customers by informing them of their options and resources so they could make informed decisions about medical benefits; updated customers on new changes or options that might be available to them.
Advisor Resume Sample 3
- Designed a new life insurance policy with a combination of features not available from other companies. Developed a simple, clear quote system that was highly-functional and adaptable to various products.
- Authored an in-house training program for existing staff on the benefits of the new products; trained over 40 advisors in less than one month.
- Identified new business opportunities in real estate lending, commercial transactions, and long term care insurance; won two national awards for exceptional results selling commercial products.
- Evaluated several states’ rules governing commission payments on variable annuity contracts (VA), identifying discrepancies among the states; drafted memos describing inconsistencies found with proposed solutions to remedy issues.
- Authored a new annuity contract with a retirement planning guide that was adopted by the company.
Advisor Resume Sample 4
- Provided advice to customers on the phone regarding their insurance coverage, resolving any problems or concerns. Maintained customer satisfaction by completing follow-up calls with dissatisfied customers.
- Promoted cross-selling of products and services within assigned accounts by developing personal rapport with clients; recommended new products during initial meetings with clients.
- Coordinated resources to resolve complaints by researching company policy and citing policy numbers for accuracy; established relationships between potential vendors and supervisors to ensure proper resolution of complaints.
- Analyzed crop records as part of a team that conducted research on historic trends in agriculture yields as a possible indicator of future trends based on weather patterns, soil conditions, etc. Prepared reports summarizing findings from the analysis.
- Identified insurance claim trends by identifying changes in claim volumes, evaluating claim severity, and conducting an investigation to determine whether suspicious claims were legitimate or fraudulent. Prepared reports summarizing the findings of the investigations.
Advisor Resume Sample 5
- Grew client base by 25% within one year, establishing rapport with more than 100 clients. Identified key accounts that had the potential to become long-term relationships through communication with existing clients and referrals.
- Monitored client accounts on a daily basis, assessing which policies were expiring or due for review; ordered new policies; distributed information packets to appropriate customer service representatives; communicated renewal requirements to insurance company liaison via email or telephone communication.
- Prepared weekly analysis report of client accounts in spreadsheet format, analyzing data trends across all lines of coverage in order to identify opportunities for growth.
- Provided additional support in areas where needed in a fast-paced environment by working closely with department supervisor to assist with filing, photocopying, faxing, and scanning as needed.
- Replaced department supervisor during her maternity leave for four weeks using predetermined goals to complete daily tasks. Ensured that all work was completed on schedule and communicated any issues to the department head who handled client accounts while she was out of office.
Advisor Resume Sample 6
- Advised clients on financial investment products, including stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, and college savings plans.
- Provided customer support by responding to client inquiries via email or telephone. Trained new traders in the use of online platforms and helped them create trading workflows.
- Collaborated with internal departments to ensure that client-facing initiatives were well received by customers. Created internal marketing concepts that targeted potential investors. Created reports based on data reporting requirements for internal analytics initiative.
- Enhanced experience by recommending products that would help grow client portfolios using market research tools in collaboration with subject matter experts in all areas of finance. Assigned competitor analysis activities to team members in order to discover new business opportunities for business units.
- Improved customer relationships by identifying and resolving client concerns, researching complex account problems, and offering solutions to clients with outstanding issues.
Advisor Resume Sample 7
- Interacted with clients to provide information about policies, explain any regulations or restrictions, and determine their needs.
- Prepared proposals for insurance coverage based on specific client needs. Coordinated meetings between clients and company experts to ensure accurate policy interpretation.
- Identified trends in customer needs in order to make recommendations regarding coverage types beneficial to the majority of clients.
- Liaised between internal departments in order to resolve issues that arose during the underwriting process. Worked closely with Accounts Receivable department to ensure effective communication flow regarding payment plans for customers who needed an extended time period to pay premiums due upon receipt.
- Presented new policies at quarterly meetings, explaining practices recommended by business analysts and their expected effects.
Advisor Resume Sample 8
- Oversaw the development and implementation of company-wide goals, objectives, and policies to ensure achievement of maximum sales in assigned market areas.
- Managed production process for 35 people in ensuring consistent quality control standards were met in all programs produced by the department.
- Recruited, hired, trained, supervised staff consisting of program managers who increased profits by over $100 million annually since joining the firm.
- Achieved sales increase of 20% in annual quota when supporting marketing campaigns for major accounts throughout the region.
- Received Silver Award; presented with an award for outstanding performance at National Sales Conference.
Advisor Resume Sample 9
- Levered company’s corporate relationships to secure a $50,000 donation for the local scholarship fund.
- Crafted proposals that resulted in over $125,000 in contracts with new clients from various industries.
- Saved company from potential legal action by researching and preparing appropriate documentation for an overseas contract follow-up.
- Influenced a key business decision resulting in a significant increase in revenue for the next fiscal year.
- Orchestrated a conference call among 20+ parties efficiently while representing the sales team at two trade shows simultaneously.
Advisor Resume Sample 10
- Led over 100 clients in the purchase, sale, or refinancing of $17 million worth of residential properties.
- Taught clients about debt reduction and how to make mortgage payments more manageable.
- Produced sales two times greater than the average salesperson during the first year with the company.
- Showed ability to learn new functions quickly by formatting accounting software for generating reports concerning the status of current accounts receivable.
- Halved time required for opening boxes upon receiving an assignment to build a warehouse inventory system that included barcoding all products for easy storage and retrieval.
Advisor Resume Sample 11
- Developed highly advanced training programs in leadership, firearms, and foreign weapons for Marine Corps Special Operations Unit.
- Exhibited profound performance as a demolitions specialist by placing 70% of prescribed charges within 1-meter accuracy.
- Conducted 100+ tasks that involved transporting people and equipment to in-country locations in a combat environment in a manner that increased the effectiveness of the unit’s ability to operate.
- Effectively managed hardware, software, data security systems; contributed 19 years experience in planning and building information technology networks across government agencies worldwide.
- Expanded knowledge base through extensive research opportunities during work on classified projects requiring the collection of personnel information from adjacent units.
To work as an Insurance Adviser, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in finance or related field and a state license. The Insurance Adviser must have a CFP certification, professional appearance, patience, positive attitude good written and oral communication skills, customer service skills, listening and problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.