A Probate Paralegal works closely with a lawyer or law firm to assist with daily duties to keep cases organized and on track. A probate paralegal can be responsible for assisting a lawyer, drafting documents, preparing documents, presenting forms and documents to the court, collecting information, talking with clients, and keeping cases organized.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Probate Paralegal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Probate Paralegal resumes for your reference.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Reviewed, researched, and drafted legal documents for a client’s Probate Estate case; was called to defend an estate against fraudulent claims.
- Achieved the most favorable recommendation for a judge in a contested legal matter that caused a settlement.
- Distinguished herself as an effective member of the legal team by recommending appropriate counsel to the court.
- Assisted with Postmortem Estate Administration preparation from beginning to end; also assisted with transferring assets from probate estate to possession of survivors.
- Transcribed lengthy depositions for future court proceedings; included legal terms and definitions for future use in preparing court briefs.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Aided the paralegal in researching, preparing, and drafting legal documents.
- Knew how to explain any document’s relevance to the probate proceedings.
- Created calendars of court appearances and other various administrative activities for clients.
- Attended meetings, conferences, and seminars to update knowledge pertaining to organizational procedures.
- Worked with the client in preparation of tax returns and estate planning advice.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Successfully drafted documents for probate and trust settlements including letters, deeds, wills, etc.
- Obtained easy access to vital information through database research.
- Acted as a liaison between our client and the customer service representatives of various companies such as banks, insurance companies, utility companies, etc.
- Handled all court matters from filing to judgment with good communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Performed duties as part of a paralegal team including but not limited to case research, preparing discovery requests and responses, deposing witnesses, and attending hearings; virtually eliminating attorney workload while providing valuable assistance.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Interpreted wills, powers of attorney, and trust deeds.
- Drafted business entity documentation including names and addresses of clients.
- Created Wills and Trusts for executor or co-executor of the estate.
- Assisted clients with the proper handling of assets through estate planning.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate records and evidence law.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Researched and analyzed numerous documents, including but not limited to, deeds, trust instruments, estate administration documents, and wills; drafted correspondence.
- Supported attorneys by performing duties such as composing pleadings and drafting orders pursuant to court rules.
- Maintained accurate case files by maintaining a log of each proceeding in the case.
- Acted as liaison between client and attorney by scheduling appointments, answering telephone calls, and providing information to clients when requested.
- Studied real property laws pertaining to clients’ interests in real estate; researched title issues; prepared bills for work performed.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- Worked on 300+ cases over a period of 7 years representing payees and creditors.
- Researched and gathered evidence on cases representing different financial institutions as well as private individuals.
- Processed legal documentation requesting Federal Creditors’ committees to hold Internet Auctions for properties owned by the F.D.I.C., which represented seller’s interests during insolvency proceedings (i.e.: “Probate Paralegal”).
- Conducted auctions for foreclosed real estate using the Internet through local multiple listing services.
- Maintained awareness of real estate trends in my local market area to remain one step ahead of the competition.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Researched, compiled, and prepared supporting documentation for estate administration cases.
- Determined if documents required for probate petitions were in order and verified the accuracy of data contained within documents.
- Drafted legal pleadings, including a petition for probate and letters authenticating executors’ powers of attorney.
- Investigated assets of decedents to determine the size of estates, whether the property had been transferred to decedent’s beneficiaries prior to death, and amount due to beneficiaries.
- Drafted a personal injury complaint, petition, and lis pendens (in the case of a pending probate hearing) which resulted in the payment of the plaintiff’s attorney fees and expenses.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Researched legal precedents and located related cases to ascertain the appropriate course of action.
- Interviewed witnesses as needed to validate statements in the documentation.
- Worked closely with a lead attorney in structuring probate proceedings.
- Met strict deadlines in completing tasks assigned by the managing partner.
- Developed working relationships with local administrators and trust officers, enhancing their respect for the office.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- May 2004-present represented clients in adoption, financial, and probate matters.
- Assisted clients with estate planning, probate, and trust capacities.
- Performed legal research for clients on IRS rulings, bankruptcy filings, and wills.
- Drafted legal documents for client matters such as powers of attorneys and trust agreements.
- Founded Family Law Practice Group at St. Catherine of Siena Parish; advised clients on creating estate plans (trusts/probate).
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Processed estate plans of over 100 estates, primarily representing the children of the deceased.
- Understood and applied the requirements of Probate Code §1090.2 in an effective manner for responding to clients’ questions, concerns, and/or needs at various times.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain necessary forms from various offices and departments within state government and office of general counsel.
- Followed statutory obligations regarding record retention, filing, indexing, and archiving methods (typically in accordance with IOLTA policies).
- Recognized by Judge Carl Betz as the most efficient paralegal (in 2007) in Ventura County Probate Court.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- Processed hundreds of trust and estate cases, including drafting trusts for elderly people whose spouses are deceased.
- Conducted research on the law of wills, probates, and estate administration.
- Performed financial calculations and prepared retirement plans.
- Organized interviews, investigations, and depositions to locate missing assets and locate heirs in estates.
- Drafted documents to protect beneficiaries and devices from legal challenges that may arise in the probate process.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Provided support and assistance to the trustee, and other professionals while performing client service duties as required.
- Gave advice on how to structure a trust; supported the trustee’s requests for updated trust documents and executed them.
- Provided advice regarding conveyance of real property, preparation of estate tax returns, preparation of Wills, and administration at the state level.
- Helped the victim through the legal process by keeping records of court hearing dates, talking with attorneys, obtaining notary services when necessary, sending out letters to service providers, and sending out payments on behalf of the victim’s account.
- Managed custody modification hearings and ensured that they were run properly.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Handled the legal aspects of the administration of the estate of a client to the satisfaction of all parties during probate litigation and trial.
- Developed legal documents, including wills, trusts, deeds, and other legal instruments.
- Worked with a large court staff so as to avoid conflicts in their pursuit of a fair resolution.
- Communicated effectively with clients, counselors, and opposing counsels; worked to reach alpha team consensus on matters involving clients’ personal affairs.
- Defended client’s interests resulting in reductions in claim amounts owed by insurance companies reviewing client’s claims for payments underwritten by those companies.
Probate Paralegal Resume Sample 14
- Researched and drafted will, trust, and power of attorney documents for clients.
- Answer legal questions from clients during “legal consultation” sessions.
- Temporarily worked with a local firm to assist in finalizing and filing documents (i.e.: Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney).
- Helped or represented clients in probate court cases (i.e.: marriage dissolution cases).
- Handled client escrow accounts in the form of escrow agent or real estate manager.
To become a probate paralegal,a college degree is not always required, but can be helpful. Probate paralegals must have strong computer skills, drafting skills, good communication, be timely and organized, be able to fulfill the wishes of clients, as well as have a good understanding of the court system and documents.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.