Telephone Sales Representatives are responsible for fielding incoming calls from customers and pitching sales to those customers. Their duties include answering phone calls, advertising products to customers, answering all questions from customers, making phone calls to prospective customers, completing customer orders, and training new employees.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Telephone Sales Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Telephone Sales Representative resumes for your reference.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 1
- Intercepted and connected calls as directed.
- Promoted company products to customers by building rapport, identifying needs, and presenting appropriate solutions.
- Obtained the highest sales commission earnings first month of employment.
- Completed first two weeks of new hire training in six days; recognized at corporate meeting for outstanding accomplishment.
- Reached daily call quota seven out of eight weeks; promoted to executive team group through hard work and dedication displayed on the job.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 2
- Increased current business by 12.4% over last year through effective cold calling, networking, and building leadership skills.
- Brought in over $70,000 of new business during first full month on the job; recognized as top performer by General Manager.
- Proven track record for generating sales leads via referrals from satisfied customers; recruited six clientele within first three months after graduation.
- Promoted to team leader due to exceptional ability to successfully manage a group of associates with discretion and diplomacy necessary for positive supervision.
- New York Times Bestselling Author who has since published four other novels under romance genre.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 3
- Promoted to the top of the company in sales.
- Achieved a 90% close rate, compared to a 45% average for the department.
- Consistent customer satisfaction from an organization that annually performs over 10,000 customer service surveys and has averaged over 94% satisfaction over 5 years.
- Received highest merit given by management for outstanding achievement and performance; named “Employee of the Month” three times in eight months.
- Recognized by company-wide e-mail newsletter as one of 2004’s “Outstanding New Hires.”
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 4
- Gained top sales awards in my department for three consecutive years, 2006-2008; recognized by management and company’s CEO.
- Achieved the number one position at the local branch for two consecutive years, 2005-2006; recognized by management and company’s Area Vice President.
- Received exemplary customer service award after helping resolve client complaints.
- Recommended new products to over $300 in total revenue/month; recognized by upper management team.
- Promoted to supervisor after completing training program in under 6 months; set up office procedures and trained 8 new employees.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 5
- Achieved $15,000 in monthly production for three consecutive months resulting in promotion to District Sales Manager position.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills by verbally closing deals with over 80% of incoming calls.
- Negotiated contracts with Fortune 100 companies including Verizon Wireless and Dell Computers resulting in multi-thousand dollar account wins.
- Despite numerous objections, secured a 70% increase in billable hours after four weeks of intensive training to practice the consultative sales approach.
- Prevented company downsizing by creating an additional revenue stream through marketing ventures that increased sales an average of 20%.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 6
- Out-hustled every sales representative in the company generating $315,000 for monthly quotas.
- Exceeded quota by 40% for 3 out of last 6 months; recognized by Vice President and awarded a dinner cruise.
- Consistently outperformed all other representatives resulting in additional incentive opportunities such as paid overtime and choice of vehicles.
- Responded to requests during off hours providing support that exceeded customer expectations; continually received excellent evaluations from customers and managers alike.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with clients which continue to flourish throughout my tenure at the company; able to resolve clients’ issues before they were even brought to management’s attention.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 7
- Grew cell phone and wireless service sales by 19% in Q4 over previous year.
- Achieved bonus credit for revenue growth and profit margins exceeding company targets.
- Received Outstanding Sales Achievement Award for script bookings during final training before promotion to Team Leader.
- Led efforts which exceeded customer satisfaction goals, achieving prestigious Diamond Award with 100% participation from the team.
- Provided exceptional customer support throughout trial periods, including installation and equipment setup; credited with positive feedback from 99% of trialer customers who completed evaluation surveys.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 8
- Improved sales by 40% in 6 months; recognized for outstanding performance by Branch Manager.
- Provided superior customer service resulting in increased sales and retention of existing customers.
- Successfully completed formal telephone selling training, earning consistent high scores during performance reviews, emphasizing achievement in communication skills.
- Excelled at closing deals; developed rapport with customers over the phone to sell products effectively.
- Increased credit line limits for two accounts through effective problem solving to solve disputes with other creditors.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 9
- Received award for highest quarterly sales.
- Developed a strategy to increase sales by 8% over a six-month period, which resulted in a 10% increase in sales revenue.
- Identified new customer base and brought in $500,000 worth of business by finding leads through online marketing research utilizing Google Adwords and Bing/Yahoo Search Engines.
- Maintained average monthly sales revenue of $20,000 per month after acquisition of competitor’s customer list.
- Inaugurated plans for latest computerized telephone system equipment designed to reduce costs while providing enhanced telephonic service capabilities to clients at all times.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 10
- Exceeded sales quotas during all quarters of employment by 25%.
- Recognized by Vice President for exceptional achievement in the training and development of new sales representatives.
- Created a series of promotional campaigns that increased company revenue dramatically while maintaining average sale price.
- Devised a plan to increase customer retention rate from 11% to 37%, resulting in increased profits of over 100% each year for two years.
- Led year-long effort to get community recognition for increasing children’s bike safety awareness through sponsorship of three successful events, including a 5k run/walk benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 11
- Consistently exceeded sales goals by over 15% after training in an enterprise account executive role.
- Maximized customer satisfaction and ensured high levels of customer retention to gain a spot on the company’s “Elite Team” for outstanding performance.
- Identified and targeted accounts that were under-served in order to develop new business opportunities and increase revenue.
- Accounted for 60% of assigned sales, resulting in recognition as top-performer among peers; superior skills garnered attention from management.
- Gained leadership position overseeing daily work schedules for three employees; effectively managed workflow while ensuring prompt processing of incoming orders.
Telephone Sales Representative Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills training new employees on product usage.
- Ensured strong customer service between shops, businesses, and clients by coordinating business orders, invoices, delivery reports, and merchandising.
- Recognized for outstanding performance in building rapport with customers to maximize sales efficiency by managers of various departments.
- Achieved award for excellent customer feedback based on rapid turnover rates of satisfied customers calling back to order more products.
- Achieved highest sales record in the company; sold over $2.3 million of contractor equipment within one year.
In order to work as a Telephone Sales Representative you will need a high school diploma or equivalent. Telephone Sales Representatives must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, communication skills, the ability to finalize sales, time management skills, administrative skills, listening skills, and critical thinking skills in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.