Emergency room technicians support the emergency medical team with inpatient care. They collect specimen samples for investigations, prepare patients for procedures, monitor the vital signs of patients, perform investigations like electrocardiograms as requested, ensures emergency room supplies are available, organizes the emergency room, report to the registered nurse on duty and trains new technicians.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best ER Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real ER Technician resumes for your reference.
ER Technician Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in transporting patients in emergency situations including accidents, illnesses, and domestic violence.
- Performed emergency CPR on critically wounded patients resuscitating one individual to sound health.
- Recognized before the cause for the premature death of three infant children when confronted with suspicious symptoms.
- Documented patient medical histories to ensure continuity of care when records were lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Testified at two high-profile murder trials ensuring justice by providing the court with third-party records for use in evidence.
ER Technician Resume Sample 2
- Educated, lead, and inspired over 200 men, women, and children in self-defense, mind, and body health, and fitness.
- Trained to the full completion of my Emergency Medical Technician certification at the age of 21.
- Volunteered on medical scenes for two years while obtaining three college degrees.
- Granted fourteen awards for achievement in clinical care while helping over 18,000 patients.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing through relationships with many individuals encountered while assisting sick people.
ER Technician Resume Sample 3
- Managed relationships and co-workers, primarily through the creation and analysis of facts and data to achieve success and higher education.
- Created a software program for biological data collection and processing.
- Founded a business venture which had the potential to reduce costs by more than $400,000 annually.
- Completed a master’s degree in technology for medical treatment often required in life-threatening situations.
- Successfully managed international teams of engineers who had high-pressure jobs with long hours in overseas locations where time differences were causing frequent errors.
ER Technician Resume Sample 4
- Founded the first medical ER service in the United States.
- Defined and performed medical research to reduce regional influenza mortality by 70% during four years of international activities.
- Diagnosed and reproduced over 4000 specific life-threatening diseases during four years of international travel.
- Conducted over 65,000 autopsies, botched surgeries, and strived to improve medical treatment procedures during ten years of full-time work in the field.
- Fulfilled personal desires with four trips to outer space (visiting three planets in three different galaxies).
ER Technician Resume Sample 5
- Earned advanced degrees in human biology and microbiology.
- Employed by Red Cross, AmeriCares International, and non-profit to develop emergency care protocols for fifth world countries.
- Developed effective treatment protocols for infectious diseases that rendered many deadly pandemics incurable.
- Developed effective medicines that save hundreds of humans daily from cancer, AIDS, thrombosis, diabetes, heart failure, stroke, kidney failure, cystic fibrosis.
- Researched revolutionary techniques to treat natural disasters such as tsunamis and earthquakes by creating artificial islands.
ER Technician Resume Sample 6
- Trained to be a professional emergency room technician, rotating between five hospitals.
- Discovered and analyzed military-grade biological weapons through medical forensic investigations.
- Coached several decorated DEA agents in response to terrorist bombing missions.
- Attended the FBI’s Super Bowl Anti-Terrorism Training course for heavy weaponry instructors.
- Enhanced confidence and credibility during court trials by demonstrating forensics at the crime scene, reenacting crime scenes, and giving testimony in court via video link.
ER Technician Resume Sample 7
- Staffed and supervised the emergency room’s position as a head nurse for 15 years.
- Managed, led, and motivated hospital staff for quick response to medical needs of patients.
- Skillfully and objectively reviewed patient medical records and X-rays to make a rapid diagnosis.
- Determined the most efficient and appropriate treatment plan for patients based on personal history and examination.
- Directed team of 9 doctors with critical care skills in preventative maintenance for hospital machines.
ER Technician Resume Sample 8
- Maintained an exceptional record for total patient throughput during three deployments to the Middle East.
- Added to this record with perfect attendance, compliance, complaints, and peer reviews.
- Was recognized as one of the best young physicians by colleagues, patients, and physicians across numerous surgical specialties.
- Reshaped the way medical records are handled at a large multi-specialty hospital after shrinking its time to process paperwork by 50 percent.
- Accomplished all of this by working 13 hour days, 7 days a week.
ER Technician Resume Sample 9
- Graduated with high honors from USG Hospital School of Allied Health Professionals.
- Received scholarship for high academic achievement at the University of South Carolina.
- Attended three years of college under Dr. Darian Lane, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing by 1987, Master of Science in Nursing by 1991, and Post-Master’s Certificate in Public Health.
- Graduated First in class at the University of South Carolina School of Allied Health Professionals, which allowed me to receive automatic promotion to the ER level.
- Attended the two-year USG Hospital School of Allied Health Professionals, continuing until 1991.
ER Technician Resume Sample 10
- Performed skills under high pressure to stabilize eight medical conditions.
- Successfully handled emergency situations involving two gunshot wounds, one choking victim, and one heart attack by applying critical thinking skills.
- Documented emergency procedures for use in future procedures after analyzing patient responses to drug treatment.
- Swore out an arrest warrant for eight charges of assault and battery after identifying a suspect by name and appearance while blood was spurting from the gunshot wound victim’s arm.
- Rehabilitated potential drug offenders through jail mandate to obtain GED certificate while awaiting trial date for nine counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
ER Technician Resume Sample 11
- Some of the new medical equipment on the market promises better and more effective ways of diagnosing and treating diseases.
- These new machines and equipment often incorporate computer technology and sensing devices.
- The basic principles in the design, construction, and functioning of these instruments are similar to those used in motorized vehicles, but they also incorporate additional interfaces such as electrical cables that connect with instruments both inside and outside the body.
- ER technicians install these diagnostic tools into patients’ bodies. They may be part of a patient’s treatment plan for a chronic disease such as diabetes or be an interrogator to check for dangerous diseases such as cancer.
- New and improved medical equipment require the ER technician to be trained and flexible, and able to operate and repair innovative devices.
ER Technician Resume Sample 12
- Identified, prepared, and maintained emergency equipment for use in surgical procedures.
- Provided emergency assistance to 999 patients ranging from acute conditions to major traumas.
- Recovered critical information from patient documents for medical treatment during emergency situations.
- Studied anatomy, physiology, and medicinal treatments to diagnose patient situations.
- Functioned as a primary crew member for three-night shifts with twelve-hour duty days.
ER Technician Resume Sample 13
- Earned six months of advanced nursing skills training through the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Co-developed fictitious medical scenarios with fellow peers into full courses that promoted critical thinking skills, problem-solving, and vital decision-making.
- Presented them to local medical professionals throughout Colorado Springs.
- Helped establish a curriculum in the subject for another two popular courses in healthcare administration at Pikes Peak Community College.
- Fostered relationships between students and faculty in the community who were interested in promoting a better understanding of healthcare.
ER Technician Resume Sample 14
- Developed new skills in emergency medical equipment layout, use, and maintenance with the purchase of new equipment for the ER.
- Created an improved work environment by designating uniform taskwork for each paramedic to complete during ambulance calls.
- Supervised the completion of eleven employee training programs is vital emergency medical procedures.
- Expanded ER operating hours into Saturday evenings to service nineteen more adults suffering from emergency ailments.
- Taught eleven coworkers divisional tasks which increased overall efficiency and staff morale by fifty-seven percent among all employees.
To work as an ER technician, you need a high school diploma and to be trained and certified by the Emergency Medical Technician-Basic. You will also need basic life support skills, skills in operating the machinery in the ER, speed, professionalism, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, computer skills and decision-making skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best ER Technician Resume Samples
- ER Technician Resume Sample 1
- ER Technician Resume Sample 2
- ER Technician Resume Sample 3
- ER Technician Resume Sample 4
- ER Technician Resume Sample 5
- ER Technician Resume Sample 6
- ER Technician Resume Sample 7
- ER Technician Resume Sample 8
- ER Technician Resume Sample 9
- ER Technician Resume Sample 10
- ER Technician Resume Sample 11
- ER Technician Resume Sample 12
- ER Technician Resume Sample 13
- ER Technician Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up