Admitting Representatives support inpatient medical facilities in a non medical capacity by completing patient intake and obtaining related medical records. Their duties include obtaining patients medical history from outside providers, verifying insurance coverage, booking inpatient rooms and surgical suites, obtaining insurance company preauthorization, and maintaining the patients admissions chart.
To work as an Admitting Representative you must have a Bachelor’s Degree (usually in Healthcare Management), understanding of medical terminology, and knowledge of the field of medicine the facility specializes in. Admitting Representatives must demonstrate ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, skills with database software, empathetic, strong team player, basic computer skills, and excellent communication.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Admitting Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Admitting Representative resumes for your reference.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 1
- Admitted over 400 patients to hospitals under the supervision of an RN and a CNA.
- Routed phone calls and answered incoming inquiries in a professional manner and at a level of quality suitable for this high-volume department.
- Identified, researched, and resolved daily telephone problems efficiently.
- Provided direct patient care by using medical equipment, monitoring patient conditions, recording vital signs, administering medications as directed by physicians.
- Maintained clinical records of patients’ treatment within the facility’s established guidelines.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 2
- Scrutinized patient registration to ensure accuracy and completeness of data, utilizing knowledge of conventions for processing patients’ files.
- Organized more than 789 medical records into compliance with established standards of confidentiality, permitting only users who were authorized to access the records.
- Recovered from a temporary disability after suffering from a kidney infection by maintaining work productivity at half of my capacity until I recovered completely.
- Attained first place as an individual on a team that earned first place during quarterly contests in calling on new accounts within a three-month period.
- Received appreciation for going beyond call of duty by staying late to review charts before being sent for transcription.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 3
- Proved adept in managing and monitoring entire transitional care unit, including intake of patients.
- Resolved patient issues while under pressure; used cool-headed judgment to determine best possible solution.
- Identified and reported fraudulent claims during processing for investigation.
- Effectively organized and prioritized workflow to ensure efficient and accurate transcription and data entry of medical records.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for admission.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 4
- Received appreciation from physicians and staff for my speedy, accurate patient data entry.
- Trained to use new software product for patient data input in a timely manner.
- Promoted to acting unit coordinator; motivated unit staff regarding department policies and methods of patient care; delegated responsibility.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from patients who had received services at the hospital’s emergency room.
- Worked closely with other departments to ensure that all business needs were met.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 5
- Ensured patient records were handled in a confidential and professional manner by preparing them for release to other healthcare professionals.
- Improved billing procedures, increasing collections from $500 to over $6000 monthly.
- Collaborated with team members in a positive environment that honed interpersonal skills, self-awareness, and technical knowledge.
- Accomplished accurate data entry of all information needed for patient registration by using medical software system.
- After implementing an improved filing system, reduced errors associated with patient files by nearly 50%.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 6
- Promoted from filing and guest registration to the Admitting Department where I took on additional responsibilities.
- Picked up an intimate exposure with medical terminology through preparation of physician order sheets.
- Learned to perform general office work, including faxing, scanning/photocopying, creating charts for patient rooms, etc.
- Presented myself as a team player by volunteering extra hours during night shift until being moved back to day shift.
- Completed Certified Medical Office Assistant Program in 2010 earning my certificate along with college credit hours.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 7
- Verified patient insurance eligibility and benefits as well as clinical information before admitting to the emergency room.
- Provided exceptional customer service to patients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Managed incoming phone calls from patients by directing callers to appropriate department; developed strong customer relations skills.
- Completed various clerical duties including filing, faxing, copying, sorting mail, opening envelopes/packages, scanning documents, sending email messages and updating databases.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by manager who gave high praise for exemplary work ethic and attitude; described as pleasant to work with because of helpful suggestions that improved office workflow.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 8
- Acted as liaison between patient and physician, documenting patient complaints, hospital policies, treatments, and medicines.
- Greeted patients and visitors in a professional manner creating a pleasant environment throughout the busy day shift.
- Collected payment from patients/responsible parties to ensure timely follow up of any outstanding balances due.
- Prepared insurance claims for various insurance companies regarding medical procedures performed on the patient’s behalf to include: billing statuses, effective dates of policy coverage, etc.; reviewed eligibility by requesting pre-certifications if applicable.
- Discerned alternative resources for patient assistance through proper referrals given during evaluation process; identified errors within documentation filed incorrectly prior to submission.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 9
- Provided world-class customer service to visitors and patients while ensuring a seamless registration process, with the ability to remain calm and collected during periods of high volume.
- Monitored patient flow to ensure that admissions were completed within departmental guidelines, resulting in decreased wait times for patients and visitors.
- Completed all patient registration procedures in a timely manner; recognized by Patient Service Supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Managed multiple tasks efficiently and effectively; promoted by supervisor for my organizational skills.
- Developed electronic filing system consisting of over 60 files; recognized with award from Vice President of Operations.
Admitting Representative Resume Sample 10
- Reduced hospital readmissions by 39.9% in six months; recognized and commended by the hospital’s Chief Medical Officer for outstanding performance.
- Gave excellent customer service to patients and families; served as a patient advocate during internal and external events such as outside investigations, court hearings, and community fundraisers.
- Regulated manager of record duties while working flexible work schedules including evenings, weekends, holidays, nights, etc.
- Collaborated with medical staff to establish infection control precautions in place throughout the hospital’s entire campus through its various locations.
- Established and maintained physical therapy accreditation standards per facility guidelines after establishing an electronic procedure for tracking all activities related to the accreditation process.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.