An anchor presents the news on television, the radio or internet. An anchor’s duties include investigating stories, organizing material, reporting breaking news as it occurs, conducting live interviews with experts, interacting with reporters while on air, presenting new stories to help the audience understand better, and writing news reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Anchor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Anchor resumes for your reference.
Anchor Resume Sample 1
- Published 11 articles in a 6-month period, including 2 in large 1,000+ circulation publications.
- Interviewed over 500 guests and conducted 20 on-camera interviews.
- Performed as spokesperson for a live journalistic event at 3 different radio stations. Co-hosted broadcast programs and was featured as an expert on air from 10 different radio stations.
- Produced and presented a 52 minute documentary expounding upon the adversities of racism for a national TV program.
- Helped to launch online news site within 1 year’s time frame; promoted advertising through social networking sites, blogs, and email lists.
Anchor Resume Sample 2
- Anchored ten news shows, including special reports and town hall meetings.
- Conducted live interviews with community leaders, politicians, and pundits on issues affecting the community.
- Monitored reporting and oversaw accuracy of online content as part of the corporate website team.
- Reported news at a high level of responsibility and integrity in working with other journalists within the organization.
- Addressed concerns regarding misconceptions related to television journalism.
Anchor Resume Sample 3
- Scheduled daily news broadcasts aired on station in a timely manner.
- Successfully conducted interviews regarding local, national, and international topics by researching articles and facts.
- Acted as News Director during coverage of major events; directed assignment of reporters, cameramen, and the completion of tasks based on the current stories being covered.
- Participated in training new reporters to promote knowledge of proper microphone techniques, information gathering techniques, camera operation; encouraged growth in personal writing skills.
- Expressed organizational leadership when composing scripts and creating graphics for broadcast page layouts by organizing pages into an understandable format based on identified production deadlines.
Anchor Resume Sample 4
- Ensured the integrity of written content concerning political, business, and lifestyle news by interviewing, researching, and compiling information.
- Maintained quality of news coverage through contacts within the media industry.
- Collaborated with news desks to maintain consistent flow of informative material as well as to improve service.
- Created special projects focusing on human interest stories for local public radio stations.
- Successfully completed two-year internship at Cox Broadcasting Corporation’s Atlanta radio station WQXI-FM NewsRadio 1130 where she was recognized for journalistic excellence by the Poynter Institute Awards Committee in May 2000.
Anchor Resume Sample 5
- Completed an internship and served as an on-air reporter for a local market television station; garnered awards from the station and public recognition from nominated peers.
- Anchored the nightly news broadcast while fulfilling duties of chief correspondent; interviewed community representatives, city leaders, and business owners.
- Solicited funds through self-produced news segments; used broadcasts as vehicles to promote fundraising opportunities for non-profit organizations.
- Established rapport with community leaders through personalized coverage of events and established a network dedicated to promoting positive local awareness.
- Received recognition as a reporter of the year; upheld professional ethics and standards while gaining respect from peers and acquaintances.
Anchor Resume Sample 6
- Established and maintained relationships with national news sources and producers; accurately covered the activities of corporate, non-profit, and political events.
- Recruited on-air personnel to local TV stations while showcasing news footage that effectively promoted the host personalities.
- Created seamless transitions between guests and audience by effectively analyzing live broadcasting cues such as crowd reactions, facial expressions, body language.
- Developed confidence in myself through continuous learning; researched and acquired skills to meet new challenges within my career.
- Collaborated with individuals to implement creative strategies for media promotions; established relationships between on-air personalities, staff members, and sponsors.
Anchor Resume Sample 7
- Published over 12,000 articles across various media outlets including newspapers, magazines, and websites.
- Edited and arranged reported stories for the “Today Show” daily morning broadcast of news.
- Coordinated national events for over 4000 participants as an event planner for the American Cancer Society.
- Constructed a comprehensive set of grants and personally funded over $300,000 in grants to fund organizations that addressed specific social issues.
- Created and implemented progressive programs that raised awareness of political issues and televised debates on major news network affiliates across the country.
Anchor Resume Sample 8
- Selected by peers as best anchor in the state for three consecutive years.
- Established and maintained national audience with a 15 rating share; consistently the top ranked news show among women 18–49.
- Interviewed celebrities, CEOs, authors, and politicians on live television; secured exclusives with leading entertainment figures.
- Led by example as an Executive Producer; played a significant role in producing one of the most watched shows in the country.
- Audited news broadcasts and educational training seminars to maintain knowledge of up-to-date journalism trends.
Anchor Resume Sample 9
- Provided live, breaking news briefings and feature stories within two to three hours of an event.
- Served as primary anchor for nightly and weekend programming by scheduling, producing, and directing.
- Has interviewed Emmy Award, Grammy Award winning musical guests including Aerosmith, The Who, Europe, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton & King Crimson.
- Presented news utilizing current events while maintaining a professional attitude and presence. Adhered to the guidelines of the Society of Professional Journalists ethics code.
- Presented news 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, with the exception of one emergency appendectomy.
Anchor Resume Sample 10
- Responsible for writing, researching, and delivering daily news reports that was completed in less than 15 minutes.
- Acknowledged by the station manager as a mentor to many new employees; led successful teamwork to repair station equipment during an electrical storm.
- Originated and hosted a program where I interviewed celebrities and guests from all over the world on-location at a film festival.
- Played two separate characters for two different news teams without the crew knowing about it; produced filmed stories relevant to the public interest.
- Dedicated airtime for public service announcements; presented unbiased coverage of political demonstrations while covering national election results.
Anchor Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for outstanding coverage of a community disaster; provided live reports from the scene to a regional television audience.
- Helped create and maintain on-air chemistry with co-anchor; significant boost in viewership ratings during period of on-air collaboration.
- Received an award for excellence in on-camera performance; recognized by CEO as role model for others within the news division.
- Recognized as an authority on Life & Entertainment reporting; increased transparency with consumers while fostering cooperation between local businesses and community leaders.
- Commended by media relations department regarding accuracy, appropriateness, and format of daily morning news reports.
Anchor Resume Sample 12
- Interjected news presentation with timely and relevant humor.
- Effectively edited, produced, and wrote a variety of news stories for twelve years.
- Produced a documentary into the life of a homeless man called “Chronies”; received a nomination for “Best Documentary” award.
- Traveled extensively throughout the summer months investigating issues in high school sports, education, immigration reform, poverty and the declining economy.
- Ranked first in overall performance among nationwide competitors after anchoring live broadcasts of the CNN/YouTube (CNN) Election Night in America coverage.
To work as an anchor, being a competitive candidate, one must obtain a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field. Anchors must demonstrate great communication, be an active listener, improvise when needed, proficient in writing, reading comprehension, social perceptiveness and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.