IT Supervisors are managers in the information technology department who manage the IT staff and oversee department projects to ensure deadlines are met and the company it systems work at peak performance; in smaller companies the IT supervisor may be the sole IT person who arranges outside support when needed. Their duties include testing company software and correcting issues, identifying errors in systems functionality, preparing software to run on different operating devices, monitoring companies networks, and updating system software and hardware. To work as a IT Supervisor you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or information technology and experience in overseeing computer networks. IT Supervisors must demonstrate technical skills, computer coding, attention to detail, high level of mathematics, flexible, solutions oriented, self motivated, and deadline focused.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Supervisor resumes for your reference.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Led IT organization to implement best practices throughout, resulting in increased productivity by 50% with no increase in headcount.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of the data center consolidation strategy, achieving $5M in annual savings.
- Launched Green Data Center Program; reduced total power usage by 20%, saving over $140,000/year.
- Presented “Adventures in Vendor Management” workshop at 2014 Industry Conference for over 250 attendees; received high praise from audience members.
- Grew employee satisfaction scores by 10% within six months using innovative customer experience strategies.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Supervised a team of ten IT professionals for a major bank.
- Oversaw daily operations and planned for systems infrastructure demands with a budget of $12,000,000 annually.
- Managed a group of twenty-five providing one hundred percent uptime to over two thousand users worldwide.
- Planned strategies for disaster recovery procedures integrating backup generators, fuel supply, network distribution hubs, etc.
- Effectively resolved issues related to performance feedback within 24 hours or less 100% of the time.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Played a key role in developing solid business processes for managing critical projects.
- Achieved 95% customer satisfaction with IT support services.
- Mentored new hires to provide them with positive work experiences and training, resulting in increased retention rates.
- Drove sales efforts through direct contact with potential customers; successfully landed six-figure deals six years in row.
- Spearheaded the creation of departmental procedures to standardize data reporting, resulting in more efficient business functions.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Provided technical support and guidance for over 5,000 employees with mixed level of knowledge.
- Designed and developed a Windows Administration Application in Visual Basic to replace the existing program in use, reducing redundancy and streamlining efficient workflow.
- Spearheaded effort to upgrade company server infrastructure by developing strategy, identifying hardware requirements, and implementing the plan.
- Implemented new e-mail system across two campuses resulting in 45% reduction of A/C usage; identified and resolved several performance issues related to legacy systems
- Provided training and mentoring for over 20 staff members; implemented successful onboarding process for five new hires; recognized as Best New Hire of Year by peers.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Managed 24/7 email and phone support for 500 employees.
- Launched a new IT help desk with a 33% improvement in first call resolution, leading to a 105% increase in user satisfaction.
- Assisted stakeholders on three major projects that resulted in savings of over $15 million annually.
- Chaired the creation of an online course for entry level computer technicians which has been taken by over 100 individuals worldwide resulting in numerous job offers from those seeking new opportunities.
- Forged strong relationships between departments through team building activities such as bowling and laser tag outings, ultimately lowering turnover rates and increasing productivity within my department and organization as a whole.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Managed a team of three engineers including scheduling, collaborating to develop project plans and schedules.
- Oversaw software installation on over 50 computers; packed, shipped, and installed new hardware.
- Presented an international webcast on best practices; recognized by industry peers for innovation in the use of technology.
- Recognized as top Project Manager through company-wide training program; developed administrative tools to track spending and estimate costs for IT projects.
- Received highest employee performance rating; identified cost savings opportunities within budgeted expenditures.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Replaced entire company computer system with state-of-the-art solutions that increased productivity and saved $5,000 monthly.
- Trained representatives from over fifteen countries on use of new computerized telephone system, cutting international support time in half.
- Mentored and trained ten technicians; instilled strong work ethic and team spirit throughout organization to raise morale and increase performance.
- Spearheaded multi-million dollar budget review for company headquarters; identified major savings and implemented process improvements.
- Improved departmental profits through research into industry standards; initiated changes that led to a cut in overhead by 20%.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Conducted end-user training to ensure successful launch of new applications, as well as proper utilization and job satisfaction.
- Implemented ROI system for both existing and new products resulting in a 25% increase in sales.
- Spearheaded relocation project which resulted in a savings of $622,000 over the course of a three year period.
- Developed an innovative program allowing customers to purchase software through rebate cards rather than paying full price up front.
- Earned top honors from company for exceptional performance, motivation, and leadership skills; selected as Employee of the Quarter for first time during last award cycle.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Maintained productivity and network speed, while overseeing simultaneous multi-forum upgrades.
- Mentored team of eight technicians to meet core competency standards; recognized by company president for exceptional performance.
- Established and enforced security and confidentiality policies and programs; received acknowledgment from CIO for outstanding leadership management.
- Excelled as a technical support manager; developed new products to improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Implemented data loss prevention software suite across the enterprise to prevent unauthorized distribution of sensitive information.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Redesigned and upgraded the IT infrastructure for a 500-employee office.
- Procured award-winning technology to enhance the company’s productivity and services.
- Returned information technology division to a profitable state by implementing a comprehensive strategy for growth, improvement, and recovery which included staff reorganization, marketing development, system implementation, software application analysis, hardware procurement/upgrade planning, financial forecasting/reporting systems analysis, budget formulation & monitoring.
- Minor in computer science; taught TCP/IP protocols at local college night school on top of full time 40hrs job over period of one year while maintaining active participation in community activities.
- Led committee to promote workplace diversity and inclusion by organizing retreats, developing outreach campaigns, and revising policies.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Identified vulnerabilities in an external software system which allowed greater network security.
- Improved skills necessary for presentation to the board of directors; effectively presented information regarding new hardware and technology.
- Ensured efficient use of existing software by developing documentation detailing all program capabilities, development history, and customization (scripts).
- Provided three years of professional service as a part-time computer instructor at junior college; developed lesson plans, trained students in various programs, and maintained classroom decorum.
- Reconstructed work flow throughout department to maximize staff efficiency; streamlined procedures to provide leadership with accurate statistics.
IT Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Scaled the operating budget from $40 million to $70 million while providing services and support for 1,000 users in compliance with industry regulations.
- Led a team of 12 Systems Administrators and 10 Architects by example; recognized as an industry leader.
- Acted as liaison between business and technical staff for all infrastructure projects; recommended best practices using knowledge of existing infrastructure, security needs, and financial restrictions.
- Promoted organizational learning through ITIL-compliant technology processes (problem management, change management); enhanced customer satisfaction and productivity via proactive communication regarding performance issues impacting operations or service delivery.
- Testified before The Pennsylvania State Senate online identity theft protection; provided insight into the relationship of public and private sector operations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Supervisor Resume Samples
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- IT Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up