Network operations engineers provide connectivity solutions for their clients. Their main duties include installing various network devices, completing tasks assigned to ensure optimal network performance, ensuring all network devices are functioning and to date, identifying network issues and solving them, maintaining the data center of networks and working on special tasks assigned.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Systems Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Systems Administrator resumes for your reference.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Researched and implemented new technologies to increase employee productivity.
- Troubleshot network problems consistently earning recognition as a Networking Superstar by the Director of Network Operations.
- Culled through vast amounts of data to identify trends to improve system performance.
- Achieved award for making employees more efficient, saving the company time and money due to accurate technical support.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Quickly resolved a critical issue that allowed a multinational corporation to restore online services.
- Wrote a user-friendly application to create standardized reports.
- Implemented an efficient backup system to ensure the integrity of the corporations’ data.
- Deployed Windows 2000 across 270 servers.
- Achieved quality awards for standards compliance and customer satisfaction.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Responsible for the network and operating system software in equipment and software in computer labs and research areas.
- Improved storage capacity in desktop PCs by 40% with the installation of additional hard-drive storage; received recognition from the Systems Administrator for outstanding performance.
- Resolved an issue on an HP laser printer that had not worked for over a year; the name was added to the login list of technicians who performed exceptional work.
- Installed new switch on network system; increased bandwidth throughput by 50%, which increased productivity of researchers involved in data transfer; recognized by Director of Networking Services for superior performance.
- Achieved award for achieving 99.9% uptime on service level agreement for research networks; received an award from the Director of Networking Services.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Installed, configured, and maintained servers and networks for Northeast Florida Area Regional VoIP (Voice Over IP) office and IT staff.
- Participated in the network organization, maintenance, security, and administration of the IT environment.
- Ensured that all equipment was connected to networks as required by equipment manufacturers’ specifications to ensure the reliability of the systems.
- Conducted independent testing of network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls as well as testing of other network components such as DNS servers and load balancers.
- Monitored appropriate system alerts to determine feasibility for maintenance or upgrades.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Networked computers and maintained network security.
- Provided remote access to the information system through VPN access to systems, hardware, and software.
- Detects new technology trends; provides recommendations on the use of new products.
- Recognized as an outstanding contributor of new technologies; provided training on data security issues for senior staff members.
- Handled customer service issues where new technology was not appropriate; provided friendly interpretations of difficult tech questions. Organization of new tech experts for problem-solving on-site or off-site.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Administered Microsoft and UNIX systems and programs.
- Administered web applications on Windows and Unix platforms.
- Administered application software, server hardware, and operating system patches.
- Administered network security, including vendor/company-specific configuration, firewall rules, virus protection, email filtering, and intrusion detection.
- Performed as a troubleshooting expert on Unix platforms; implemented new configurations as required.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Resolved network conflicts and outages by troubleshooting, isolating, and correcting failures.
- Assisted management in designing new systems for employee compensation.
- Researched, designed, configured, and implemented network topologies to support core processing needs.
- Identified opportunities to reduce operating expenses by improving operational efficiencies through staff reductions or reassignments.
- Provided direct technical support to users by resolving hardware/software problems on workstations and servers.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Established the network infrastructure for a software development company.
- Provided services to local businesses by operating as a telecommuting consultant through contracts with Microsoft, Dell, IBM, and Sprint PCS.
- Troubleshot and resolved problems involving wireless networking devices at companies throughout the United States.
- Determined the networking needs of small to medium-sized businesses in the Pacific Northwest through consultation work for a group of networking engineers based in California.
- Maintained network servers for companies throughout the United States including Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, San Francisco, Edmonton Alberta Canada, Washington DC, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and Minneapolis Minnesota.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Wrote security-hardened network operating system; effectively updated software; updated the NOS to include authentication, encryption, logout, and other security features.
- Researched problems in the network system; identified causes for abnormal activity in the process of analysis and analysis of problem areas.
- Configured make-break cable connections; educated customers on cable connections; documented cable connections made.
- Designed fault tolerance for added security in the data center environment with emphasis on input/output limits that would minimize downtime.
- In charge of maintaining a corporate network that contains several hundred users, several servers, and various peripheral devices.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Authorized installation of new network devices, software, and equipment; coordinated changes in existing systems; implemented hardware and software upgrades; installed operating systems on desktops; assisted with maintenance of desktops; configured workstations for specific jobs.
- Assisted in troubleshooting and problem solving for existing equipment; provided support in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting servers; ran a cable to connect internal offices; configured Internet Protocols to secure network.
- Provided technical support for network services that included e-mail, wireless access, Virtual Private Networks, website maintenance, firewall configurations.
- Supported over 60 computers without loss of service by resolving a variety of problems including hardware failure and errors in software applications.
- Implemented a wireless home network connecting computers to the Internet with a broadband modem via a wireless router with uninterrupted signal strength throughout the house.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Received Outstanding Service Award; successfully implemented and maintained servers for maintenance by monitoring, installing, removing software applications.
- Received Outstanding Service Award; effectively administered operations for network systems utilizing Microsoft Server 2003 Server-based software including Exchange Server 2003, Internet Information Server 2003, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server Desktop Engine 2000.
- Received Outstanding Service Award; thoroughly tuned the system without disrupting services to users.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award; installed and configured networking equipment to meet the needs of the Department.
- Received Special Recognition Achievement Award; effectively solved issues using existing technology or hardware components with short notice on short notice needs for information technology support on a regular basis.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Designed, installed, and maintained complex network infrastructure; managed all services; managed firewall; managed various applications; managed sites; configured Exchange server.
- Researched, developed, implemented, and managed network security policies.
- Gathered statistics for teams to identify improper access to critical systems or data.
- Saved millions of dollars by recommending preventative repair and preventing issues from occurring through proactive maintenance.
- Received a software award for a unique method of building a database that will be used by the company in the future.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Achieved compensation of $95,000 annually by gaining valuable experience as a network systems administrator.
- Provided exceptional customer service by monitoring, troubleshooting, and repairing local area networks according to best practices guidelines.
- Performed duties of a virtual assistant by generating reports, responding to email inquiries, and resolving problems for senior executives.
- Managed high-level security responsibilities for classified projects by developing an IDS system; contributed to monthly HIPAA audits with no violations.
- Created solutions for complex issues; contributed to monthly financial statement audits with no material errors or omissions.
Network Systems Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Responsible for trouble reporting and resolution; effectively implemented and maintained the company’s laptop/desktop computers, internet connections, and wireless internet services.
- Achieved award for exceeding deadlines; provided solutions to technical problems encountered by the company.
- Supervised a team of support specialists; effectively led a team of technicians in computer troubleshooting, repairs, diagnostics, upgrades, and system administration.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to network performance metrics.
- Maintained a clean and efficient work environment; effectively organized company documents.
To work as a network operations manager, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or its equivalent and a certification by Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Network operations engineer must demonstrate good communication skills, customer service skills, flexibility, creativity, organizational skills and teamwork.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.