Change is an essential part of life for both everyday people and companies. Whether it’s moving to a new location, trying out a new policy, or changing an existing practice, change can be of great benefit but also quite terrifying, and can actually be detrimental if it isn’t properly planned for. A transition manager is there to remove the uncertainty.
How to Become a Successful Transition Manager?
- As this job actually deals with a great variety of different aspects of a business and can be applied to many different types of operations, the educational requirements can be varied and many things can be substituted. Generally a bachelor’s in the humanities, business, finance, or even communications will be a great start.
- Upon being hired the type of transitions you oversee may vary greatly depending on what type of business you work for. A corporation built around physical products will have very different policies to one that sells food, and you should be prepared for this when you are interviewing with them.
- Regardless of the types of changes and transitions you will be overseeing, the end goal will always be the same; make it as smooth as possible for the company and the employees. This means making sure to calculate risk so the company doesn’t attempt what likely won’t work out.
Being analytical is very important for this position as you will need to get the results necessary without much room for error, and that means keeping careful track of every possible detail. It is important to remember that a lot of money and jobs ride on your positions, so it never hurts to be careful.
The Best Transition Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Transition Manager resumes for your reference.
- Identified and assessed future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Drawed an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Monitored and evaluated training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Responsible for process definition and adherence during and following transition of new services.
- Overall responsibility for the discovery and implementation of new services.
- Work with the IT department to ensure a complete setup of the Incident Management system.
- Main point of contact for all client interactions throughout the implementation phase of contract.
- Support hiring initiatives for Collections and Customer Service.
- Create job postings, interview schedules, conduct interviews, collect manager scoring, approve initial compensation/offer letter, and provide workday approvals throughout onboarding process.
- Additional responsibilities include restructuring the Role Model Development program to include more management training.
- Engage with the account team during the pursuit process to deliver the end to end transition program solution for the client; taking control, and leading, the due diligence exercise to reduce risk and uncertainty within Infosys’ offering to the client.
- Accountable for the delivery of the end to end transition program and hand over of services to steady state support.
- Operate at CXO levels to manage the client’s expectations; communicating verbally, through presentations and in writing to articulate the value of Infosys’ solutions to senior client executives, senior managers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the delivery of end-to-end implantation of new products and services to existing clients and transition of new clients from prior investment providers and recordkeepers.
- Demonstrated experience and alternative methods to accomplish conversions in shorter timeframes.
- Strategically enhanced how 457(b) plans were implemented thus reducing conversion black-out periods.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to aid in a successful transition from planning through closure meeting service and maintenance requirements.
- Coordinated appropriate UAT’s, conducted the testing and implementation to the ServiceDesk.
- Implemented QA strategies through UAT’s, statistical analysis, testing and customer surveys to successfully customize service and performance to meet the need of each customer while maintaining company standards and policies.
- Managed 20 projects from initiation phase to closure and added 400 new resources (FTEs).
- Managed complete process setup requirements essential for go-live like resources, knowledge transfer, infrastructure, software application, risk management and access management.
- Collaborated with project teams to apply Six Sigma tools (Process Map, FMEA risk identification and mitigation plan) aimed at business improvement.
- Complied with and accurately represented Anthelio project, transition management methodologies and deliverables.
- Participated in Anthelio transition service development sessions to present transition concepts, timeline, effort, and resources.
- Established and ensured that appropriate transition project methodology processes were used as listed in the transition agreement.
- Managed transition projects to time, budget, scope and quality standards expected by Anthelio and our customer.
- Required detailed knowledge of Maintenance, Turnaround, and Projects planning, timekeeping and invoicing processes in Manufacturing, as it relates to GSAP and Track.
- Required detailed knowledge of the MCI Track application and contractor cost management strategies and processes.
- Consisted of test plan development and execution, process mapping, user engagements, training, communications, data model development, data conversion plan and execution, and cutover hypercare across all sites.
- Joint planning discussions with transition manager to define key objectives, plan, determine key roles and timelines for transition including direct client interaction.
- Assess the as-is application environment and base lining existing organization, resources and roles that are currently supporting the transition application.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions and map comprehensive coverage of all in-scope process areas to applications being transitioned.
- Develop and monitor installation and conversion process of retirement plans.
- Manage relationships with executive contacts of plan sponsors, advisors and third party record-keepers throughout the installation process.
- Review/analyze documents to ensure plans are in compliance with federal/state legislation and SOX.
- Enter provision information into multiple internal systems and oversee record keeping set up, allocation and first deposits.
- Completed over 200 contract amendments and fund changes for client’s retirement plans.
- Helped in the training and development of 5 transition managers for the improvement of the company’s operation.
- Created and assisted in the formation of contracts for new and transferred clients with the company.