The Transition Manager is responsible for transitioning all new employees into the organization and ensuring that they are trained and working to the best of their abilities. Duties include creating a detailed training plan, scheduling trainings, providing resources to current staff members who provide proper training, documenting processes and procedures, providing regular updates on progress, and evaluating overall project team performance. A minimum of an associate degree is required for this job but hands-on experience in training, coaching, mentoring, and/or leadership is preferred.
The Best Transition Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Transition Manager resumes for your reference.
- Identified and assessed future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals, and consultation with line managers.
- Drew an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Monitored and evaluated the training program’s effectiveness, success, and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Solved internal staff problems which resulted in the reduction of labor costs by 30%.
- Designed and implemented an effective training program for human resources personnel.
- Responsible for process definition and adherence during and following the transition of new services.
- Overall responsibility for the discovery and implementation of new services.
- Work with the IT department to ensure a complete setup of the Incident Management system.
- The main point of contact for all client interactions throughout the implementation phase of a contract.
- Solved external problems which resulted in increased sales and increased profitability.
- Support hiring initiatives for Collections and Customer Service.
- Create job postings, and interview schedules, conduct interviews, collect manager scoring, approve initial compensation/offer letters, and provide workday approvals throughout the onboarding process.
- Additional responsibilities include restructuring the Role Model Development program to include more management training.
- Increased productivity of 900 people.
- Streamlined accounting procedures to cut costs by 10%.
- Engage with the account team during the pursuit process to deliver the end-to-end transition program solution for the client; taking control, and leading, the due diligence exercise to reduce risk and uncertainty within Infosys’ offering to the client.
- Accountable for the delivery of the end-to-end transition program and handover of services to steady state support.
- Operate at CXO levels to manage the client’s expectations; communicating verbally, through presentations, and in writing to articulate the value of Infosys’ solutions to senior client executives, senior managers, and stakeholders.
- Supervised the development, implementation, and expansion of a complex series of staffing and reporting systems with compliances.
- Created a new position for an Executive Assistant/Office Assistant, hired and trained the position by supervising four staff members who performed the duties of Executive Assistant/Office Assistant.
- Responsible for the delivery of end-to-end implantation of new products and services to existing clients and the transition of new clients from prior investment providers and recordkeepers.
- Demonstrated experience and alternative methods to accomplish conversions in shorter timeframes.
- Strategically enhanced how 457(b) plans were implemented thus reducing conversion black-out periods.
- Coordinated multiple projects within the organization to ensure proper resource allocation.
- Gathered data regarding all projects’ progress to assist in steering these projects successfully.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to aid in a successful transition from planning through closure meeting service and maintenance requirements.
- Coordinated appropriate UATs, and conducted the testing and implementation to the ServiceDesk.
- Implemented QA strategies through UATs, statistical analysis, testing, and customer surveys to successfully customize service and performance to meet the need of each customer while maintaining company standards and policies.
- Designed an employee relations program to address working relationships between employees and management.
- Utilized motivational techniques to educate employees on opportunities for self-development within each department.
- Managed 20 projects from initiation phase to closure and added 400 new resources (FTEs).
- Managed complete process setup requirements essential for go-lives like resources, knowledge transfer, infrastructure, software application, risk management, and access management.
- Collaborated with project teams to apply Six Sigma tools (Process Map, FMEA risk identification, and mitigation plan) aimed at business improvement.
- Helped a large growing company that was lowering payroll, revising operations, and changing the management style, to become more efficient.
- Managed the Business Strategy and Operations, of a $250 Million USD Biotechnology Facility.
- Complied with and accurately represented the Anthelio project, transition management methodologies, and deliverables.
- Participated in Anthelio transition service development sessions to present transition concepts, timeline, effort, and resources.
- Established and ensured that appropriate transition project methodology processes were used as listed in the transition agreement.
- Managed transition projects to time, budget, scope, and quality standards expected by Anthelio and our customers.
- Managed two different teams at two different locations of the same company.
- Required detailed knowledge of Maintenance, Turnaround, and Projects planning, timekeeping and invoicing processes in Manufacturing, as it relates to GSAP and Track.
- Required detailed knowledge of the MCI Track application and contractor cost management strategies and processes.
- Consisted of test plan development and execution, process mapping, user engagements, training, communications, data model development, data conversion plan and execution, and cutover hyper care across all sites.
- Assisted in leading a team of 4 employees of 25 people as they acquired over 100 clients for the first time in their history.
- Identified and removed barriers that limited performance by business personnel; developed tools to increase productivity and morale; broke down job descriptions so employees could achieve their full potential.
- Joint planning discussions with transition manager to define key objectives, plan, and determine key roles and timelines for transition including direct client interaction.
- Assess the as-is application environment and baselining existing organization, resources, and roles that are currently supporting the transition application.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions and map comprehensive coverage of all in-scope process areas to applications being transitioned.
- Defined strategic vision, mission concepts, and defined organizational values to ensure organization continence had the ability to meet future challenges.
- Revitalized existing employees, increased knowledge, and offered awards based on employee growth.
- Develop and monitor the installation and conversion process of retirement plans.
- Manage relationships with executive contacts of plan sponsors, advisors, and third-party record-keepers throughout the installation process.
- Review/analyze documents to ensure plans are in compliance with federal/state legislation and SOX.
- Enter provision information into multiple internal systems and oversee record keeping set up, allocation, and first deposits.
- Developed team spirit amongst peers by driving continuous improvements to unit results.
- Completed over 200 contract amendments and fund changes for the client’s retirement plans.
- Helped in the training and development of 5 transition managers for the improvement of the company’s operation.
- Created and assisted in the formation of contracts for new and transferred clients with the company.
- Trained advanced management and leadership skills in the areas of strategic planning, marketing, communication, personnel development, production control, and materials management.
- Transformed business operations from a cost-cutting environment to a state-of-the-art research & development facility that achieved full production on schedule.
How to Become a Successful Transition Manager?
- As this job actually deals with a great variety of different aspects of a business and can be applied to many different types of operations, the educational requirements can be varied and many things can be substituted. Generally, a bachelor’s in the humanities, business, finance or even communications will be a great start.
- Upon being hired the type of transitions you oversee may vary greatly depending on what type of business you work for. A corporation built around physical products will have very different policies to one that sells food, and you should be prepared for this when you are interviewing with them.
- Regardless of the types of changes and transitions, you will be overseeing, the end goal will always be the same; make it as smooth as possible for the company and the employees. This means making sure to calculate risk so the company doesn’t attempt what likely won’t work out.
Being analytical is very important for this position as you will need to get the results necessary without much room for error, and that means keeping careful track of every possible detail. It is important to remember that a lot of money and jobs ride on your positions, so it never hurts to be careful.
Change is an essential part of life for both everyday people and companies. Whether it’s moving to a new location, trying out a new policy, or changing an existing practice, change can be of great benefit but also quite terrifying, and can actually be detrimental if it isn’t properly planned for. A transition manager is there to remove the uncertainty.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.