Creative Graphic Designers combine text and images to create company logos, marketing materials, and publications in a way that is visually appealing to the intended audience. Their duties include website design, creating logos for a company, creating marketing materials, combining raw text into visual presentations, designing covers for reports, and working on print media.
To work as anCreative Graphic Designer you need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or Bachelor’s of Art in Graphic Design from an institute of art and create a professional portfolio of your work. Creative Graphic Designers must demonstrate skills with computer based design software, creativity, strong sales skills, excellent paper sketching, proficiency in typography and color theory, work well under pressure, and deadline focus.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Creative Graphic Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Creative Graphic Designer resumes for your reference.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 1
- Designed, illustrated and published a graphic novel that was sold at over seven bookstores.
- Award-winning creative designer who has been recognized by the American Advertising Federation for five years in a row.
- Developed a complete branding identity system from logo design to print ads for an outdoor apparel company.
- Managed all aspects of the production process including artwork approvals and color separations for 350+ pages of comic books every month.
- Organized, redesigned, devised strategy and implemented marketing plan that increased advertising revenue 15% just before Xmas shopping season.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 2
- Spearheaded a rebranding and redesign of the logo, stationary, website, and marketing materials for a graphic design agency.
- Launched two new brands to target Hispanic consumers; developed effective strategies to implement the branding campaigns.
- Award-winning art director and designer with expertise in hand written calligraphy and brush scripts.
- Licensed artist for international clothing companies that include: Peter Grimm Hats, Peter Grimm Boots, Sasco Jeans, Jackaroo Australia Shoes, Pukus Indonesia Shoes.
- Developed and designed a line of T-shirts to help raise awareness and provide resources for the fight against homelessness.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 3
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, while familiar with HTML.
- Researched the technical application of digital print on broadcast design for clients.
- Implemented creative solutions to develop creative concepts for business needs while creating business-focused presentations.
- Designed seamless visual communications that effectively advertise advertising space for client websites.
- Incorporated effective layout techniques into promotional materials by designing key visuals used across entire campaigns.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 4
- Imaginatively designed a new set of business cards, including graphics and layout, to promote an up-and-coming music artist in the hip-hop genre.
- Inventively redesigned a brochure with contemporary appeal, bold graphics and text for a local art gallery featuring the work of six emerging artists from around the globe.
- Creatively illustrated a stunning web banner promoting low-cost advertising for a luxury Caribbean resort in order to increase island tourism in all four seasons.
- Resourcefully created a visually appealing file folder design that promotes membership renewal in a musical youth orchestra by incorporating high quality images of young musicians playing their instruments.
- Skillfully designed promotional material for an upcoming social networking conference by incorporating visually appealing eye-catching backgrounds.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 5
- In one weekend, put together a company presentation that won the Product Manager’s “Green Light” to begin marketing.
- Handled multiple components of an ad campaign from concept to completion. Oversaw the design and finalization of five product images for e-commerce websites and digital billboard ads across several regions of the country via Photoshop and 3D software.
- Spearheaded social media promotion for clients on Twitter and Facebook; increased views, followers and engagement with loyal fans.
- Supported Director by drafting concepts for both print and digital advertising campaigns using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), as well as Photoshop & HTML coding.
- Pioneer in forming unique relationships between established businesses and start-ups via intuitive graphic design.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 6
- Managed a full layout design of a 1,200 page reference book. Collaborated with co-workers, contributed to team goals and followed through on requests in a timely manner.
- Designed memorable logos for businesses while staying within the brand image that was already established.
- Oversaw whole production process from proofreading integrated layouts to printing final pieces. Positioned as a leader among other designers due to my flexibility, dependability, problem solving skills and overall manners.
- Refined conceptual sketches into tangible visual aspects using tools such as pencils, markers, ink pens, paint brushes and graphic tablets while completing projects accurately under assigned time constraints.
- Responded positively to change by developing concepts that supported business objectives, remaining flexible when new directions were required.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 7
- Created over 300 works of art; produced posters, brochures, logos, business cards, letterhead, and envelopes.
- Designed four multimedia CD-ROMs containing exciting software for children to learn their ABC’s in over ten languages with interactive games.
- Set up photo shoots to produce pictures for commercial advertisements in various areas of interest.
- Wrote designs utilizing different styles and concepts for advertising campaigns in motion media, print media, branding, packaging.
- Innovated the creation of original elements in a digital illustration that have been used across apparel, music albums, book covers & layouts.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 8
- Created a variety of creative marketing materials for customers to promote their products and services.
- Successfully designed logos, label/packaging design, advertisements, flyers, brochures, posters, leaflets and product packaging.
- Developed visuals for promotional campaigns at major trade shows across the country including innovative ideas for hand-outs.
- Launched new brand identity through the designing of company logo and business cards that have been displayed worldwide in various media outlets.
- Promoted company’s brand awareness via social media by designing web banners and infographics as well as creating digital ads for PPC & display accounts on Facebook & Google Adwords.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 9
- Conceptualized unique logo designs, brochures, posters, advertising, and web site for international company.
- Collaborated with marketing department to develop advertising campaigns that increased sales of new product line by 400%.
- Successfully completed graphic design projects on time while maintaining highest quality standards of work.
- Received award for excellence in artistry from the Mayor of the City of Chicago.
- Designed infographics used in motion picture to promote health and wellness; recognized by Oprah network for contribution.
Creative Graphic Designer Resume Sample 10
- First to develop online Creative Graphic Design Portfolio website.
- Developed website for a major corporation which was featured at the MarCom Awards Conference 2007 in New York City.
- Designed and implemented interactive Flash technologies, including animation programming, video streaming, and e-mail campaigns to reflect company’s messaging.
- Transformed the visual identity of several companies through layouts that maintain market awareness, convey brand equity, and support future growth initiatives.
- Translated ideas into concepts by refining drawings, logos, word marks, 3D models, interface designs for digital platforms; coordinated final projects with clients before launch date.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.