Bank loan officers are employees of a bank who specializes in minimizing banks losses while acquiring revenue by reviewing loan requests and approving or denying them based on clients credit worthiness and income. Their duties include acting as liaison for the bankers and the bank, approving or denying loan applications, review applicants credit worthiness and income, reviewing loan requests for risk of loss and fraud, preparing counter offers when possible, and ensuring compliance and completion prior to funding loans.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bank Loan Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bank Loan Officer resumes for your reference.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 1
- Closed over 10 million dollars in commercial loans from a single financial institution.
- Assisted with the realization of company’s first 1,000,000-dollar customer service call center contract.
- Highly motivated to exceed expectations through personal productivity and performance results.
- Negotiated directly with business owners regarding increased contracts for credit lines and deposits totaling over 2,500,000 dollars throughout the year.
- Exceeded 120% quota by providing exceptional service experience to banking customers through personalized approach. Presented numerous selling ideas resulting in development of new revenue streams which further positioned establishment as a market leader within industry.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 2
- President selected me from a pool of over 100 competitors as his direct representative to the Board of Directors at a quarterly meeting.
- Introduced and created new programs including: “Reverse Mortgages”, and “Bridge Loans”.
- Negotiated and won $4,700,000.00 in new business for one quarter; recognized by Vice-President as the top performer for loans closed that fiscal year.
- Worked closely with Royal Bank Mortgage Representatives during project renovations which included offices, conference rooms, windows throughout the building, and exterior painting at headquarters.
- Took an active role in developing relationships with other home health care companies within our area; facilitated monthly meetings.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 3
- Successfully originated over $10,000,000 of new loans in first year as a Bank Loan Officer.
- Continued to succeed in meeting and exceeding loan origination goals; recognized by the Regional Director for outstanding performance.
- Increased productivity through streamlining procedures; reduced customer wait time by 50% while tripling daily loan production.
- Identified as the “go-to” person for application screening and, as a result, managed application pool of over $20,000,000.
- Achieved high level of customer satisfaction through effective management and resolution of more than 350 inquires; recognized by the CEO for outstanding performance.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 4
- Introduced new loan programs to boost residential lending by over 30%.
- Analyzed credit, documented trends in delinquencies, and identified types of loans most vulnerable to bankruptcy.
- Completed annual reviews for all accounts appraising customers’ creditworthiness; earned customer appreciation award.
- Oversaw the investigation of delinquent loans and resolved claims in a timely manner according to FHA guidelines.
- Proactively developed customer rapport and successfully solicited business from new customers resulting in high levels of referral activity.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 5
- Mantained ISO 9001-2008 certification by meeting strict standards for responsiveness, problem solving, and customer service.
- Recipient of JPMorgan Award for Public Finance Excellence; effectively worked in several roles with increasing levels of responsibility in public finance.
- Recognized as #1 Top Producers in Banking during 2010 performance review; has consistently achieved top ranking since 2008.
- Met all deadlines while processing $20 million bond issue to improve the water system; recognized by Governor Rick Perry for exceptional work contribution.
- Authored “The Limits to Arbitrage,” an award-winning paper that was published in the Journal of Economics & Business (2010). Currently teaches graduate courses at University of Texas.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 6
- Proven record of loan originations in excess of $400,000 per month.
- Received inside sales award for outstanding performance.
- Recognized by peers and clients for diplomacy in representing bank’s position to obtain maximum cooperation during routine negotiations.
- Enhanced customer loyalty by implementing proactive client service system which achieved 96% client satisfaction rating.
- Increased profitability by 5% through innovative use of resources within assigned responsibility zone including asset growth, quality improvements, expense containment, and productivity gains.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 7
- As the Assistant Vice President, recruited new customers for bank products and services.
- Met individualized needs of customers by analyzing their financial resources and personal attributes to determine loan product suited to their circumstances.
- Presented creative lending strategies for each customer through presentations or formal proposals; secured $20 million in first trust deeds on income properties.
- Recognized as the top performing loan officer with highest production of $3.7million loans closed for fiscal year ending September 30th, 2012.
- Won annual achievement award for producing $8 million in business volume within one year period using excellent communication skills to assume current responsibilities as Acting Manager responsible for daily operations of local branch office serving working class customers.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 8
- Closed over 100 loans totaling nearly $18 million in new lending.
- Accepted for training as a Certified Loan Officer; scored highest on all written examination areas including business, credit, and law.
- Recognized by Executive Vice President for exceptional leadership performance; quickly hit the ground running with special loan projects that needed immediate attention.
- Managed large commercial real estate portfolios valued at several million dollars each throughout multiple counties within metropolitan area.
- Added sales financing functions to portfolio of products available to bank customers, increased annual volume by 50% in first year of implementation.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 9
- Identified, classified, and reported sales prospects to management according to product-lines.
- Controlled bank assets by quickly assessing financial conditions of customers with high volume loans.
- Effectively interviewed new loan applicants for critical information required to process loans.
- Achieved $300 thousand in additional sales through the use of direct mail lead incentive programs targeted at potential Michigan-based borrowers.
- Managed an office satellite location during periods of high customer volume; maintained departmental authority during assistant manager’s absence.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 10
- Restructured the lending process to streamline underwriting of commercial loans.
- Pioneer in offering new loan products for low-income customers.
- Recognized as an authority on home equity loans and customer satisfaction, recognized by peers with award for outstanding performance.
- Achieved recognized as top performer two years consecutively, resulting in bonus promotions and salary increases twice a year.
- Received recognition from executive management for providing innovative solutions to complex business issues during time of financial recession.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 11
- Processed assigned loans in a timely manner according to FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac lending guidelines. Examined titles for servitudes and ordered subordinations.
- Closed a purchase loan in less than 30 days; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications.
Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 12
- Recruited new business accounts, meeting set goals for new loans and deposits.
- Lead trainings for loan staff on new products, including subprime lending programs.
- Recognized as top 5% producer among bank staff by posting high number of retail loans closed.
- Received service award for outstanding performance in helping customers.
- Assisted customers with effective resolution of loan and account issues; earned appreciation as a customer service representative.
To become a loan officer varies depending on employer but generally you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, banking experience, and may require a state license. Loan officers must possess strong leadership skills, able to multitask, knowledge of accounting, detail oriented, work well under pressure, deadline focused, and have excellent written and spoken communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Bank Loan Officer Resume Samples
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 1
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 2
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 3
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 4
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 5
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 6
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 7
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 8
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 9
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 10
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 11
- Bank Loan Officer Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up