Spanish interpreters interpret verbal communication from Spanish to English and vice versa. Their main duties include creating written communications of both languages, recording interactions, facilitating communication between Spanish speakers and non-Spanish speakers, translating verbal communication, proofreading translated material and following ethical rules to protect confidentiality of information.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Spanish Interpreter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Spanish Interpreter resumes for your reference.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 1
- Translated and interpreted medical records, explained procedures to patients and their families, and provided support services.
- Interpreted for doctors and patients to minimize miscommunication or misunderstanding. Resolved problems within the scope of practice.
- Provided interpretation services effectively for a six-month period; addressed complaints pertaining to unprofessional conduct by fellow employees.
- Obtained recognition as one of the two top interpreters because of my outstanding ability to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking communities and provide cultural sensitivity training.
- Achieved award for excellence in translating and interpreting; recognized by management as an asset to the company’s image as well as its overall performance record.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 2
- Achieved “Outstanding Interpreter/Translator” rating in the state of Florida.
- Accurately interpreted over 100 satisfied customers on speaking English & Spanish.
- Accurately interpreted over 25 satisfied customers on preparing paperwork for court trials on speaking English & Spanish.
- Accurately interpreted over 25 satisfied customers on preparing documentation for Immigration Court on speaking English & Spanish.
- Accurately interpreted over 20 satisfied customers in preparing documentation for Citizenship Court on speaking English & Spanish.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 3
- Exhibited ability to translate legal documents in Spanish for attorneys, clients, and parties concerned.
- Provided accurate interpretive services in Spanish for non-English speaking clients.
- Served as the official Spanish Interpreter on several occasions at immigration hearings.
- Provided effective interpretation of medical records, medical terminology, and legal issues pertaining to immigration proceedings among the Hispanic community.
- Effectively served as an interpreter at hospital emergency room visits.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 4
- Researched information for Spanish-speaking clients via the Internet and telephone; increased productivity by over 20%.
- Attained awards for outstanding performance of duties; provided vital information to the University of Phoenix, Dept of Education, and students.
- Maintained excellent customer service skills while providing translation services to foreign exchange students.
- Greeted hundreds of people per day at the University of Phoenix; quickly returned calls in less than 15 minutes.
- Met goal by attending over 100 training sessions each year; was recognized as the #1 administrative/clerical employee throughout the University of Phoenix for my Spanish language skills.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 5
- Designed and conducted training sessions for students/employees with language barriers.
- Translated meetings, contracts, etc., from Spanish to English.
- Transcribed court transcripts in both English and Spanish.
- Interpretered conversations in a conference setting involving a diverse group of subjects in a short amount of time.
- Assisted the Office of the President in preparing a Spanish-language video presentation for use in Middle East countries.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 6
- Interpreting native Spanish to English and vice versa for clients, physicians, hospital staff, physicians’ offices, attorneys, school administrators, insurance companies, and courts.
- Assistance in coordinating medical appointments for patients with their health care providers to ensure that any treatment is covered under their insurance plan.
- Interpreted documents for the Multi-Lingual Advocates Office. Interpreted legal documents for individuals entering or exiting the U.S.
- Performed liaison work with hospitals regarding patient treatment information; managed appointments between clients/patients and doctors/clinics; managed hospital billing process; managed school registration process.
- Helped clients to understand the federal and state laws pertaining to their legal matters; explained the difference between administrative and judicial law; explained how to file a claim with the Bureau of Indian Affairs; explained federal and state juvenile court procedures; provided initial intake for families to determine eligibility and options.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 7
- Communicated effectively with clients who spoke Spanish, Macedonian, Albanian, Russian, Serbian, Turkish, and Italian.
- Handled intercultural conflicts between colleagues by counseling coworkers on cultural differences.
- Managed multiple telecommunications devices to provide simultaneous service to customers.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively communicated to customer needs and concerns regarding language interpretation services for non-English speaking clients.
- Took pride in working at a company that valued the importance of diversity and the positive influence it has on organizational productivity and profitability.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 8
- Accurately translated documents according to written guidelines.
- Selected for a special assignment in Puerto Rico to establish new pharmacy accounts.
- Selected for assignment in Ecuadorian Consulate to assist Consul General with grant funding requests.
- Handled multiple assignments simultaneously; established positive relationships with various departments through personable interaction and sensitive interpretation of information.
- Technically competent in computer applications; processed multiple requests for printing, copying, translating, etc., on time.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 9
- Translated syllabic, phonetic, and idiomatic Spanish at various levels of fluency.
- Ensured accuracy and consistency of translations by continually seeking clarification and feedback from clients during field work.
- Developed and expanded client relations with foreign nationals who had limited English proficiency.
- Screened client interviewees for eligibility to participate in an English language workshop; offered assistance during the workshop with the administration of the application form and completion of questionnaires.
- Provided proficient interpretation services to the U.S.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 10
- Accurately translated medical consent form.
- Translated all documents including police reports to Spanish.
- Translated all documents including diagnosis, prescriptions, and instructions to English.
- Accurately interpreted medical records and process the forms accurately.
- Accurately examined maps for accuracy to be directed or directed by a sign interpreter’s directions or a map interpreter’s directions to the correct route.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 11
- Helped resolve customers’ problems, coordinated appointments, and represented management in negotiations.
- Handled office communications; accurately interpreted information gathered from support personnel for superior resolution of issues.
- Effectively implemented standards and internal controls to ensure accurate collection, organization, and handling of vital records.
- Applied a customized computer system to provide a customer service representative with the ability to schedule appointments for patients without additional clerical assistance.
- Learned the Spanish language by listening to Spanish audio tapes as well as conversing with Spanish-speaking individuals outside of work.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 12
- Fulfilled interpreter responsibilities with exceptional accuracy and efficiency.
- Spoke Spanish at a level of proficiency that exceeded the needs of the company as well as the customer’s expectations.
- Recognized as an outstanding performer by his supervisor and coworkers; was nominated for employee of the month which he won twice.
- Received outstanding performance award for his work ethic and consistency in his duties.
- Spoke Spanish so well that he averaged 30 hours per week and was on call 5 days per week. He also went to school on evenings and weekends to improve fluency so he could be on call more often if necessary.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 13
- Traveled to Madrid, Spain, and interpreted for dignitaries at the Reformation Council.
- Provided Spanish language interpretation in coordination with UNZA’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Department of Marketing & Social Media, and Department of Global Initiatives during the International Children’s Games.
- Interpreted for the General Consulate of Mexico during their visit to UNZA.
- Used interpersonal relations skills for effective communication with members of the public.
- Effectively communicate with customers in order to resolve problems and/or inquiries using customer service skills.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 14
- Effectively interpreted for events between corporate officers, medical providers, pathologists, and doctors primarily in the Northwest.
- Provided a high level of customer service to executives in a multi-national corporation located primarily in Mexico.
- Gave Spanish classes to Spanish-speaking American medical students at the University of Washington who wanted to take the USMLE exam.
- Interpreted at two different hospitals in Portland, Oregon; interpreting for Spanish-speaking patients who no longer spoke English either because they had mental disabilities or were developmentally delayed.
- Interpreter for bilingual conferences involving families who did not speak English plus assisted the administrative staff with other duties such as translating correspondence and paperwork into Spanish.
Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 15
- Proactively offered assistance with translating documents for new immigrants.
- Resolved customer concerns regarding medical documentation for service authorization through the use of effective communication techniques in Spanish.
- Achieved professionalism by providing excellent customer service in both English and Spanish.
- Discovered a missing doctor’s order, which saved the company hundreds of dollars per month; recognized by the supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Assisted fellow employees by providing Spanish translations that were accurate and understandable to customers.
To work as a Spanish interpreter, you require a bachelor’s degree in communication or its equivalent and a State Interpreter Certification (SIC). Spanish interpreters must demonstrate excellent verbal skills, attention to detail, patience, integrity, interpersonal skills, listening skills and good computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Spanish Interpreter Resume Samples
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 1
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 2
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 3
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 4
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 5
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 6
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 7
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 8
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 9
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 10
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 11
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 12
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 13
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 14
- Spanish Interpreter Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up