Auctioneers appraise and sell goods to the highest bidder at an auction. Their duties include knowing the value of items to be auctioned, organizing and advertising the auction, overseeing auction bidding and prepare sale bills, and working with sales associates to ensure customer collection and payment of purchased items.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Auctioneer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Auctioneer resumes for your reference.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 1
- Wrote and sold in excess of $300,000 in pure profit.
- Held position as auctioneer for approximately two years.
- Trained twenty new auctioneers during their first six months.
- Sold over $100,000 a month in high-end material for 11 consecutive months without fail.
- Improved sales by developing relationships with customers who appeared to be going through a financial struggle, developed trust, and sold them high-end material at deep cutoffs with low reserves.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 2
- Earned bid on a high-end custom home at an auction, earned commission over $100,000.
- Accomplished sales and managing of large groups of residential properties in the state of Florida.
- Constructed and operated a fully stocked auction house for one year.
- Directed four auctions in one day to acquire over 16 million dollars in sales.
- Recognized as one of the most technically proficient, professionally successful home auctioneers in the nation.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 3
- Increased sales volume of auctioneer services by $300,000 within one year.
- Presented original appraisals with a degree of accuracy that exceeded insurance company standards.
- Raised funds for the American Cancer Society during eleven fund raising auctions, contributing in excess of $30,000; recognized as one of the top three fundraisers in the state.
- Maintained a professional appearance at all times and handled clients in a friendly and courteous manner any time they came to my auction house.
- Expertly interpreted and explained documents during real estate foreclosure auctions; achieved success rate greater than six other auctioneers in business since 1962.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 4
- Increased sales and profits in a small auction house by expanding reach of market through direct mail campaigns.
- Successfully conducted auctioning of personal/household goods, real estate, and vehicles.
- Planned public auctions for schools, churches, businesses, and government organizations.
- Evaluated merchandise for resale value; maintained inventory by keeping books on purchased and sold items.
- Broke previous record for largest gross profit in three consecutive auctions.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 5
- Exhibited diverse speaking, writing, and managerial skills during sales calls at auctions to uncomplicated, self-reliant individuals.
- Transformed “stuff” into cash at auctions; courteously and promptly handled multiple sales daily in a professional manner.
- Performed so-called “sales tricks” in order to evaluate authentications of items; thereby successfully selling thousands of dollars worth of assorted goods.
- Saved over $40,000 worth of auction items from being damaged or stolen due to the vigilance shown during product inspections.
- Kept detailed records of all purchases, sales, and price adjustments; effectively researched pricing trends and market conditions to determine market value evaluations.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 6
- Brought in the top commission check from steady auction sales with the highest online bidder ratings, year after year.
- Listed and promoted over $10M in auctions for home, farm, personal property, vehicles and RVs.
- Accurately valued antiques and collectedibles for appraisal between $50-10M.
- Sold many homes over market value within two weeks; recognized by Realtors for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award as top producer from years of farm equipment auctioneering; effectively sold farm equipment within three days at auction.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 7
- Directed the sale of numerous high-priced items to professional buyers and estate owners.
- Held responsible positions as a front-line salesperson in providing information and maintaining customer relationships.
- Effectively promoted, negotiated and closed sales for customers in real estate, automobile, auction, livestock and personal items.
- Recognized for “Outstanding Performance” by the district manager.
- Received commendation from director of the Auto Appraisal Foundation for the sale of a classic car inside the first nine days of use.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 8
- Quickly became the top sales consultant by exceeding company expectations in both retail and wholesale auctions.
- Promptly fulfilled requests for bids with a short notice before an auction date.
- Motivated buyers to invest in their most desired items at their highest bidding prices, based on estimates from my experience and research.
- Successfully closed on over $3,000,000 of business by following up with buyers who did not attend the auction and securing their bids for later submission during an extended period of time.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding bid prices and product quality by promptly refunding money or replacing products.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 9
- Auctioned 200 items in a year. Accepted bids in person and online. Handled payment and delivery. Honored return policies with satisfaction.
- Opening bid elicited on average $15 more than the high estimate; sold an antique carriage for three times the high estimate for $4,500; handled call-in Bids to secure a sale of $3,000 over the high estimate.
- Restored an 1860s farmhouse to attract regional interest from local and print publications; hosted five-day event that received numerous accolades from attendees, one being “the most unique home auction I have ever seen.
- Introduced new auction techniques to close the sale, including announcing prices in installments, using descriptive words and phrases, and using “dot-the-i” expressions.
- Grew to 18 years of experience in the professional auction industry and created a unique success mantra.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 10
- Sold items for over $30,000 to its collection.
- Over $15,000 of its sales were at liquidation auctions that were held for a few weeks then sold at auction for cash.
- Aided in the bidding process; gained experience in selling goods.
- Organized and facilitated wholesaler’s annual sales events; effectively handled customers’ inquiries, needs, and problems.
- Taught booth personnel to sell goods as if they were also buyers while breaking down their interests and needs which allowed them to effectively sell items.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 11
- Executed biddings, sales, and bidding strategies for a profitable return on behalf of customers at government auctions.
- Raised the price on large-ticket items by 20% during each sale; generated an average of $250,000 income per month for the company.
- Obtained and maintained top position as the company’s lead auctioneer and number one sales agent.
- Handled large crowds and auctioned a variety of items from an airplane to truckloads of goods.
- Concluded $100,000 auctions on time with an average of one minute to spare.
Auctioneer Resume Sample 12
- Obtained commitment from management for several high-volume projects totaling $250,000 per month in new business.
- Dominated high volume auction in Chicago; increased New Business by 25 percent within first six months.
- Established successful relationship with clients and sales purposes; successfully transferred knowledge from one sale to another via practical demonstrations.
- Grew annual revenue to $800,000 per year over three years by sharing role of Regional Sales Manager with vacant territories until receiving overdue sales goals of 70 percent completion at the beginning of fourth year.
- Committed myself to being a positive factor in my success by learning the importance of teamwork, leadership, communication skills and self-confidence.
To work as an Auctioneer, you need at least a high school diploma or equivalent and any state-required professional auctioneer certifications. Auctioneers should demonstrate charisma, excellent communication, and persuasive skills, organization, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, great attention to detail, ability to speak quickly.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.