Lean manufacturing engineers are responsible for deploying lean manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing costs. Their main duties include buying new manufacturing equipment, developing safety measurements systems, reducing manufacturing costs, training and mentoring new staff, reaching budget targets and evaluating improvements that can be done.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Lean Manufacturing Engineer resumes for your reference.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Performed as a lead inspector for the manufacturing of parts according to specifications and received praise from production manager for maximizing amount of parts produced and minimizing defectives.
- Designed an improved assembly line workflow which led to elimination of an excessive $12,000 per month cost; created prototype at own expense and received $25,000 bonus.
- Selected as team leader to facilitate implementation of a rapid improvement program (RIP) that yielded annual savings of $5 million and was presented Award for Excellence in Engineering.
- Selected as team member to facilitate implementation of a RIP that yielded annual savings of $6 million; the process was presented as Best Case Study at National 17th Annual Conference.
- Demonstrated leadership in a project that resulted in annual savings of $350,000; program was selected as Best Project at the same conference.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Developed and maintained an effective work process to improve manufacturing efficiency, investigated new equipment technology, identified problems, improved workflow and implemented solutions.
- Effectively documented procedures and procedures.
- Identified areas needing improvement through interviewing management; acted as the Quality Technician.
- Achieved outstanding individual evaluation; effectively resolved issues for customers; effectively responded to customer complaints.
- Achieved award for quality participation; completed quality surveys accurately and on time with proper documentation.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Designed computerized manufacturing control for a major auto manufacturer, resulting in an average of $120,000 in savings each month based on reduced scrap and rework.
- Saved company $200,000 per year by improving quality control process.
- Received recognition for completing projects on schedule with no overtime paid to the staff during the final phase of construction.
- Redesigned production line and increased throughput by 10%.
- Designed and implemented cost-effective work scheduling program; recognized as one of “six star performers” at regional level.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Designed and produced small runs of product.
- Analysed data collected from manufacturing process in order to improve efficiency, product quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Gained recognition from Wolverine World Wide for manufacturing innovation in cutting edge technologies in analytical instrumentation to ensure reliable product delivery.
- Achieved award for high performing employee in a highly demanding job which also required a high degree of technical proficiency to ensure maximum production output.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively analysed customer feedback gathered through surveys conducted by customers regarding product quality.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Reduced design cycle time and cost by 50% and 25%, respectively, through the implementation of more than 20 process improvements.
- Planned and executed lean manufacturing events for 800 unionized employees resulting in $680,000 in savings on annual operating costs.
- Implemented waste-free strategies such as SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies), Kanban, Standard Work, Jidoka, Visual Factory, 5S and MPS (Muda, Poka-Yoke) resulting in an 80% reduction in waste; decreased defects per million by 10 fold; increased NPS (Net Promoter Score) average to over 95%.
- Reduced cycle time and capex (capital expenditure) for all welded pipe from 50 to 10 minutes.
- Negotiated a contract valued at $15 million with a government agency resulting in savings of $2 million through the implementation of Lean Manufacturing methods.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Designed a set of production cells to meet a materials delivery schedule, resulting in a 400% improvement in productivity.
- Refined a lean production model by identifying the current problems and associated costs, which resulted in an immediate reduction of expenses for janitorial services and inventory costs.
- Suggested retooling machines to improve flow from the assembly line, ultimately saving the company over $2 million annually.
- Eliminated equipment downtime by recommending preventative maintenance schedules that minimized defects and downtime.
- Reduced scrap rate by consolidating electronic parts inventory to one location, which ultimately eliminated excess warehouse space and labor hours associated with manually re-locating inventory.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Used visual and graphic design skills, presenting and reporting to effectively communicate with marketing and sales personnel the lean principles and the impact on production cost and quality.
- Created a production bank called “The Bottom Line.”
- Performed statistical analysis on data pertaining to waste reduction/productivity, effectiveness of existing work cells, and estimated manpower requirements.
- Performed statistical analysis of direct labor hours for each product line.
- Created a job order bank where job orders were ordered in sequential order, prior to starting production. The bank was used to establish the necessary amounts of material requirements needed to start each job order prior to starting production.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Established and implemented a Quality Planning Process, which included:
- Conducted and rated assigned tasks and defects; analyzed data and trends in review of the inventory and/or equipment and proposed solutions for potential savings.
- Conducted market analysis on the current performance of items in inventory or equipment; recommended changes that would improve efficiency.
- Researched new products to determine the price of the product to avoid any cost overruns.
- Applied lean concepts such as visual management, process flow diagrams, cause-and-effect charts, value stream maps, kanban flow charts, lean manufacturing methods including 5S, kaizen methods etc. to achieve lean manufacturing objectives.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Achieved award for reducing lead time on production lines; streamlined processes and improved efficiency of equipment.
- Recognized by the CEO for achieving top-level performance; according to surveys conducted by the Association of Quality Focused Manufacturers, exceeded quality standards of 95% on the final assembly line.
- Mentored employees and consistently achieved award for superior productivity; according to employee survey, improvements resulted in greater satisfaction and higher morale.
- Earned recognition as a team leader; according to employee surveys, led teams through turbulent times with ease and poise.
- Earned distinction as Process Engineering Team Leader; recognized by upper management for training employees in lean manufacturing practices.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Selected as senior contributor to the implementation of lean manufacturing techniques resulting in a 50% productivity increase over a 12-month period.
- Wrote and implemented robust process control software, saving more than $200,000 annually on material usage.
- Developed new lean manufacturing processes for product assembly resulting in a 25% productivity increase on line 4.
- Achieved above target performance rating with a 100% record of meeting shipping schedule requirements each month.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to product repair issues.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Reduced scrap, rework, and overall costs by 50% in the 2nd quarter of 2006; recognized as one of the top three Lean Leaders for 2006.
- Streamlined processes to reduce cycle time, lead time, and increase production by 100%; exceeded all delivery dates throughout 2005.
- Trained internal staff in lean manufacturing techniques; eliminated waste to improve productivity by 80% over six months; contributed to company’s award for manufacturing excellence (2006).
- Implemented lean techniques to improve cycle time by 20% over 90 days; received award for completing process improvement project ahead of schedule (2007).
- Reduced overall costs by 52% over 12 months; recognized as one of the top five lean leaders for 2007.
To work as a lean manufacturing engineer, you require a bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or its equivalent and certification by the Lean Certification Alliance (LCA). Lean manufacturing engineers must demonstrate technical skills, analytical skills, teamwork, leadership skills, communication skills, organizational skills and an eye for detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Samples
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up