An instrumentation technician takes care of medical or electrical instruments and equipment. Their responsibilities include installing instruments, identifying instrument problems, making repairs, ensuring safety in handling the equipment, performing daily performance checks, and responding to maintenance requests.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Instrumentation Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Instrumentation Technician resumes for your reference.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 1
- Performed instrumentation and maintenance for various production plants, outplants, and customers. Closed production shortages and expedited equipment repairs, improving productivity to meet deadlines.
- Established over 1,000 parts and accessories inventory procedures and procedures through sales tax templates. Established standard operating procedure documents to improve factory equipment efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Performed preventive maintenance on an array of mechanical machines at numerous production plants for heavy-duty manufacturers in the automotive industry.
Assisted in troubleshooting service calls when needed.Assessed equipment problems with cost analysis. Assisted in the resolution of manufacturing deficiency problems.
- Performed service calls on main equipment. Troubleshot, diagnosed, and repaired problems which ranged from simple adjustments to major overhauls. Assessed and repaired equipment performance problems.
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and repaired various machines in the automobile industry. Assisted in the resolution of production or manufacturing deficiency problems.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 2
- Maintained and repaired various installations.
- Analyzed and dismantled damaged machinery, equipment, and piping systems for recycling, salvage, or replacement.
- Corrected problems by repairing defective equipment, materials, or adjustments to prevent breakdowns or failures of machinery or plants.
- Monitored the operation of all equipment to make certain that they are working properly.
- Trained operators in new methods for handling machinery problems.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 3
- Supplied instrumentation services to various clients during challenging work hours and in various locations.
- Communicated effectively with co-workers and customers, but found the most challenging to relate to was his own daughter.
- Trained and mentored many co-workers in instrumentation.
- Accredited by the Society of Instrument and Weighing Technology, Inc. (SIWT). The Society is a professional organization dedicated to promoting the use of and educating about technology and applying this knowledge in a practical way.
- Received commendation for completing a project well ahead of schedule; made improvements that improved operation efficiency by 15% over previous system configurations.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 4
- Successfully repaired and upgraded an air-cooled water pump for a municipal water authority.
- Troubleshot and repaired a 30 year-old sewer line to avoid the need for replacement of the entire system.
- Fixed temperature, pressure control elements on a low temperature storage tank by removing caps and installing proper fuses.
- Repaired electrical devices that controlled stages of furnace operation; set stage temperatures; serviced heater elements; and checked for proper operation on an oil furnace.
- Installed and adjusted appliances (water pump, electric motor, dryer, storage tank, etc.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 5
- Diagnosed and repaired malfunctions and breakdowns in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems; resolved problems for numerous buildings in city owned facility.
- Supervised installation of A/C units; recognized for completing over 100 installations in a timely manner with high quality.
- Maintained HVAC equipment, changed filters, performed routine maintenance tasks, accurately diagnosed and made repairs on various equipment.
- Superseded 90% of HVAC industry safety requirements by using safety lines while working at heights on gurneys and roof-tops.
- Researched, developed, and implemented procedures for safely maintaining computer systems.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 6
- Served as a technician for over 20 years in a variety of industries.
- Received training in Fluorometric equipment, the latest in digital computer technology, and a certificate to perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Instructed CLEP courses to incoming college students which included labor management and political science.
- Developed new ideas for enhancing productivity, safety, efficiency, and customer service from incoming university students from non-technical backgrounds.
- Achieved expert level proficiency in multiple industries for 35 years by working almost exclusively with clearances to work on oil and gas pipelines and power transmission lines.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 7
- Inspected and tested 100% of all electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Serviced a complete overhaul of a hydraulic system’s piping and pump module to include proper usage/installation of sensors, filters, and accumulators.
- Delivered a tool for the inspection of PLC devices. Provided solutions for electrical problems encountered during operation.
- Developed procedures to test the accuracy and diagnostics of an accelerator.
- Utilized diagnostic software to identify cause of error codes in a PLC processing unit that resulted in the expedient repair of the system without customer disruption.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 8
- Installed, maintained, and repaired instruments of precision for research purposes.
- Assisted in the maintenance and repair of facility instrumentation equipment.
- Ensured safety measures were taken during facility instrumentation equipment installation and repair for high voltage work.
- Conducted preventive maintenance on both building mechanical systems and facility instrumentation equipment.
- Performed repairs of test equipment involving soldering, mechanical adjustments, calibration, cleaning, and lubrication.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 9
- Installed and maintained instrumentation for fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, smoke detectors, and small electrical devices.
- Replaced and repaired motor control amplifiers.
- Installed and repaired remote starter equipment.
- Replaced hydraulic motor control units.
- Performed various maintenance activities to various equipment in a warehouse setting.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 10
- Used math, logic, technology, and the capabilities of tools to achieve specific objectives.
- Diagnosed machine problems by performing various functions on machines while gaining experience.
- Identified, diagnosed, and corrected machine problems in a timely manner.
- Maintained complete documentation on all machine problems solved within time limits.
- Performed additional duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the facility without disrupting operations.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 11
- Troubleshot and repaired numerous problems on processing, utility, and manufacturing equipment.
- Established standard operating procedures for more effective utilization of machinery.
- Maintained safe working environment by repairing facility-related equipment.
- Purchased office equipment to enhance office appearance while saving money for company.
- Restructured department organization to alleviate unsafe work conditions while reducing workers’ compensation insurance costs by 30%.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 12
- Maintained and repaired over 10,000 pieces of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Gave great service to the company by exceeding customer expectations for product quality, service, and delivery.
- Performed both preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment; identified hazardous conditions; replaced components; and provided support in all aspects of system diagnosis.
- Asserted authority when necessary to insure customer satisfaction with all aspects of system function and maintenance.
- Supported educational and technical services for various facilities in accordance with Federal Management Systems (FS) guidelines.
Instrumentation Technician Resume Sample 13
- Served as the instrumentation technician for an air conditioning company’s fifteen (15) equipment unit, which included thirteen (13) HVAC units and two (2) chillers.
- Performed all assigned maintenance tasks, including cleaning, lubricating, troubleshooting, and repairing air conditioning units; ensured compliance with city codes.
- Repaired internal combustion gasoline engines for trucks and off-road trailers; performed all required safety checks.
- Troubleshooted outages for refrigeration systems which were caused by normal wear & tear on refrigerators; repaired refrigerators to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Installed and repaired computers; critical to the safety of oil rig workers; supervised the installation and repair of multiple computer systems including personal, workstation, and server systems.
To be an instrumentation technician, you must have at least an Associate’s degree in Instrumentation Technology and may be required to gain certification through the International Society of Automation or the National Institute for Certification of Engineering Technologies. Instrumentation technicians should have familiarity with hand tools and measuring tools, mathematical skills, mechanical skills, computer skills, communication skills, analytical skills, and physical ability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.