Manufacturing supervisors are responsible for overseeing the production process. Their duties include hiring and training employees, assessing manufacturing efficiency, inspecting manufactured products, meeting safety guidelines, arranging employee schedules, and creating and maintaining a budget.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Manufacturing Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Developed a “Workout While You Work” program that, when successfully implemented by all employees, increased productivity while reducing workplace injuries.
- Captured the coveted “Region 1 Manufacturing Supervisor of the Year Award” twice in three years.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service and satisfaction; effectively handled all customer complaints, issues, and concerns, while increasing sales and profits.
- Instituted and enforced safety guidelines for machinists during peak production periods; no machinist injuries were reported over four consecutive quarters.
- Recognized as an effective communicator; established smooth working relationships between employees and coworkers to achieve superior results in product quality and delivery time.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Hired, trained, and supervised 25 people in a manufacturing environment, increasing productivity by 15% within the first six months of management.
- Trained workers in problem-solving and conflict resolution to achieve goal setting and stress relief.
- Took products to market at a market price of $30 that sold for $17; hired experienced sales force.
- Designed prototype for bomb-proof mattress springs; engineered springs with 8,000 lbs capacity to maximize comfort while maintaining military standards.
- Distributed plant operations between three factories; increased profit by a projected $2 million annually through the utilization of excess facilities.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Directed and supervised over 150 employees of assigned production areas to ensure efficient, quality, and cost effective performance.
- Developed and instituted new equipment for operations in partnership with corporate human resources and management.
- Implemented multi-level progressive training for subordinates and designed an interactive training environment that enhanced the understanding of assigned duties.
- Mentored a team of employees from various departments on how to work as a cohesive team in the new IT program.
- Seeded individual initiative and growth through positive reinforcement for subordinates; built a business culture of trust, respect, loyalty, honesty, integrity, hard work, safety, pride in self and fellow employees.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Increased production output by over 15% per month, while increasing the quality of the product during the same time frame.
- Created a new track record of improving customer quality and customer satisfaction; he fended off a serious case of boredom and depression, as well as brought enthusiasm back to the workplace after years of declining morale.
- Introduced innovative production techniques that simplified and streamlined the manufacturing process to increase efficiency by nearly 30%.
- Established an accurate customer-satisfaction index for all plants under his supervision; he collected data on everything from complaints to productivity, with an emphasis on both.
- Assisted a manufacturing plant in the Middle East to improve worker safety and productivity, improve the accuracy of quality controls, and reduce pollution output by as much as 80% without loss in production.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Achieved departmental 30% productivity increase through new methods, upgraded machinery and equipment, redesigned layouts, and thorough communication.
- Initiated “teamwork” attitude by establishing personal relationships with employees and identifying individual strengths to boost employee morale.
- Discovered under-utilization of automated equipment and completed a capital proposal for the implementation of the program thereby increasing monthly production output.
- Developed a methodology for cost accounting that increased operating efficiency by 30% saving the company $1.6 million annually.
- Reduced scrap, rework, defects, and warranty costs exceeding $2.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Appointed by upper management to supervise all material operations, scheduling, and personnel in the manufacturing company.
- Developed a Quality Control program that reduced labor costs by 45% and increased productivity by 200%.
- Obtained new equipment for the plant at no cost to the company due to a large donation of $10 million.
- Initiated and directed radical changes in product development and manufacturing processes; decreased cost per case by 80% and increase production by 1200 cases annually.
- Increased total sales of the manufacturing business between 40-100%, as well as increasing profits between 100-300% per year during my term as President of the company.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Achieved ISO-9001 certification for the company’s technical and administrative processes for fabricating a product line.
- Identified and reduced the production equipment downtime from 6.5 days to 0.83 days within first three months of employment.
- Raised productivity by 10% in first year of employment, as compared to the previous 12-month period; also contributed to 600% productivity increase over one month period by training employees in problem solving skills and motivational techniques for success in their jobs.
- Hired, trained, and oversaw activities of new employee; developed teamwork within the plant operations department which resulted in an increase in production output of 20%.
- Purchased new equipment for the plant; achieved training rating of certified Lean Manufacturing expert.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Maintained the optimum quality, production, and inventories of critical raw materials and components for major customer shipments.
- Direct and sustained the managerial process for establishing and improving productivity on an international scale for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of ammunition.
- Determined new product specifications and accepted counteroffers from vendors under contractual terms with the option to terminate at any time.
- Developed superior customer service skills in both English and Spanish caused by interaction with 25 different countries in sales meetings, conferences, seminars, meetings, new product development meetings, customer forums, etc.
- Excelled in new product introduction; ran the first manufacturing line in the United States to produce this new product.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Streamlined production with increased efficiency by 20% and reduced downtime.
- Reduced scrap by 50%, saving $100,000 for the company.
- Recognized for outstanding quality workmanship by being selected as the sole employee to represent our division at a National Quality Conference in Washington, D.C. where I was recognized with several awards including a standing ovation from 200 of my peers for my contribution to this division’s success.
- Increased sales by establishing and maintaining good relationships with distributors throughout the United States and Mexico; known as “the one person that always delivers”.
- Solved problems when things went wrong; discovered solutions not previously considered.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Cited new product development, labor efficiency, and functional efficiencies as key factors in superior plant performance.
- Received annual product awards for innovative design and quality for a variety of products.
- Improved productivity by over 20% through the application of lean manufacturing methods.
- Named a Twenty-Five (25) Packager of the Year by an independent industry source.
- Recognized with other manufacturing leaders as a Plant Manager of the Year in excess of $300 million annual sales volume.
Manufacturing Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Streamlined work operations in a safe manner, increasing production productivity by 20% without sacrificing quality. Streamlined duties included inventory management and vendor communications.
- Collaborated with corporate leaders to secure government funding for revolutionary research project and manufacturing facility expansions, while ensuring efficient implementation of contractors’ bids.
- Expanded the mass production of state-of-the-art advanced aerospace components after implementing revised work procedures that reduced cost per product by approximately 14%.
- Personally contributed over $100,000 to revenue increases through key innovations in packaging that decreased delays in product shipment by a record 16% while also reducing waste and inventory costs.
To be a manufacturing supervisor, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field. Manufacturing supervisors should also have familiarity with safety regulations, manufacturing experience, strong communication skills, time management skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, and the ability to multi task.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.