Epic Analysts provide support for workers in the healthcare system who use the Epic software. Their duties include analyzing data and presenting improvements, testing applications, enabling solutions, responding to needs from each department, aiding in the design and implementation process, developing and following policies and procedures, and carrying out various assigned tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Epic Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Epic Analyst resumes for your reference.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Designed data base to track, monitor, and control intake of Epic orders for Emergency Department.
- Aided in the design process of a patient flow software program that not only increased revenue but also improved efficiency.
- Identified customer satisfaction issues in a division that had recently reorganized its processes and procedures; implemented division-wide changes that saved division more than $50,000.
- Championed an initiative to include requirements from “problem” customers in company’s incoming order systems for product enhancements; contributed to significant sales growth when new enhancements enabled customers’ orders to be processed more efficiently.
- Led cross-functional team in the identification of opportunities related to core business processes impacted by the merger; identified seven areas where processes were enhanced by the merger, increasing productivity and customer satisfaction.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Authored the technical specification for the EpicCare EMR at my hospital.
- Gathered requirements for EpicCare implementation by interviewing internal stakeholders, managers, physicians, nurses ,and department staff in several departments of multiple hospitals in eight states.
- Researched industry best practices to improve patient-safety in our facility during five months of data analysis and research .
- Received appreciation from Administrator with successful reduction in medication dosage errors after proposal on quality improvement via standardization of pharmacy language within EpicCare documentation.
- Collaborated with physicians across multiple departments to get global buy-in on cross-departmental responsibilities after leadership that helped create ICD10 Voice of the Customer Survey.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Successfully negotiated a critical information sharing agreement between two companies.
- Assisted in the deployment of a new data-sharing system for physicians, nurses, and patients across the Ochsner Health System.
- Spearheaded efforts to develop a computer interface that allows patients access to their lab results, medical record information, and an up-to-date list of medications directly from their homes via secure internet connection.
- Pioneered web-based mainframe applications developed with various healthcare organizations including lead research wikis in conjunction with UK Level-3 Hospital IT experts during project lead initiative.
- Identified possible sources of information disclosure after performing thorough security reviews on large scale clinical trial platforms.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Encouraged the development of new processes that improved product quality, increased efficiency, and drove down costs in order to enhance customer service.
- Managed over 20 key technology projects in Epic Operations at the University Hospital.
- Provided analysis on more than 200 Medical Surgical patient records per month for documentation review. Ensured complete and accurate medical record documentation is completed per established standards and organizes information into a patient education packet.
- Performed over 100 data extracts from EPIC system daily to provide reports as requested by physicians for their clinics or patients’ care plans. Reviewed query results to ensure accuracy and resolved issues within 24 hours of notification.
- Completed electronic filing project 90% ahead of schedule while working to resolve identified issues with Epic department.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Develop an analysis of the Epic system used in all medical facilities with 100% accuracy.
- Resolve multiple complex Epic problems for over four different hospitals within a timely manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with physicians who are using the Epic system daily to save lives.
- Gather information from team members across all departments to accurately resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Keep current on new updates, enhancements, and patches to maintain expertise on latest software functionality.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Researched, documented, and presented analysis of trends in healthcare reform.
- Analyzed clinical data to identify problem areas that may result in the loss of federal funding.
- Developed project timelines with client team members to assemble presentations for executive review.
- Ensured accuracy of coding for accurate reimbursement rates by auditing entered data through medical records retrieval systems.
- Initiated efforts to develop new procedures for documenting compliance requirements on accepted cases.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Called on to rapidly analyze complex software, customer requirements, and defects under high stress conditions.
- Acted as key support for development teams during the implementation of Epic across all hospital Toronto Division clinics.
- Provided 24/7 emergency escalation support to critical software incidents within a team of six.
- Nominated by the Production Leadership Team as a candidate for Software Engineer of the Year due to outstanding performance in Quality Assurance group tasks.
- Awarded ‘Best Solution’ designation from clients by providing fast effective resolutions with limited supervision and guidance throughout 8 months of teamwork.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Identified cost saving strategies when team member in a multiple user, windows environment.
- Research and analyze both clinical and operational factors to determine current level of performance.
- Expedited analysis process through data mining techniques that increased speed by 20%.
- Provided guidance for handling unusual transactions during the implementation project.
- Created 10 Epic training modules for identifying weaknesses in knowledge areas of new analysts on the team.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Contributed to the development of a multi-disciplinary matrix that allowed for efficient and comprehensive information flow between healthcare providers and insurance companies.
- Authored evaluation of technology required for new project initiatives; resulting in improved communication among stakeholders involved.
- Published article on reasons why there is such a large variance between national average cost per case and those processed by each individual state.
- Collaborated with representatives from multiple departments to coordinate Epic S7 System implement; successfully transitioned the hospital to an electronic medical records environment.
- Trained several nursing staff at two hospitals on use of EHR system, including specialized training within specific areas of applications. Other duties included creating programs detailing workflow and clinical decision support.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Sorted through over 100,000 patient records to determine needed services and appropriate actions to be taken.
- Managed a data entry staff of 7 individuals. Implemented the Epic-wide EMR training session for new employees to ensure proper utilization of resources.
- Trained surgeons, lab technicians, nurses, and other medical professionals in accurate documentation procedures resulting from Epic conversions to fully integrated systems.
- Pioneered development of “The Dean’s List” program; allotted financial support for 10 students who demonstrated excellence in classroom performance and community involvement.
- Built rapport with hospital leadership by generating an innovative idea that reduced mortality rates by 10%. Prepared presentation with accompanying visuals that attracted attention from all levels of staff members.
Epic Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Improved production rate to 98%; received award from management for outstanding performance.
- Innovated new quality measures to improve procedures, resulting in earning recognition as a team member who went above and beyond the call of duty.
- Negotiated contract with local hospital that allowed expansion of departmental services.
- Devised training program for specific software applications to facilitate productivity outside standard work hours; recognized by immediate superior for outstanding work ethic.
- Studied throughout evening hours using multiple reference materials to complete Epic workflow document within budget time constraint; earned commendation from supervisor for teamwork and initiative.
To become an Epic Analyst, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. You must be fluent in technical terminology, have abstract thinking, an analytical mind, attention to detail, motivation towards an ultimate goal, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, manage stress, troubleshoot, and work on a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.