A Student Assistant is typically employed by a business school or center for continuing study. Duties include completing clerical tasks that are assigned to them, copying documents, filing paperwork, running errands for faculty or staff members, making copies of lecture slides/notes, taking reservations for events held on campus. The top skills for this position are customer service flexibility, effective communication skills (including the ability to operate basic office equipment), staying organized, and attention to detail. A high school diploma or equivalent is required but previous experience in an administrative setting can be helpful.
The Best Student Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Student Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Provide a productive study environment for students by monitoring noise levels, making supplies available for use, and keeping the study area clean.
- Assist students by answering questions about tutoring, and directions, and by resolving computer and printing-related issues to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Record, check and approve students’ requests for study room reservations to confirm there are no conflicts with the date, time, and room scheduled.
- Corresponded with parents/students on all aspects of college life and provided assistance with paperwork and filing.
- Contributed to student evaluation by participating in continuous improvement projects, such as preparing a student report schedule, identifying related information, and typing correspondence.
- Promote service meetings, workshops, and other activities to improve the learning skills of students.
- Mentor and assist students in choosing the right courses suited to their interests and needs.
- Maintain a positive environment and assist with answering questions that allow students to feel welcome.
- Manage office support such as accurate copying, filing, and answering phone calls.
- Created student schedules, posted schedules on the wall, and maintain records in a binder for students who were off-campus during the summer.
- Created and executed about 40 job chains using the scheduling tool Automic App works to automate the processes thereby increasing productivity and consistency of output, documenting all these processes and test cases.
- Created more than 90 reports using the Business Intelligence tool Cognos and complex SQL queries and PL/SQL code for various department heads which can be used for future planning and decision making.
- Provided support for the IT team and enterprise information systems needs to different users within one or more function offices.
- Helped coordinate activities and set up events such as parties, high school graduations, and group meetings for media/public relations purposes. Also prepared food for meetings/events (baked desserts and sandwiches).
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration in 2 years and 6 months; achieved Dean’s List academic status every semester.
- Perform administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment with a focus on student affairs.
- Manage ticket sales for events and complete forms for guest registration.
- Interact with financial services to drop off funds and pick up paychecks.
- Aided in managing an online E-Business; assisted in establishing partnerships, participated in on-site visits to businesses, coordinated travel arrangements, and provided administrative assistance.
- Managed incoming customer calls during a customer service survey implemented by the Dallas E-Business Office; maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through effective employee handling of customer concerns and questions.
- Organized and managed large speaking events and seminars.
- Conducted research tasks to assist larger projects led by professors and graduate students.
- Issued reimbursements for grant recipients and performed Salesforce data entry.
- Trained employees to properly document their work activities using company software; introduced employees to new programs by providing information, materials, and training.
- Assisted with the implementation of over ten thousand dollars in new technology which transferred and filed student data for two classrooms of students.
- Manage reservations & loans on equipment & materials for faculty, staff & students through FileMaker Pro Software.
- Implement quality control by establishing an information index on the media equipment & its lending policies & procedures, as well as maintaining a detailed record of equipment & media conditions.
- Evaluate renters’ needs & make appropriate recommendations, resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Organized class notes, tests, and slides for the Class of 1999; an outstanding contribution to the Senior Project.
- Installed floor tiles and carpet in a new wing of the library; made possible by donations from parents, staff members, and students.
- Perform a variety of responsible records management duties related to document management and electronic student record keeping.
- Ensure effective support for department operations and compliance with applicable public records laws and regulations.
- Indexed and maintained transcripts, major changes, and withdrawal forms.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Improved public relations by volunteering at community events as a Student Ambassador; presented Student Association at Open House and orientation sessions.
- Provided multi-language translations to assist students and visitors with applications and campus visits.
- Coordinated with admission counselors on event hosting such as Admission Fair, arranged guest lists, sat the location, sent out invitations, and welcomed guests.
- Guided applicants through application difficulties; and accelerated the application process.
- Accurately recorded and categorized information from the Finance department that helped supply the University with a new computer system.
- Effective time management skills allowed me to complete my work for a Bank of America Credit Card Company; overall, my efforts resulted in saving 15,000 man-hours of employee time.
- Inspect over 400 driver records with identical SSNs to determine the next step in criminal investigations.
- Investigate criminal header records for patterns, anomalies, and suspicious similarities.
- Developed a spreadsheet to facilitate and streamline the merging of duplicate DMV records.
- Promptly handled daily customer service needs by having an in-depth knowledge of each computer program.
- Dealt with difficult customers, such as student-athletes, by patiently listening to their problems and providing effective solutions.
- Assisted students with applications regarding graduate-level health programs such as medical school, nursing school, enrichment programs, etc.
- Reviewed personal statements as well as prepared and oversaw scanning and organizing of applicant files.
- Shadowed advisors on academic advising for students pursuing medical, dental, and health professions in course planning, career exploration, and extracurricular activities.
- Successfully assisted pre-graduation students with their research paper submissions, achieving full credit on all papers written.
- Accomplished 22 tasks, in a timely manner, handling secretarial and administrative duties such as printing and mailing envelopes, greeting students and parents, sending mail to parents regarding the start-up of classes, and managing student information files.
- Greeted and assist students, employers, and faculty and respond to respective inquiries.
- Promoted events to the student population using social media websites including Facebook and Twitter.
- Conducted benchmarking with undergraduate students to solicit ideas for future programs and events.
- Accomplished 30 tasks, in a timely manner, handling secretarial, administrative, and clerical tasks such as dictation of notes, and transposition of files into a computerized format for filing.
- Accomplished 45 tasks with a high priority on time management skills; quickly completed projects involving paperwork assignments from school principal requiring end-of-day review. Created task lists for prioritizing assigned responsibilities.
- Support modules presented by teachers and revise material with students individually or in small clusters.
- Enforce class instructions to aid students for more suitable performance.
- Assist teacher when preparing for lessons by receiving supplies ready or setting up equipment, such as computers, handing out test booklets and or paper and school supplies.
- Learned to prioritize tasks and assignments according to efficiency, expediency, and results.
- Assisted in maintaining the daily operation of a community center.
How to Become a Successful Student Assistant?
- The educational requirements for this position are somewhat loose, as most student assistants are hired from older students in more advanced stages of their degree to assist younger students with their own experience. However, a bachelor’s in education or administration should suffice for older applicants.
- Your primary role will always be one of assistance, so you will want to make sure you always strive to be helpful and answer as many questions as possible from students so they are less confused. If you prove to be a reliable source of information, the student will send their friends your way for assistance.
- Some of the most common questions from students will be about financial aid, classes to take, their prospective majors, and other aspects of student life. You will want to be well versed in all the potential resources available so that even if you personally cannot answer a question you can guide them to the right place.
Depending on your strengths, you may end up focusing on different aspects of student life, such as financial queries or social events. Working to match your specialty to your personality will make you a far more convincing and helpful assistant as it will make students feel far more at ease with you.
Going to college, regardless of the desired degree, can be an amazing but simultaneously nerve-wracking and confusing experience that will make students look for assistance both off and on campus for all of their questions. A student assistant is there to answer questions and help new students find their way through their education.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.