Family Support Workers provide service of guidance and counseling to families. Their main functions include educating the family, constant visitation, supporting parents in problems identification, giving advice and solution, giving instructions on health and life, keeping clients’ records and maintaining relationship.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Family Support Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Family Support Worker resumes for your reference.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 1
- Assisted family members with mental, physical, and behavioral health challenges by helping to determine appropriate care based on their specific needs.
- Provided information for a monthly home visit program; identified potential clients who needed services provided by the charity.
- Assisted the director by providing information at the monthly board meeting; summarized data from family members’ Home Health Aide surveys and program evaluation forms.
- Arranged transportation for a client’s medical appointments; obtained proper authorization and confirmation of attendance of all scheduled appointments.
- Provided information regarding a program enhancement to the department head; included reasons for its success, along with data that demonstrated increased client satisfaction and participation in services.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on Customer Survey Rating from customers who had applied for a loan with the organization.
- Delivered support services to residents in a manner that sustained an atmosphere of dignity and respect; achieved superior rating by supervisors; achieved excellent rating by directors.
- Performed duties in a manner consistent with the mission of the organization; maintained care of the environment through proper disposal of donor materials and choosing environmentally sound equipment.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 3
- Provided families with support, information, and referrals for daycare, food pantries, and domestic violence programs.
- Prepared children’s backpacks for those leaving hospitals, shelters, and schools.
- Maintained accurate data on client’s services provided to agencies as requested by all departments within the agency.
- Interviewed clients about changes in their family life and domestic violence cases.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with verbal and written reports.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 4
- Provides individual and group counseling to clients; helps educate them about services available and refer them to other support agencies.
- Joined senior centerboard; initiated sober student program whereby participants meet weekly to discuss issues relevant to school and peer group.
- Successfully lobbied for increased funding for rehabilitation center; was instrumental in seeking additional funds from other sources.
- Created a poster that was displayed at a national conference on Alzheimer’s disease, resulting in increased awareness of the problem.
- Developed a training program that teaches fellow workers how best to communicate with clients’ families, increasing efficiencies at the charity.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 5
- Assisted the Hispanic Community Center families with translating documents and medical bills.
- Provided technical assistance to Spanish-speaking families needing further education, financial assistance, legal services, food stamps, and housing programs.
- Served as liaison to community agencies and providers; ensured that families were receiving all available resources.
- Coordinator of special events; managed event attendance and provided relevant information to participants.
- Trained volunteers in computer technology use; assisted in training Spanish-speaking staff members.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 6
- Developed and provided personal care for children with special needs; increased the parents’ ability to fulfill their duties as parents.
- Helped facilitate the reunification of a child with a family; influenced the appropriate placement of the child by providing psychological counseling, emotional support, and encouragement.
- Facilitated playdates for youngsters with disabilities.
- Initiated therapy interventions for children with disabilities; secured Medicaid funding; assisted child’s parent to provide needed services.
- Provided services to families in need according to policies established by the organization; secured grant monies from private donors as well as government agencies.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 7
- Coordinated a school program for children with disabilities. Identified potential uses of each individual’s potential, goals, and objectives; implemented a task-planning system for each child.
- Conducted evaluation interview, identifying medical and psychological limitations. Used appropriate assessment methods to assess limitations and interventions.
- Facilitated group sessions, which included the children’s families or the child’s teachers to identify areas of needs and interests and develop problem-solving skills needed to accomplish shared goals.
- Assisted families in obtaining necessary benefits such as Medicaid, food stamps (SNAP), or other social services through Project Lifesaver.
- Maintained responsibility for the program, keeping records and providing daily evaluations and progress reports.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 8
- Receiving hospice care is a stressful time for family members, but I saw it as an opportunity to lend support and assistance to the patient’s family by coordinating community resources and linking families with resources to help them manage the patient’s care.
- Received outstanding service award in recognition of my dedication to clients, as demonstrated through strong leadership, positive attitude, and effective work ethic.
- My ability to handle multiple cases at once allowed for a quick response in crisis situations. A grateful client summed up my effort as “exceptional.”
- Seamlessly facilitated difficult conversations; supported families through transitions following the passing of their relative through hospice care.
- Provided grief support; offered encouragement and comfort during the most difficult of times.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 9
- Mentored and instructed individuals who had a GED and were re-entering the workforce, in job search skills and the importance of good attendance.
- Provided individualized care to each resident by assessing their needs based on their treatment plan, speaking with family members and professionals, and working jointly with staff to develop a support plan that met each individual’s needs.
- Actively involved in onsite fundraising events. Worked daily with volunteers to ensure their comfort, enjoyment, fun as well as proper uniform guidelines.
- Presented information regarding abuse awareness at public organizations throughout the community including local schools and organizations such as “Women’s Shelter”.
- Actively participated in the yearly Relay for Life event by passing out information regarding the event and raising money for research on cancer.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 10
- Achieved excellent score on performance appraisal.
- Became a member of the management team; helped to maintain organizational goals and objectives in accordance with the mission and intent of Charity North Inc.
- Received award for outstanding quality for integrated solicitation, fundraising, and evaluation process during a campaign.
- Certified as a Master Trainer for Fund Raising & Evaluation; provided quality training to staff.
- Received outstanding performance award; actively involved in all aspects of fundraising process in partnership with clients and team members to achieve fundraising goals.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 11
- Provided above-average customer service.
- Retrieved information from the donated property in a timely manner; conducted and maintained accurate records for tax liability purposes.
- Developed effective techniques for locating donated property within the organization’s vast collection of materials.
- Received award for keeping files organized; achieved the goal of clearing off one rack of obsolete record storage.
- Received award for restoring the organization’s archive stacks to their original, alphabetical order; effectively managed all data related to file and record management, including updating files and coordinating with other departments to streamline procedures to improve access to information by all staff members.
Family Support Worker Resume Sample 12
- Recognized by the Executive Director for outstanding performance; supported 3-4 different programs in a timely manner.
- Compiled data regarding family emergencies per the Executive Director’s requests.
- Successfully recruited participants to support family/senior/newborn groups. Supported groups in offering an array of activities to participants, including ice cream socials, film nights, holiday celebrations, and picnics.
- Achieved award for meeting service excellence guidelines according to the Executive Director’s criteria.
- Received award for excellent customer service from customers who had applied for a loan from The First National Bank of Fairfax County.
Their qualifications include High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in childhood education or guidance and counseling with at least two years experience. Family support workers must demonstrate community work, great organization skills, proficiency in communication, listening skills, dedication and interpersonal skills, time management, must be flexible, goal-oriented and non-judgemental.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.