Financial Accountants act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost, and revenues analyses. Their duties include Forecasting costs and revenues, Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual statements, Gathering and monitoring financial data, Manage tax payments, Organize internal audits, and Analyze financial trends.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Financial Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Accountant resumes for your reference.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Successfully matched vendors to suppliers (customers) based on purchase trends.
- Ensured accurate and efficient accounts payable system by verifying invoices, monitoring funds, and handling check runs.
- Contributed to the company’s success in developing an employee-ownership program for qualified employees.
- Facilitated the daily financial closing process with minimum supervision; including timely preparation of bank deposits and balancing of the trial balance to a general ledger balance.
- Acted as a liaison between finance, auditing, marketing, and manufacturing by collaborating during monthly staff meetings to ensure consistent financial reporting.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Adopted systems for tracking and capturing internal company receivables and payrolls for $50,000.00 in assets.
- Conducted over 25 financial audits for various companies generating over $4,854,000.00 in gross receipts; prepared multi-colored audit reports of two-page length.
- Maintained personal stock portfolio accounting at tabular rates which exceed accrual bases earning an average of 5% annual net profit margin on a conservative basis.
- Directed and supervised several team members as a financial coordinator on projects resulting in project budgets exceeding $1,000,000.00.
- Achieved high marks for meeting and exceeding internal sales goals.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Analyzed data on revenues, expenses, and income in a timely manner.
- Designed quarterly and annual budgets for corporate clients.
- Verified proper filing of tax returns to meet IRS laws and regulations.
- Planned company growth by collaborating with executives that included senior management, finance department, sales staff, and external consultants to increase revenue.
- Maintained system integrity by verifying costs in multiple departments prior to purchasing materials or services.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Performed a wide range of duties such as new account set-up, modifications, and cancellations within the company’s customer base of nearly 3000; now supporting over 1250.
- Achieved award for outstanding achievement in obtaining and maintaining greater than 90% accuracy in processing cash receipts.
- Recognized with the award for accuracy of work done as a result of a thorough review by the external auditors on all cash receipts and adjustments for the year; no exceptions noted.
- Managed bank accounts to prevent loss or unsafe conditions.
- Achieved award for excellence by maintaining and increasing sales profits as well as improving budget expectations.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Served as a consultant for a national accounting and financial consulting firm for three years.
- Directed the department for eight years, including budgets, audits, and financial statements.
- Designed internal controls and applied analytical techniques to ensure proper control of information between departments.
- Discuss current changes to policies by presenting them to the head legal counsel as required.
- Provided ad hoc advice where appropriate on one account; maintain at least two other accounts referred by other parties with whom I have a professional relationship.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Achieved prestigious status within the Accounting department as a result of discovering a major identity theft and recovery.
- Accurately reconciled over $10 million in gross receivables by discovering and rectifying over $100,000 discrepancies in accounts payable.
- Effectively reconciled over 2,300 General Journal, Subsidiary Journal, and General Ledger entries while negotiating a merger between major companies; reduced accounting costs by 19%.
- Effectively managed key accounting tasks for government audits and tax filings; resolved financial issues without compromise to the company’s obligations.
- Contributed to annual evaluations of corporate performance by providing accurate data for accurate analysis.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Executed financial analyses of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and income statements.
- Analyzed the profitability of a new business opportunity for the benefit of the organization and its shareholders.
- Reviewed statutes, regulations, and previous corporate actions pertaining to material items reported in financial statements.
- Conducted regular independent audits to verify that policies and procedures are properly adhered to as per applicable internal controls requirements.
- Negotiated with vendors to obtain all required information from them, in accordance with FASB standards.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Provided clients with full-service management of their financial accounting needs by providing analysis, design, and creation of financial models.
- Prepared a hedge fund’s annual audit after determining the significance, risks, and potential opportunities that could affect the fund’s performance.
- Identified and resolved a discrepancy in a client’s financial statement related to the existence of an outside Internal Revenue Service 1095 issued by a third-party insurance company.
- Tracked ongoing costs as part of a project team for a Fortune 500 investment fund; reported expenses to upper management to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Recovered a fund’s financial statement from the IRS after determining information was incomplete, inaccurate, or manipulated; supported the company in their appeals to receive approval.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Managed all accounting, tax, and audit activities in a large law firm for 8 years; coordinated financial affairs for the firm’s 500-attorney practice.
- Selected by his peers as the top accountant at the firm in 2002; served as a member of the Finance Committee and on various audit committees.
- Served as Chairman of Board of Directors from 2000 to 2002.
- Spearheaded development of new departmental and corporate businesses while maintaining control over the existing portfolio.
- Worked with the litigation support team to establish and secure contractually enforceable legal agreements between the company and its partners.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Managed to accurately calculate the net present value of a project within a mere three hours, reducing the client’s risk of business failure by 25%.
- Analyzed and researched annual reports for the public accounting firm; analyzed information and determining discrepancies between companies’ actual income and their earnings per share.
- Recognized as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA); achieved CPA exam while maintaining diverse career responsibilities.
- Achieved additional designation as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA); an expert in portfolio management, asset allocation, and investment performance evaluation.
- Met deadlines; saved time by assigning important files to others after scheduling their work instead of doing it personally.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Improved the auditing process with existing financial systems and communicated audit findings in a timely manner.
- Developed new systems for financial analysis, budgeting, and system controls.
- Conducted monthly analysis of operating results, budgets, forecasting, and cash flow for small business clients.
- Co-wrote a comprehensive quarterly budget report which was utilized by the owner of a $150 million company as a tool to assess operations.
- Recognition of superior performance in the annual audit.
Financial Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Bounced back from forced retirement due to massive reorganization movement; quickly returned to the workforce by securing a contract position with a client as a financial accountant.
- Showcased exceptional skills as an auditor during planning and control reviews with management.
- Trained new hires in accounting, auditing, and consulting assignments.
- Received outstanding performance evaluation comments; rated number one employee during first three years of employment.
- Contributed to company growth, profitability, and stability by developing and maintaining quarterly budget reporting for the division.
To work as a Financial Accountant you must have a BSc degree in Accounting, or Finance and complete a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) with experience in finance. Financial Accountants must show good analytical, communication, organizational, understanding of accounting principles, attention to detail, commitment, and self-motivation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.