A Vice President of Sales and Marketing works together with all other company departments to generate income for the business. Their duties include interviewing salesmen, hiring marketing managers, training personnel, writing press releases, acting as spokesperson for the company, reviewing market trends and setting prices for company goods or services.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Vice President Of Sales And Marketing Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Vice President Of Sales And Marketing resumes for your reference.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 1
- Identified consumer needs and attitudes for the local beer distributor. This enabled the distributor to obtain market share in existing and new markets, achieve greater market penetration and control, and increase revenue.
- Promoted consumer awareness of new beer products by helping distributors formulate effective advertising campaigns.
- Founded a sales training institute that has trained over 2300 salespeople from 200 companies in 4 countries. The institute has had an 80 percent success ratio for improving sales results and a 95 percent employment retention ratio for those who were hired by clients of the institute.
- Increased annual sales by over 500 percent for a product line in its first year of being on the market. The company has consistently increased annual sales by 20% or more each year since then.
- Worked with a major distributor to develop a new, visionary worldwide distribution system that cut operating costs and improved customer satisfaction.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 2
- Initiated and expanded the company’s electronic information services department to five branches, with a staff increase from six to thirty.
- Increased revenues over 600% by both increasing sales to existing clientele and acquiring new clients.
- Raised profitability of branch offices ten percent per month, earning branch recognition for exceptional performance by the manager of marketing and sales for the parent corporation.
- Promoted an aggressive organizational focus on performance excellence.
- Designed and implemented new standard operating procedures that were later adopted nationwide by the parent corporation as an example of best practice in industry.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 3
- Created and implemented t-shirt design programs for six of the world’s largest and most recognized corporations.
- Established vital sales relationships with major distributors, as a member of the Direct Mail Sales Team.
- Structured products for national distribution, as responsible for collaborating with many different companies to gain new accounts and enhance existing clientele.
- Received key departmental awards due to exceptional performance in sales and marketing.
- Developed highly profitable marketing plans that generated profits exceeding $50,000 yearly throughout my career.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 4
- Successfully launched web site providing high-end, unique specialty products and services to online and offline customers that include golfers, boaters, and riders.
- Directed the marketing for an expansion of existing client base for a domestic engineering company, using e-mail marketing, search engine optimization campaign management, social media stratagem, and traditional advertising.
- Promoted innovative product lines by positioning them as revolutionary technology that dramatically improved customer’s quality of life.
- Created innovative marketing techniques to increase sales in a non-traditional industry; raised the sales volume from $20 million to $50 million within one year.
- Successfully implemented two new initiatives that increased gross margins from 36% to 56% and net sales from $13.5 million to $35 million respectively.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 5
- Achieved sales and marketing goal of doubling company revenue.
- Created motivational training program with criteria that allowed new employees to qualify for time-based bonuses.
- Increased sales of a product line by 44% within 6 months.
- Launched marketing campaign with complete set of tools and procedures that responded to market needs; resulted in dramatic increase in profits.
- Grew sales by 26% within 6 months, while simultaneously reducing costs by 10%.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 6
- Effectively sold a business line of air compressors and related accessories that increased sales over 20 percent.
- Branded, launched, and successfully developed new products and lines of business.
- Successfully restructured the company’s organizational chart to ensure productivity, cost savings, and growth.
- Achieved top sales figures through extensive presentations at trade shows.
- Surpassed individual quota goals four times in a row by secreting significant amounts of product within the company’s prime selling season.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 7
- Hired, trained, and managed a ten-person sales and marketing team to achieve corporate revenue goals by 20%.
- Supervised day-to-day operations of a multi-million dollar resort including guest services and spa.
- Directed $50,000 in ad campaigns for corporate expansion by 20% in one year.
- Responsible for designing, manufacturing, and marketing year round programs for children.
- Managed 2 million dollars’ worth of inventory with only 6 employees.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 8
- Directed a large sales organization, leading it to the #1 position in its industry.
- Managed a diverse sales staff of 20 to 30 individuals.
- Maintained close communications with all vendors, including appliance manufacturers, software developers, and printers.
- Oversaw marketing efforts, including design and promotion of quality displays and direct mail campaigns.
- Metered costs to company’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), resulting in lower printing expenses and cost cutting opportunities for third-party vendors.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 9
- Created and implemented SMART (Sales, Marketing and Relationship Tactics) methods to boost sales, build customer loyalty, and redefining the way companies view employees.
- Transformed the customer service department into a top-notch sales force that delivers a personalized customer experience.
- Led a team of four sales representatives as they grew their annual revenues from $7 million to $40 million.
- Recognized by industry experts as one of the top producers at World Events and Marketing Conference.
- Achieved outstanding performance crown in B2B Sales Summit; recognized for developing new strategies for increasing revenue.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 10
- Directed product marketing and advertising campaigns to increase sales by 20%.
- Developed new training programs that increased sales and productivity by 50% while increasing loyalty by 200%.
- Development of new product lines that increased sales by 30%.
- Developed strategic planning tools to enhance product lines.
- Introduced and implemented new sales training program that increased sales by 15%.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 11
- Increased revenues by 30% within first 6 months.
- Replaced sales manager by significantly increasing sales team sales revenues by 20% in first 6 months of appointment.
- Rebuilt and restructured Sales department with new hires, promotions, and organizational structure after previous departmental lay-off.
- Streamlined operations by reducing expenses and eliminating redundant tasks; maintained revenue growth during economic downturns.
- Reduced turnover rate while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through management training program.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 12
- Developed and implemented a complete marketing plan that successfully increased revenues by 10% within a year.
- Spearheaded an effective market exposure campaign that resulted in an increase of contacts with clients by over 100% in six consecutive months.
- Invented, researched, and developed software for inventory management and tracking; streamlined departmental resources and improved overall work efficiency.
- Organized client retention program that yielded a 12.5% increase in average yearly orders from existing customers; personally participated in telephone “thank you” calls to customers for their recommendations to colleagues.
- Earned plaques and letters of recognition for achieving sales goal of $2.9 million in less than five years; consistently generated new leads and account openings.
Educational requirements for this job are a bachelor’s degree in business administration or math; many businesses require a master’s degree. Skills needed are excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, listening skills, ability to multi-task, extensive management skills, leadership, presentation skills, and research skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.