A Head Teacher is the most senior teacher at and leader of a school or educational institution. A Head Teacher runs educational institutions, manage teaching staffs, assist parents, manage the business side of an educational institution, set strategic goals, correspond with donors, and maintain the reputation for an educational institution.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Head Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Head Teacher resumes for your reference.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Successfully implemented and managed a pre-school program for 3 years that met or exceeded all state licensing regulations.
- Proven track record of raising students’ test scores by more than 30% in reading and math.
- Promoted a sense of community among peers, parents, and school through the development of monthly newsletters.
- Led a classroom to win a Blue Ribbon Award for “Outstanding Academic Achievement”.
- Tracked student progress and presented a detailed report of findings at a summer conference for teachers.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Provided knowledgeable, professional leadership with measurable outcomes for 200+ students daily in second grade.
- Competitive salary increase after three years of success with twice the student enrollment of other teachers.
- Increased test scores by 20% through providing information regarding purposeful behavior, including coordination and communication.
- Received recognition as an “exceptional educator” for improving students’ reading scores.
- Use lessons learned to inspire others in the classroom; successful at training teachers to be effective educators.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw the care and education of a class of 16 students, ranging in ages from 4 to 5 years old.
- Demonstrated success in increasing student engagement, as measured by observations and formal assessments.
- Was responsible for the planning and execution of an annual theme-based curriculum.
- Promoted student physical fitness through physical education activities.
- Planned and prepared lessons that helped students develop skills in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, music, art, and physical education.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Monitored student progress through formal evaluations, informal observations, and consultation with parents.
- Exemplified the Head Teacher’s leadership philosophy providing direction, fostering teamwork, encouraging communication, promoting organizational development.
- Orchestrated curriculum modifications to improve writing skills of struggling students by incorporating daily writing activities into lessons instead of homework.
- Successfully completed a year-long project of revising and implementing a new Pre-K curriculum; district recognized school as an exemplary program.
- Promoted to Assistant Principal position; led school in obtaining high academic achievement scores on state accountability measures.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Led a team of 15 teachers and managed the education of over 400 students from grade 1 to 8.
- Oversaw the design and implementation of an Individualized Education Plan for each student.
- Directed music classes, art sessions, and computer labs.
- Collaborated with parents to establish a school garden that yielded vegetables for student lunches throughout the year.
- Promoted safety awareness during lunch time by teaching students basic first aid skills.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Assisted Head teacher with developing, implementing, and managing the education program for over 400 students.
- Managed campus safety initiatives with one hundred staff members that included working with local police departments to maintain a drug free campus.
- Spear-headed community outreach programs by generating interest with local civic organizations, government agencies, and the media.
- Coordinated annual enrollment for 200 students in grades K-12 needed to replenish state funding allocations during budget cuts.
- Planned lessons with developmentally disabled children using methods that engage their attention and stimulate learning by integrating IEP goals into daily class curriculum.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Successfully created and implemented a morning meeting program that increased student engagement and improved test scores.
- Championed the adoption of a restorative justice model in response to increasing suspensions, which led to a decrease in suspensions and an increase in academic achievement.
- Oversaw development of a fine arts curriculum that was expanded to include dance and music.
- Visionary leader who transformed the student body from one focused on violence and gangs to one working together for academic excellence, organized extracurricular activities, and started anti-bullying programs to promote inclusivity.
- Oversaw the expansion of the school library and updated technology to expand access for students and teachers.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Motivated an unruly classroom of 21 first-grade students by rephrasing lessons, maintaining order through open communication with parents, and reinforcing routine procedures.
- Guided four elementary school classes to achieve their full potentials by establishing lesson plans, developing academic curricula, and applying effective assessment techniques.
- Responded to parents’ needs by developing effective communication strategies through emails, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings.
- Implemented a K-12 program rewarding academic excellence that motivated students to score highly on standardized tests.
- Advocated for the physical well being of students by lobbying state assembly members for health and physical education in public schools.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Led a team of 20 teachers and support staff in the delivery of education to over 400 students.
- Oversaw and managed budget of $2 million.
- Was responsible for the design and implementation of curriculum across the school.
- Was recognized as an outstanding head teacher by the Minister of Education.
- Received an award for excellence in teaching from the National Parenting Association.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Provided oversight for operations, curriculum, and staff including working with parents/guardians in order to ensure that each student’s needs were met.
- Promoted effective teamwork between parents and teachers.
- Ensured the school implemented an effective behavior management system by planning, implementing and analyzing data to increase school-wide positive behavior.
- Chaired or co-chaired curriculum meetings, staff meetings, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Collaborated with other teachers to develop Common Core units and assessments.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw the education, care and development of a class of up to 30 children aged 3-5 years.
- Created a stimulating and enriching curriculum that supported the EYFS framework.
- Wrote reports on the progress of each child for parents, carers and other professionals.
- Planned and led creative, cultural and educational events for parents, carers and children.
- Implemented a variety of strategies to promote positive behaviour in the classroom.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Received outstanding reviews from parents and students alike for creating a nurturing environment that promoted curiosity, creativity, and exploration.
- Demonstrated excellence in curriculum planning and execution, frequently adapting lessons to meet the needs of each student.
- Led by example, displaying a commitment to lifelong learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Provided students with a safe and comfortable environment, establishing relationships within the school community.
- Plan and conduct extracurricular activities to promote higher levels of student self-esteem and cooperation in order to build resiliency.
Head Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Received award for excellence in teaching and leadership, demonstrating exemplary practice with a focus on student achievement.
- Demonstrated success in improving student outcomes, leading to gains in reading levels, math scores, and graduation rates.
- Cultivated an environment where students feel safe and supported, resulting in decreases in discipline issues.
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop best practices and shared successful strategies across the school.
- Was a key member of the leadership team that successfully transitioned the school to a new model of education.
Head Teachers have usually completed graduate school in education, and may have a PhD in any number of areas, including education or psychology. A Head Teacher must be intelligent, enjoy teaching, enjoy working with children and young adults, have good communication skills, be empathetic, be adaptive, be detail-oriented, and be kind.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.