HVAC Mechanics work onsite to repair all mechanical aspects of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning units. They will need to have knowledge of electrical systems and how different parts interact with each other. The top skills for this position are problem-solving, troubleshooting abilities, customer service skills, team player abilities, and knowledge of HVAC system components. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, as well as a license to drive as the sites are often in remote locations and local transportation will be necessary.
The Best HVAC Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hvac Sample resumes for your reference.
- Led team of three technicians to achieve company goal for successful call ratio; personally answered 92% of calls.
- Diagnosed 3 heating system failures in 2 days, repaired them all before the end of the day, and earned grateful praise from customers.
- Installed a new gas furnace, two air conditioners, and three coils without error or incident; brought systems online with no problems.
- Completed 200+ hours of specialized training on equipment design by the manufacturer through coursework and hands-on learning at job sites.
- Achieved flawless performance rating based on dozens of positive customer testimonials.
- Maintained new HVAC units by conducting preventative maintenance on all parts of the unit.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in air conditioning units to restore optimal working conditions.
- Resolved customer’s concerns regarding installation, replacement, and system operation of heating units.
- Participated in a new construction project for Sears; judged against other teams in professional knowledge and practical skills.
- Managed a team of five HVAC technicians ensuring quality installation and service levels were met or exceeded by all technicians.
- Completed work within budgeted hours by identifying problem areas and solving them before they became full-blown failures.
- Introduced new sales strategies that increased sales percentages to company average.
- Trained two-month apprenticeship under lead mechanic; identified by the shop foreman as one of “two mechanics in twenty years who picked up on things quickly.”
- Recognized for skills that have enabled me to become a journey-level mechanic with over five years’ experience.
- Promoted from apprentice to journey-level status after demonstrating proficiency in every skill required at every level of the hierarchy.
- Put in over ten years of service to my company.
- Installed new 5 ton through 20-ton split systems, furnaces, boilers, and chillers
- Repaired and serviced all makes and models of cooling equipment.
- Effectively repaired over 50 residential HVAC units.
- Created customer rapport with high esteem ratings; recognized for performance by Supervisor.
- Restored and renovated seven units of new and existing second-hand HVAC equipment for energy efficiency.
- Identified and repaired malfunctions of heat exchangers, blowers, coils, gas valves, controls.
- Promoted response time through the creation of a database of common problem symptoms and possible causes; escalated unresolved problems to supervisors.
- Designed new HVAC system for newly-developed retail space; promoted adaption to clients’ needs with consideration towards noise levels and lighting conditions.
- Achieved cost-performance balance by creating an updated schedule for upgrades and replacement of parts within the client’s monthly budget estimates.
- Order any supplies or equipment needed for HVAC maintenance or installation as needed.
- Respond to emergencies to resolve issues on an immediate basis.
- Determine the need for upgrading HVAC systems and recommend the next steps to take necessary actions.
- Maintaining the entire office building, residence, facilities and conducting a general inspection of all units.
- Responsible for repairing Operational conditions such as Air handling units, VFD, VAV, Circulating pumps, Electrical and Mechanical jobs.
- Preventive maintenance and general servicing of all split a/c, package type units including Mechanical and Electrical works.
- Responsible for Troubleshooting and repairing York Chiller, Air stack Chiller, Hot/Cold pumps, and Controls.
- Effective in installing and troubleshooting heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration units.
- Adept at balancing air and water treatment systems per HVAC protocols.
- Core understanding of determining causes of malfunctions and correcting them properly.
- Exceptional knowledge of providing technical assistance with the design and implementation of HVAC systems.
- Strong background in reading and interpreting instructions and safety procedures associated with HVAC processes.
- Work directly with commercial engineers while learning sequence of operation in regards to software.
- Pinpointing malfunctioning areas, diagnose, replace, or install faulty or new equipment.
- Install residential and commercial equipment on a deadline basis.
- Receive work orders from the supervisor, perform tasks plant-wide according to the work order.
- Communicate with supervisors on job progress and relay part information if something needs to be ordered to complete the task.
- Most of all equipment serviced/ repaired is commercial/industrial package units, split systems, and chillers.
- Except for some residential equipment not located near the process area.
- Performed all brazing tasks per safety rules and precautions.
- Documented technical data and events ensuring the precision of final reports.
- Collaborated with business development, tracked assets, personnel, and budget, and generated final tickets for customers.
- Installed and maintained diverse heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Ensured that all installations were done per the set standards.
- Ordered any supplies or equipment needed for HVAC maintenance or installation as needed.
- Investigated major malfunctions and breakdowns of heating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning systems.
- Inspected and tested refrigeration systems, safety devices, and controls.
- Tested chemical levels in refrigerators and freezers to verify compliance with regulations.
- Maintain the air condition units, by changing the filters, checking and verifying the air pressure levels.
- Maintained the inventory for the parts needed to maintain the air conditioning units.
- Verified on a schedule the refrigerant levels for all the units in the buildings.
- Install complete HVAC units etc.. packaged, splits, ductless ranging in tonnage and BTUs.
- Troubleshoot and rectify various electrical issues using schematics, wire diagrams, and circuitry diagrams.
- Removed and replaced compressors, condenser fans motors, condensing units, TXVs, indoor blowers, and evaporators.
- Installation of the tank and tank-less water heaters and heating/ac units.
- Assist with City inspections- electrical, sweating copper, zoning, cutting, threading, and installing gas pipes.
- Assist when needed in the warehouse with the organization of supplies and pull sheets for future projects.
- Maintain environmental conditions by installing and maintaining both heating and cooling systems.
- Assess existing HVAC systems to determine viability and requirements for maintenance.
- Record readings and thermostats adjust HVAC systems to provide optimum value to customers.
- Confer with customers to gauge their HVAC needs and provide them with possible solutions based on their budgets.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.