High School Art Teachers are educators that prepare teenage students with curriculum approved by the state. Duties include demonstrating art techniques, creating class schedule, grading, showing how to care for art tools, explaining different art supplies, and planning student art displays.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best High School Art Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real High School Art Teacher resumes for your reference.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for teaching over 200 students per term in grades 8-12, while overseeing a curriculum of art and fine arts classes.
- Organized the school’s annual art show, which received outstanding reviews.
- Taught a variety of art and design classes, including Art History.
- Selected to teach curriculum for an International Summer Camp for teens/gentlemen.
- Was twice recognized as “Best Teacher 2002” by students and parents alike; awarded ‘Teacher of the Year’ award from parent association.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Conceived, planned, and executed curriculum in art and creative thinking; established consistent grading standards; developed strong relationships with parents and students.
- Developed physical fitness program to enhance student learning with purpose; produced exhibits of student artwork in local city park.
- Collaborated with the school district to present academic programs to school children.
- Trained students for photography contests based on design ideas inspired by a two-year tour abroad during which photography lessons were included in tuition.
- Discovered new ways to utilize Photoshop by modifying photographs of watercolor paintings from students.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Effectively utilized art to assist with curriculum objectives and celebrate accomplishments.
- Trained students in drawing and painting for private home lessons.
- Identified and assisted students who were potential candidates for college scholarships by drawing on their work.
- Stressed the importance of allocating time for the creative arts during our school’s annual Art Show held in conjunction with the city’s Easter Egg Hunt.
- Encouraged students to focus on their creativity, innovation, and imagination.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Explored new chemical and other artistic mediums in the classroom to facilitate and energize the learning process.
- Organized student art exhibits at local festivals; fostered creative learning through art and design programs within the school district.
- Trained students in creative expression and personal development through art, creative writing, photography, public speaking, music, dance, improvisation and team sports.
- Received recognition from students and parents for the excellence of the art program.
- Achieved awards for excellence in art, music and visual design.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Developed curriculum for K-12 students in art, gymnastics, and basic principles of design.
- Acquired extensive knowledge and experience in the field of design and arts from attending art shows, galleries, museums and libraries.
- Achieved success over a period of thirteen years as a professional artist by exhibiting at numerous local, state and national events.
- Performed creative demonstrations at the annual Holiday Showcase Celebration of Art & Design in Detroit Lakes (ND).
- Committed to maintaining a strong position in school leadership by establishing goals to meet their artistic needs.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Produced an annual Art Fair to offer students and families professional art sales, enrichment activities, and career options.
- Extremely knowledgeable in different techniques of drawing, painting, sculpting, photography, jewelry-making and wood working.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills as pre-service instructor for over twenty years.
- Generated Higher Education Institution (HEI) graduates with post-secondary degrees in Visual Arts.
- Realized the importance of family unity within a community by starting an annual summer art festival for area children.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Received Outstanding Award; selected teacher of the month by parents and staff.
- Won 1st place in schoolwide art competition.
- Executed the design of special-themed art in all years, including yearbook, each book of the school’s history, a series of posters and banners celebrating National Education Week, special programs for Teachers’ Appreciation Day, events at different schools (a color guard at a Girl Scout Council convention).
- Planned and prepared daily lesson plans for art students.
- Coordinated weekend activity schedule with parents’ prior to/after classes as well as lunch preparation time.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Provided after-school art programs for over 2,000 students.
- Accommodated exceptional student personalities.
- Created and maintained a positive atmosphere by maintaining good relationships with staff and parents.
- Spent extra time during the summer months to assist teacher who has left the school system.
- Assigned responsibility and volunteered to participate in various art events such as the Art Fair, ArtNight, and Citywide Cleanup.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Gave over 1,000 participants hands-on experiences in the creative process of visual art, photography, and animation.
- Instructed and inspired creativity of over 250 students for a total of 6 years.
- Consistently received a rating of 9 or 10 by students on projects completed in art class.
- Performed over 10,000 hours of community service by providing entertainment and volunteering for area hospitals, schools, and foundations.
- Taught five summer school art classes to over 150 children in remedial art and creative arts education.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 10
- People say that I have a gift for teaching, nurturing, and empowering students. I am often left wondering, “where did this job come from?”
- Turned my private art studio into a student classroom and transformed the “negative” energy associated with school-based art programs into a positive experience for students and myself.
- Received $5,000 in donations to support my newest project which will provide opportunities for learning experiences that foster personal growth in areas such as music, dance, theater, film/video making, writing, digital media creation with technology tools (i.e.: video game design), and the visual arts (painting/drawing).
- Launched the “Architecture” and “Photography” clubs; both clubs were established to teach students technical skills in these areas as well as develop their creative abilities.
- Re-designed and re-created art experiences to meet the interest, needs, and expectations of 21st century learners while maintaining the integrity of content presented by the state arts curriculum.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Articulated a Creative Vision for the visual development of the department, including new curriculum.
- Guided students in self-expression and creativity within a framework of classroom learning.
- Established the first annual student art show.
- Organized an Artist’s Cooperative where students were able to sell their artwork to patrons and other artists. Taught grammar and fine arts to thirty-five gifted children with language delays and disabilities using an innovative approach developed by the teacher in collaboration with educators from other schools and subject matter experts from Johns Hopkins University, Peabody Institute, Morgan State University, and Washington College.
- Tested the P.E. teacher to determine if his program was exceeding state standards.
High School Art Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Transformed a blank classroom from empty white walls to a gallery space.
- Hosted three high-school art showcases, including one featuring the works of more than one hundred students.
- Began yearly calendar of school art shows and events; initiated the annual “Art For The Children” fundraiser.
- Collaborated on group projects with three art teachers, resulting in a mural for the school commons area and four paintings to decorate the walls of classroom spaces.
- Recognized by a colleague during his yearlong tenure as Principal of John Randolph High School as an outstanding professional.
To work as a High School Art Teacher, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Art, teaching credentials, and a completion of a teacher assistant internship. High School Art Teacher must demonstrate curriculum knowledge, lesson plan knowledge, classroom management, knowledge of art history, attention to detail, art show knowledge, and organizational skill.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.