Electrical Contractors are responsible for installing, fixing, and maintaining the electrical systems in buildings. Their duties include installing electrical systems, maintaining electrical systems, using power tools, replacing worn parts, repairing sophisticated devices, and contacting customers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Electrical Contractor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Electrical Contractor resumes for your reference.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 1
- Persuaded clients to consider the potential for energy savings by consolidating cooling, heating, and lighting.
- Formulated annual maintenance contract for electrical systems of a small hotel.
- Analysis of progress of a large infrastructure building project from initiation to completion that included power, water, and gas systems.
- Negotiated a $1,000,000 job for electrical upgrades in an upscale hotel and golf resort.
- Located, compared, and bid on a $1,000,000 electrical job; completed the project within budget while maintaining full customer satisfaction.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 2
- Acquired $65,000 in business through customer referrals.
- Earned rank of Black Belt in Karate; achieved Black Belt level proficiency in Kickboxing and Jiu-Jitsu.
- Created marketing success using multi-level marketing strategies to promote the electrical contracting business.
- Experienced record sales while managing an electrical contracting business that enjoyed sales growth without paid advertising or promotions.
- Successfully marketed company products and services to businesses, schools, hospitals, and homeowners on a local and international basis by developing professional presentations.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 3
- Performed all electrical work to code according to local, state, and national safety guidelines; maintained Class A General Construction license.
- Specialized in both residential and commercial lighting and wiring techniques; completed a post-secondary education program in electrical engineering.
- Proved basic understanding of surge protection, grounding systems, fire alarm systems, and cabling; completed comprehensive study at technical college.
- Conferred with architects and building owners to discuss renovation plans; served on the Board of Directors for a local organization.
- Restored power through outage of one main feeder underground service line by replacing worn-out cross-ties at a residential home.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 4
- Increased company profit margin through leadership, building, and supervision of construction projects.
- Trained construction workers in installation techniques for clients using some of the newest electronics technology on the market.
- Crafted a design for a new building that won an international architecture award for its beauty, functionality, and innovation.
- Identified, installed, and maintained electrical appliances and switches in educational facilities without disrupting the academic performance.
- Installed automated switching and detection systems to control motors in factories that enhanced productivity by 20% without reducing quality standards.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 5
- Established and successfully completed a new construction electrical project utilizing a bid pricing system and construction manager.
- Installed lighting fixtures, outlets, receptacles, and switches; successfully completed demolition projects with minimal disruption of client’s operations.
- Edited electrical plans and specifications to meet budget, schedule, and quality goals; provided quality control inspections on site by noting code violations and deficiencies.
- Completed the entire project within the stipulated budget time.
- Won blue ribbon award for most improved electrical contractor relative to previous years’ production standards by area contractors.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 6
- Established reputation as a leading electrical contractor, achieving national recognition for outstanding sales and quality awards.
- Earned honor & distinction as a member of The American Institute of Electrical Engineers, Inc. (AIEE) for meritorious service to the electrical industry.
- Accomplished excellence in the installation of indoor and outdoor lighting systems and supervised on-site electrical jobs from line start-up through design completion.
- Initiated a successful private contracting business with several other electrical contractors that included commercial and residential projects throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Excelled in a fast-paced, high-stress environment by accepting responsibility and handling sensitive issues with poise & tact.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 7
- Held various positions in a construction company.
- Built homes and made major alterations.
- Designed and built electrical systems.
- Planned, scheduled, and executed lighting designs on new homes, renovations, commercial interiors, and retail developments.
- Set up lighting for numerous events and concerts.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 8
- Segmented and replaced multiple electrical circuits throughout the building; installed, repaired, and maintained electronic equipment.
- Designed and implemented a low voltage system for an audio/visual equipment manufacturer; provided technical support, instruction to customers on all aspects of the system.
- Installed multiple sound amplifiers for entertainment applications; provided instruction on facility requirements, installation techniques, and maintenance.
- Assisted in the redesign of a WOAI radio station complex that brought in heavy gains by implementing new security features and radio control systems.
- Provided problem-solving solutions to multiple issues; provided the needed technical support to resolve concerns, complaints, and problems.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 9
- Performed electrical work on two different homes for two different owners.
- Worked under various contractor licenses and insurance companies.
- Identified and repaired leaky roofs, electrical fire protection, and faulty electrical outlets that brought homeowners back to preventative maintenance.
- Took pride in both qualities of work and making sure the customer was satisfied with their product.
- Achieved outstanding marks in mission completion at the end of each job.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 10
- Scored a $50,000.00 contract for new electrical work by responding to the company’s proposal, developing specifications, conducting an on-site inspection, making a competitive bid for the work, and then completing the work within the allotted contracting period.
- Transferred an old home from a traditional to a high-efficiency solar hot water system in which I had researched. The financial investment was minimal.
- Recompleted electrical service upgrades including new receptacles, switches, and light fixtures while frugally maintaining on my utility bill through energy conservation measures such as insulation and low voltage lights of reduced wattage.
- Became a successful electrical technician by self-studying the National Electrical Code and building a personal library of electrical publications.
- Certified me for a variety of electrical work through hundreds of hours of self-instruction, research, and hands-on experience.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 11
- Cut my own professional teeth by delivering the best lighting installation services in the area.
- Managed nearly five million dollars’ worth of electrical equipment in a span of three years.
- Generated over eighty thousand dollars in revenues for the company by investing my own time, energy, and money into marketing.
- Outgrew my job description as an electrician and moved on to managing team member performance, resolving conflicts, and scheduling appointments.
- Obtained new customers for my firm by contacting every business owner on my purchasing route; generated around $1 million annually in new business during the first year alone.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 12
- Performed design, labor, and installation services for 2,100 residential electrical installations.
- Constructed over 1,000 storage cabinets.
- Installed over 1,000 electrical components, including circuit breakers, controls, and switches.
- Set up three 4K encoders with a data acquisition system and measurement equipment to measure space that would be used for a work area in order to measure quantities of items in order to plan for warehouse shelving during inventory control.
- Recruited and trained six apprentice electricians under supervision by the state’s largest electric contractor.
Electrical Contractor Resume Sample 13
- Successfully pulled wire for a complex building project, interfacing with architects, engineers, facilities, and maintenance departments.
- Coordinated fieldwork with other contractors to ensure projects were completed on time.
- Supervised installation of transformers and distribution equipment, while hiring and training student workers on-the-job to increase crews by 30%.
- Established the success of a merger between two companies while training maintenance personnel in the proper operation of the new electrical control equipment.
- Implemented effective safety programs that reduced accidents by 80% within six months of employment.
To work as an Electrical Contractor, you need to be trained in an electrical apprenticeship program and be licensed in the state you are working in as each licensing requirements vary by each state. Electrical Contractors must demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, decision-making, logical thinking, and mechanical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.