A screen printer is someone who works in the embroidery and printing of clothing and fashion items including t-shirts, sports jerseys,custom company uniforms and much more. Duties performed by a screen printer include general upkeep and operations of embroidery machines, using computer software to design custom logos, ordering and stocking the proper mediums, communicating the needs of the customer, managing large projects, as well as packaging and shipping of orders.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Screen Printer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Screen Printer resumes for your reference.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 1
- Efficiently manage all press needs, including heat-press machines, dryers, flash units, inks and vinyl.
- Improve production efficiency by 13% over the past year through the development of better tracking procedures.
- Recognized for taking on additional responsibilities during short staff periods due to vacations, training sessions or worker absence.
- Increase customer satisfaction by 2% via enhancements in work flow practices.
- Spearhead research into industry print finishing options to help achieve greater efficiencies within the organization.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw a new employee training program to ensure consistency in requirements from department managers.
- Designed and implemented a process improvement project that increased productivity by 15 percent over 18-month trial period.
- Promoted as Floor Manager after completing two three-month rotations as Assistant Manager, Lead Printer, and Quality Control Operator.
- Recognized for attaining all production records for toner cartridge assembly line during two consecutive monthly inspections; also designated the “Sprint Award” winner twice within one year.
- Received points on my Annual Appraisal for exhibiting high skill level; confirmed through direction of department manager who highlighted exceptional work ethic, quality standards, and team involvement in special ceremony.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 3
- Operated three different printing presses for 24″ x 36″ posters, T-shirts, and business cards.
- Bottleneck in production line eliminated by reworking equipment to work more efficiently. Faced with higher recycling costs due to foreign importation of raw materials, suggested successful switch from aluminum to steel cans.
- Promoted after six months of service for dedication in reducing company waste by recycling 65% of all cardboard, plastics, and paper waste.
- Fashioned new designs on computer software before laying them out on press sheets; printed 3 million greeting cards annually at an average speed of one per second each.
- Achieved award as employee of the year for cutting costs by 25%; monitored daily production; ensured quality control.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for customer service; went beyond basic responsibilities to provide outstanding customer service.
- Successfully developed an exclusive clientele; increased repeat customers by 20% within two years while increasing sales by 50%.
- Received recognition for superior quality of work; maintained an average defect rate of less than 5% among a staff of ten employees.
- Attained certification in Screen Printing from the Print Management Association after completing an apprenticeship program, evening courses, and research projects related to printing equipment and materials.
- Gained increase in productivity rates from three shifts with no extra personnel to four shifts fully staffed by a team that became extremely motivated and inspired under my supervision.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw the production process of one of the largest corporations in the state.
- Handled time-sensitive rush jobs with dedication and care for customer satisfaction.
- Optimized efficiency of an inefficient, old press by repairing it through self-teaching and research.
- Achieved record sales for a six month period after implementing new business strategies.
- Managed inventory cost to maximize profits while managing production workflow.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 6
- Responsible for producing high quality, on-time prints from digital files.
- In charge of the computerized version of equipment that automatically applies up to six colors to a screen simultaneously.
- Completed new color separations efficiently and according to schedule during first week of being hired as new pressman.
- Developed methods for corrective action resulting in a more effective production process through the use of machinery and individuals’ strengths.
- Trained others after completing a two-day class on silk screening, enabling them to produce prints at your level of expertise.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 7
- Assume the role of Assistant Supervisor within twelve months; trained staff, set up new computer system, evaluated equipment and processes to increase efficiency.
- Oversaw operational procedures for multiple high-speed presses that produced 100,000 t-shirts per week with a reduced defect rate of less than 5%.
- Attained company benchmark for productivity by producing 50% above the assigned case-load quota.
- Reorganized screen room production work flow resulting in time savings of over 12 hours weekly.
- Increased inventory turnover 20% annually which resulted in substantial yearly inventory value increase.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 8
- Promoted to Assistant Supervisor after six months.
- Achieved recognition for improved job performance and quality of work, including company-wide awards in the categories of customer satisfaction and product excellence.
- Solved problems by anticipating needs or initiating action with minimum instruction; made or supervised special arrangements for conferences, tours, etc., such as decorating rooms and receiving visitors.
- Administered payroll system, ensuring accuracy of all transactions and compliance with state and local laws governing pay periods, deductions, absences from work, etc.; reported statistical data prepared on various reports.
- Effectively used computers to schedule date for machine printing production runs; organized information to present a professional image at all times in care, appearance, promptness, and attendance.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 9
- Processed orders with efficiency and accuracy by utilizing point of sale computer software.
- Reached production goals by consistently printing high quality images on paper, banners, bags, caps, shirts, specialty items, posters and more.
- Oversaw all daily operations including payroll preparation for employees working within the print shop.
- Provided top-of-the line customer service to retail businesses by meeting tight deadlines during peak selling seasons.
- Maintained proper inventory levels through monitoring purchases and sales of screen printing supplies.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 10
- Assembled, finished, and packed orders; to include printing shirts with company logo.
- Selected best color separations from customers’ electronic file using Corel Draw software program.
- Maintained strict confidentiality regarding customer files and specifications in accordance with trade laws, including the intellectual property rights of competitors.
- Cut squeegees according to job requirements on a vinyl cutting machine for screen-printing purposes.
- Washed screens at the end of each day according to environmental practices set forth by local health department codes in order to prevent water contamination.
Screen Printer Resume Sample 11
- Utilized screen printing methods to produce school spirit apparel for sporting events, theatrical productions, and campus activities.
- Achieved zero defects in seven consecutive orders; recognized by Lead Operators for exceptional quality.
- Accomplished productivity increases of over 30% after redesigned equipment set up process; recognized by management for exceptional performance.
- Resolve numerous customer complaints by offering cost-effective solutions that reflect the company’s commitment to excellence; recognized by Quality Control Manager for superior customer service.
- Pioneered new sales opportunities after recommending and implementing modifications to current products; recognized by management for exceptional performance.
Screen printing can be learned by experience, or may require higher training or a bachelor’s degree, depending on the employer. Necessary skills to have in order to be a screen printer include creativity, professional attitude, computer skills, skills in design software, communication skills, ability to multitask, and knowledge of embroidery and screen printing equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.